Cadex Defence, flaunt it if you've got it!

TacticalPlinker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210227-112827.png
    Screenshot_20210227-112827.png
    732.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20210305_071257.jpg
    IMG_20210305_071257.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: JB.IC

Harry_19

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2019
Southern Alberta
Anyone have some vertical grip ideas?
MDT is back ordered for awhile. I have their MDT grip for the ACC chassis but not sure how to make that work since it’s a two piece design.
I’m running the MDT vertical grip on my Light Competition Chassis and I really like it. I’m not sure what others are referring to fo it sitting to low. It fit with no issues and I really Like the feel.
DACCDBFA-0408-4F02-9B37-887360D4E482.jpeg

JB.IC

Jackass of the Hide
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2019
I’m running the MDT vertical grip on my Light Competition Chassis and I really like it. I’m not sure what others are referring to fo it sitting to low. It fit with no issues and I really Like the feel.
View attachment 7585882

im curious how you even got it to attach. The grip I have is a two piece that’s meant specifically for my ACC chassis. I’m assuming theirs an AR15 compatible version?

Eric32

USAF
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 14, 2011
    Kentucky
    The metal spine can attached to the chassis via the screw.

ACC grip is 2 outer shells and a metal inner attachment point.

Reactions: JB.IC

Harry_19

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 11, 2019
    Southern Alberta
    im curious how you even got it to attach. The grip I have is a two piece that’s meant specifically for my ACC chassis. I’m assuming theirs an AR15 compatible version?
    The spine bolts right on to the chassis the same as it would for the ACC. I even put one on my Tikka Tac A1. For that I just had to get a metric bolt the same length as the SAE bolt that came with the MDT grip. Most chassis take AR 15 compatible grips.

PracticalTactical

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    May 13, 2019
    Oh wow... Cadex makes a bag rider!!!
    Got to get me one of those.
    I made mine from a QD Scope rail by sanding off the slots... (Farmerized)

Reactions: MPrimo

PracticalTactical

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    May 13, 2019
    Fuzzy cropped pic ...

How does the bag rider attach?

Remove the pic rail first maybe?

Looking at it on the web site, it does not fit to the pic rail directly.

Cadex Defence

Sergeant
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    How does the bag rider attach?

Remove the pic rail first maybe?

Looking at it on the web site, it does not fit to the pic rail directly.

Yes you have to remove the Picatinny rail first.

You choose the position you would like your ELR bag rider and you screw the two screws!

Let us know if you have more questions.

Nathalie Deslauriers
    Graphic Artist
    nathalie@cadexinc.com

JB.IC

Jackass of the Hide
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jan 25, 2019
    I got the XLR ergo vert grip in the other day and it feels like a wet dream on my cadex

TacticalPlinker

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 24, 2012
    New Cadex build . So I decided to build a factory rifle with a PROOF 20" carbon fiber Sendero in 6.5 Creedmoor. Just ordered the CDX-R7 action and DX2 two stage trigger. Dropping it into a Lite Competition.

How do you like the action as it gets worn in? Does it get smoother or does it stay the same?

~TP....

Attachments

• IMG_20210325_073934.png
      IMG_20210325_073934.png
      889.9 KB · Views: 58

Cadex Defence

Sergeant
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    New Cadex build . So I decided to build a factory rifle with a PROOF 20" carbon fiber Sendero in 6.5 Creedmoor. Just ordered the CDX-R7 action and DX2 two stage trigger. Dropping it into a Lite Competition.

How do you like the action as it gets worn in? Does it get smoother or does it stay the same?

~TP....

Are you new to a 50 degree action? it will take a few trips to the range to get used to it . Plus like all things new it will settle in. you have any pics of your build?

TacticalPlinker

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 24, 2012
    Are you new to a 50 degree action? it will take a few trips to the range to get used to it . Plus like all things new it will settle in. you have any pics of your build?
    I run a Tikka T3X presently so I'm "almost there" in bolt throw rotation 😉.
    As for pictures I'll post up when it's together.

Reactions: Cadex Defence

hasuchObe

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 24, 2017
    Based on the popularity of the new Barrett rifle. I feel like the Kraken is SUPER underrated. An absolute steal for anyone who wants to get into the quick-change barrel game (without having to re-zero each time you change the barrel!). The fact that it's such a looker too is an added bonus. Not specific to Kraken, but this video came out a while ago (it's in Russian but has English subs). It gives a fantastic breakdown of the attention to detail Cadex puts into their rifles.

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    Nice video even if in Russian and with subtitles. :)

The tear down was extensive, and well explained.

Based on the popularity of the new Barrett rifle. I feel like the Kraken is SUPER underrated. An absolute steal for anyone who wants to get into the quick-change barrel game (without having to re-zero each time you change the barrel!). The fact that it's such a looker too is an added bonus. Not specific to Kraken, but this video came out a while ago (it's in Russian but has English subs). It gives a fantastic breakdown of the attention to detail Cadex puts into their rifles.

Reactions: Cadex Defence

viking78

Private
    Minuteman
    Jul 6, 2011
    FINLAND
    www.youtube.com
    Nice video even if in Russian and with subtitles. :)

The tear down was extensive, and well explained.
    It is Ukraine that man is talking.
    Not Russian.
    And they are in WAR at the moment, even the Putin is not saying it so, but the Russian are in up in theyr ass on it.
    But Biden might end it soon.

Islas82

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Dec 18, 2019
    North Las Vegas
    Just got this last week. First shots today and I was very impressed with how the rifle felt and performed. Waiting on the cadex arca rail which is coming from Canada because I couldn’t find a retailer that had them in stock (yes, I checked euro optic) here so I threw on a area 419 rail that I had on my AR. I wasn’t sure about the trigger since I couldn’t get it under 2lbs but I liked it, it broke nice and crisp. Action was super smooth and the 50 degree throw wasn’t as hard to get used to as some people comment. I just wish there was a lil more weight to the rifle or a way to add some. Btw I ran MDT metal magazine's with zero issues, accurate mag is just too long.

Attachments

• 789FA3BE-A11B-454C-AF0D-D10E05D6D9EB.jpeg
      789FA3BE-A11B-454C-AF0D-D10E05D6D9EB.jpeg
      591.9 KB · Views: 52
    • 1671A70D-579B-428F-AFCD-090C395A38FE.jpeg
      1671A70D-579B-428F-AFCD-090C395A38FE.jpeg
      606.7 KB · Views: 50

Cadex Defence

Sergeant
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Just got this last week. First shots today and I was very impressed with how the rifle felt and performed. Waiting on the cadex arca rail which is coming from Canada because I couldn’t find a retailer that had them in stock (yes, I checked euro optic) here so I threw on a area 419 rail that I had on my AR. I wasn’t sure about the trigger since I couldn’t get it under 2lbs but I liked it, it broke nice and crisp. Action was super smooth and the 50 degree throw wasn’t as hard to get used to as some people comment. I just wish there was a lil more weight to the rifle or a way to add some. Btw I ran MDT metal magazine's with zero issues, accurate mag is just too long.
    I'm happy to let you know that we currently work on a new version of our M-LOK chassis weights and they will now fit in one slot. In other words, they will be compatible with the Strike Nuke! Stay tuned ;)

Reactions: Islas82

Lost_Phil

Works at a Unicorn Meat Packing Plant
    Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2020
    PA
    I have two Remingtion 700 actions that I am building, A short action in 308 and a Long Magnum in 300 Win Mag. Both builds will use Preferred Barrel Blanks pre-fits with barrel nuts (Remage Barrels) with a badger style recoil lug that is 0.250 thick. Will this type of action-barrel combo fit in the Strike Nuke Evo Stock and the Field Competition Chassis?

Mareshow

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 14, 2012

I have one in 6.5x47 Lapua and 300 norma for two years. Every barrel change I have ever done has repeated the exact same zeros with no shift whatsoever. Its a bulky rig but the consistency and 1/4 MOA or better accuracy is amazing.

Lost_Phil

Works at a Unicorn Meat Packing Plant
    Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2020
    PA
    I have two Remingtion 700 actions that I am building, A short action in 308 and a Long Magnum in 300 Win Mag. Both builds will use Preferred Barrel Blanks pre-fits with barrel nuts (Remage Barrels) with a badger style recoil lug that is 0.250 thick. Will this type of action-barrel combo fit in the Strike Nuke Evo Stock and the Field Competition Chassis?

After searching the forums, I answered my own question, Nuke with a Remage Barrel Nut. Even though it is a TL3 with an X-Caliber barrel, it is basically the same as what I am planning on building.

hasuchObe

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 24, 2017
    I have one in 6.5x47 Lapua and 300 norma for two years. Every barrel change I have ever done has repeated the exact same zeros with no shift whatsoever. Its a bulky rig but the consistency and 1/4 MOA or better accuracy is amazing.
    Nice, I'm hoping to get 1/4 moa out of mine. Will probably take some good reloads which I'm in the process of figuring out how to do. Still acquiring reloading gear..

Reactions: Mareshow

Mareshow

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 14, 2012
    Nice, I'm hoping to get 1/4 moa out of mine. Will probably take some good reloads which I'm in the process of figuring out how to do. Still acquiring reloading gear..
    I found mine actually quite picky when I did my load development, The results were awful until I found the one then it was like no other rifle. I suspect thats the barrel though. I've had a few cadex with exactly the same issue.

Long_Action

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jul 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Took a few hours of machining, but I was able to stuff an ER25 into a Cadex 1 piece mount. Fat Guy in a little coat, fat guy in a littttttttllllleee coooooaaaaaat!
    20210718_112944.jpg

Attachments

• 20210718_115836.jpg
      20210718_115836.jpg
      593 KB · Views: 95
    • 20210718_133009.jpg
      20210718_133009.jpg
      531.5 KB · Views: 97
    Last edited:

frank320

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2019
    Is the Terminator T6 brake more effective than the Cadex brake?
    I prefer to shoot my Tremor with the Terminator T6 brake. They both work very well, albeit slightly differently.
    The Cadex brake channels the gases angled backwards and upwards - which means the barrel is pulled forwards to reduce recoil and pushed lower to reduce muzzle rise.
    The Terminator brake channels the gases backwards only - which means the barrel is only pulled forwards to reduce recoil.

I generally prefer muzzle brakes that angle backwards/sideways only for precision shooting - minimize any external vertical forces.

In terms of recoil reduction, i don't have a rig to measure quantitatively. But if you put a gun to my head and ask me to choose the brake with the lower recoil, it will probably be the Terminator T6.

The T6 needs to be timed and Loctite, while the Cadex brake does not - that's another consideration.

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    This alone would do it for me. Cadex makes an excellent brake, distinctive and easily recognized. Stick with that. My Cadex rifles all have their brakes on them... 50 bmg, 408 Cheytac and lessor calibers. :)

The T6 needs to be timed and Loctite, while the Cadex brake does not - that's another consideration.

Last edited:

TacticalPlinker

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 24, 2012
    I often frequent EuroOptic. But recently I used Buckeye Tactical / Buckeye Optics for the purchase of my Lite Competition folder, R7 Short action and DX2 trigger. I had nothing but positive results with them.

brianf

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    kind of off topic

from the outside looking in...why isnt cadex more popular

i know the hide is a AI friendly site, but i dont even read about cadex in gun rags that much

anyone have info/ideas

not having one so its only opinion, but it seems like a nice piece of kit with more than enough options, accurate etc

thanks

griffin86

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 11, 2010
    kind of off topic

from the outside looking in...why isnt cadex more popular

i know the hide is a AI friendly site, but i dont even read about cadex in gun rags that much

anyone have info/ideas

not having one so its only opinion, but it seems like a nice piece of kit with more than enough options, accurate etc

thanks
    I think it might be an protectionism/anti-Canadian attitude. I’ve heard that an alphabet agency requested a rifle for their trials and I think it was allegedly sabotaged so it wouldn’t pass.

Their customer service is top notch, the rifles are accurate and beautiful. I can’t say enough good things about them.

I helped my local gunshop to order Cadex rifles in, so I get to inspect them all. I’ve been a Cadex owner for 5 years and now see the dealer side, I’m definitely impressed.

Reactions: brianf

TacticalPlinker

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 24, 2012
    IMO - Its the bolt throw. American PRS shooters and hunters are 80% in the 700 clone camp. The 20% left over is a mixture of AI and 3 luggers...

Reactions: brianf