• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Defence, flaunt it if you've got it!

Got the Cadex 300 PRC out for a late afternoon shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_20190529_170934.jpg
    IMG_20190529_170934.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 184
If and WHEN CADEX makes a smaller diameter forearm that lowers the Pic rail by 1/2" I might be interested.
Barrett gets it with their MRAD.
But CADEX STILL has not understood how badly their large forearm diameter screws up a decent cheek weld for prone position, adjustable comb notwithstanding.

I’m not following you... explain like I’m 5 y/o.

I’m not following you... explain like I’m 5 y/o.
They have a gap between the action and the rail as you can see in the picture. Unless you buy the comp chassis and drop your own action in.

Attachments

• 9E81778E-0D2A-4423-AED1-570DC517313D.jpeg
    9E81778E-0D2A-4423-AED1-570DC517313D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 334
They have a gap between the action and the rail as you can see in the picture. Unless you buy the comp chassis and drop your own action in.

Not sure what aftermarket action that is...

But a factory Cadex looks like this... and is super easy to get behind. Shot over a 100 rounds prone in the last day with it. I don't see an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20190531_170021.jpg
    IMG_20190531_170021.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 267
Not sure what aftermarket action that is...

But a factory Cadex looks like this... and is super easy to get behind. Shot over a 100 rounds prone in the last day with it. I don't see an issue.
I didn’t say there was an issue. I just used a random internet picture to show the guy what the previous guy was talking about.

Well, its Not completely Cadex, but it is a marriage of two Excellent Canadian chassis systems.
MDT meets Cadex, throw in a little magic from Chad at LRI.....

.338 Spectre with a home built F1 can. Bullet strike at 200 meters is louder than firing the weapon.

I’m just not getting the cheek-weld issue with the adjustable cheek piece.

If and WHEN CADEX makes a smaller diameter forearm that lowers the Pic rail by 1/2" I might be interested.
Barrett gets it with their MRAD.
But CADEX STILL has not understood how badly their large forearm diameter screws up a decent cheek weld for prone position, adjustable comb notwithstanding.

These guys at Cadex are actually a little ahead of the curve and you need to look closely to see how and where.

The height of the pic rail on a Cadex does not create a problem for cheek weld... It actually creates a benefit that you don't see yet.

Consider this....

The butt plate on a Cadex is higher relative to the bore. Or to put it another way... (from your perspective) is in correct relation to the higher pic rail...

By lowering the bore relative to the butt, it better controls the recoil and reduces muzzle jump.

My Cadex does not have a folder stock... my mistake... should have got the folding stock model, but its still ok.

The top of the butt plate is actually higher than the bore... or about even with the top of the action.

But since I do not have a folding stock, the high butt plate created a couple problems for me.

1) I needed to disassemble the butt to clean the barrel.
2) I could not bore sight the rifle by peeking though the barrel and comparing to the scope.

Guys without a folding stock normally bend the cleaning rod around the butt plate to clean the barrel... not what I think is a good way to go...

So my solution... I drilled a hole in my butt plate at the top of the vertical slot to allow bore sighting and access to the bore for a cleaning rod.

I did need to order a really long cleaning rod from Dewey though.

I then emailed a picture of this modification to Patrice at Cadex and he replied by telling me he likes the idea and would start putting a hole there in new rifles. So that was really cool.. a company who actually listens to user feedback.

Last edited:
Changed my TRG-42 to a Dual-Strike chassis last week, can't say enough good things about the craftsmanship, quality and ergonomics, It's among the highest quality products I have ever seen or bought, my only complaint is about the assembly instructions that could be a little more specific and deep, after assembling the stock I couldn't be happier.
One thing I didn't take into consideration is the increase in length and weight , it completely change the rifle

Swapped out my 3.6-18 for a 7-35, but I miscalculated just how much of a beast the scope is. So I milled in a relief for the bell. I’ll just need to take it to my cerakote guy to see if we can match the color, and try to get a replacement rail. I’m glad this happened though because I’d rather get the scope lower on the gun.

Love my new 6.5 PRC built by Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs! Cadex Defense Lite Competition chassis, Curtis Vector action, Bartlein Barrel, Huber Concepts two stage trigger and Area 419 hellfire brake!

Attachments

• 2F53978C-0A56-4DC4-9A00-E72453F49AE0.jpeg
    2F53978C-0A56-4DC4-9A00-E72453F49AE0.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 258
  • CC26A94B-D12C-4137-A762-1208F1F84E83.jpeg
    CC26A94B-D12C-4137-A762-1208F1F84E83.jpeg
    388.5 KB · Views: 250
For those running the R700 SA lite comp, what’s the length of the forend?

Didn’t see the forend specs listed anywhere. Trying to see what’s the min barrel length to clear.

Thanks.

Any of you guys know if cadex makes left hand actions? I have seen left hand chassis, but not a left hand action

Any of you guys know if cadex makes left hand actions? I have seen left hand chassis, but not a left hand action

In no way does this answer your question but I am guessing by the asking that you are left handed. I’m currently shooting the Cadex Kraken in .338 Lapua Magnum, .300 Win Mag and .308 Winchester. Due to a condition with my right eye (dominant) I have been forced to shoot left handed using my weak eye (left) for about the last 2 years. Surprisingly, after some getting used to it I now find it preferable, at least on a bolt gun, to right eye/right hand. I may be missing the point entirely or don’t know what I don’t know. But I find it completely intuitive to cycle the action with my strong hand (right) while keeping my trigger hand (left) where it belongs. The Kraken came with two combs, one for righties and one for lefties. I switched to the left handed comb and I honestly believe if my right eye suddenly healed itself I would still shoot left handed. I’m not the world’s best shooter, but I’m a good shooter and this works perfectly for me.

Reactions: Hobbitsniper22
In no way does this answer your question but I am guessing by the asking that you are left handed. I’m currently shooting the Cadex Kraken in .338 Lapua Magnum, .300 Win Mag and .308 Winchester. Due to a condition with my right eye (dominant) I have been forced to shoot left handed using my weak eye (left) for about the last 2 years. Surprisingly, after some getting used to it I now find it preferable, at least on a bolt gun, to right eye/right hand. I may be missing the point entirely or don’t know what I don’t know. But I find it completely intuitive to cycle the action with my strong hand (right) while keeping my trigger hand (left) where it belongs. The Kraken came with two combs, one for righties and one for lefties. I switched to the left handed comb and I honestly believe if my right eye suddenly healed itself I would still shoot left handed. I’m not the world’s best shooter, but I’m a good shooter and this works perfectly for me.
You're right I'm left handed. I've been shooting right hand actions my whole life, still have never shot a left hand action. I've contemplated teaching myself to shoot right handed, even doing some dry fire drills right handed, but after 25 some odd years of shooting left handed, it just feels so foreign. I figure if I'm going to buy a custom action, why not buy one that I can cycle properly and be comfortable behind

You're right I'm left handed. I've been shooting right hand actions my whole life, still have never shot a left hand action. I've contemplated teaching myself to shoot right handed, even doing some dry fire drills right handed, but after 25 some odd years of shooting left handed, it just feels so foreign. I figure if I'm going to buy a custom action, why not buy one that I can cycle properly and be comfortable behind

I’m left handed as well, and also have only shot right hand actions. I can shoot righty pretty easily as I learned both early. I’ve never shot a left handed action before.

Cadex Field Open Top chassis. KS Arms action. Bob Jury Custom barrel. Trigger-Tech trigger. EM Precision Shockwave brake. NF scope & rings. LRA bipod.

DSCN0066.jpg

DSCN0062.jpg

Oh yeah...it's a 6.5x47L stick.

Last edited:
^^^ That barrel profile looks serious... What is the diameter at the muzzle?

I just paid a boat load of extra dough for a Bartlien 223 1:7 barrel with a Cadex profile, flutes and all to mount on a Defiance Deviant Tactical action that's going into a Cadex Lite Competition Chassis. Should be a sweet rig.

In practical terms I probably would have been content with a barrel profile something like this ^ above.

I'm going to give it a try for PRS to see how I can capitalize on the low recoil. I know guys don't think much of a 223 for PRS, but realistically I don't think it will cost me many points. Might help if I can spot the hits and misses if anything.

Practical T.,
I like your solution for a cleaning rod hole in the butt pad. Ducedly clever and does not hurt a thing, just a bit of "custom lightening".

Boy I guess I hid a nerve when I noted my gripe about the Cadex forearm diameter. But Cadex does very high quality work, no one can doubt that. Still my own choice for a factory switch-barrel rifle is still Barrett's MRAD.

Eric B.

Reactions: PracticalTactical
Well Eric, you didn't hit a nerve with me, no hard feelings or anything with me anyway.

It was eluding toward the high scope in relation to the bore that I could not understand. I know a lot of guys out there go to great lengths to get the scope as low as possible to the bore and I could never understand the logic behind that whole way of thinking.

We have to adjust the scope for trajectory no matter how high or low the scope is and the low placement of the bore relative to the butt is beneficial to recoil management, I just thought it was a point that is worth pointing out.

Can anyone verify if a 338 LM or 338 AI will feed from a Cadex 375/408 mag? If a member has a CT mag w a 338 LM cartridge please post a pic.

Knowing that the Guardian action is an intermediate length, has anybody tried to run a 6br in it?

I was out at the farm shooting my Cadex yesterday and noted another benefit to the higher than usual scope rail...

Since it raises the scope it lowers the barrel in relation to the scope and that allowed me to shorten the legs on my bipod more than I would on other rifles and get a lower position, with my head at a comfortable level.

Shorter bipod legs = more stable firing position.

Do you notice anything unusual about my setup here?

Attachments

• Cadex Setup.jpg
    Cadex Setup.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 248
Reactions: TacticalPlinker
What is up with the restraining strap, Last time i saw something like that it was to help a guy with a shoulder injury.

What is up with the restraining strap, Last time i saw something like that it was to help a guy with a shoulder injury.

By strapping the rifle down, recoil is arrested fast enough so I can watch my bullets fly... I can spot the trace myself, so I can be my own spotter.

Coincidentally this started as a result of a shoulder injury… skiing accident. Even the recoil of an 9mm HK MP5 hurt at the time.

The rifle is chambered in 308 Winchester BTW.

I also have several bipods (that I made myself... not for sale BTW.) that do the same thing without the long strap, and they are legal for F Class.

Here's a link to a video that will explain the strap.

Last edited:
Reactions: CygnusX1
Dual Strike Chassis
RPA quad lug action
Broughton barrel
RPA brake and trigger

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Does anyone here have a Cadex Lite Comp for Surgeon 591 w AICS 3.055 nib they want to sell?

I have a mtu contour in mine. It’s 1.25 for the first 3 inches. Fits no problem. I believe cadex says 1.25 is the max size.
My field strike has 1.25” diameter barrel all the way to the muzzle. There is just shy of 1/8” clearance at the top of the hand guard.

I just picked up a Remington 700p (I couldn’t pass on the price) but the HS stock doesn’t fit me at all. I’m accurate with it, it just takes me more work. I was planning on replacing it with a Field Strike (Magpul stock) or a KRG X Ray.

Those that have the Cadex with a stock Rem 700. With the roller bedding Do you notice any accuracy or consistency improvements over a v block?

Edit:I dint read every single post so apologies in advance if it was answered.

Last edited:
Just picked up a Lite Competition for my TL3, trying to find out what people are using for a full ARCA rail for these?

Just picked up a Lite Competition for my TL3, trying to find out what people are using for a full ARCA rail for these?
Dose your new lite competition have the new Mlok fore-end? If it dose we are making an arca rail that fits perfectly. As for the original fore-end you should be able to pick up a universal rail from someone like Area 419 to make work.
let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers
Ryan

Dose your new lite competition have the new Mlok fore-end? If it dose we are making an arca rail that fits perfectly. As for the original fore-end you should be able to pick up a universal rail from someone like Area 419 to make work.
let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers
Ryan

Yes, my fore-end is M-LOK, do you have any idea when this will be ready. I ordered the small ARCA tripod adapter, it should be here soon.

I've been looking at getting a Lite Competition chassis and am intrigued by the product page saying that the magazine sleeves can be swapped out. Is there a way to purchase different sleeve sizes?

Yes, my fore-end is M-LOK, do you have any idea when this will be ready. I ordered the small ARCA tripod adapter, it should be here soon.
They are available now. You can order off the web site or through you local dealer. I put one on my rifle this week and it works great.

cheers
Ryan

Reactions: Rangerbob33
I've been looking at getting a Lite Competition chassis and am intrigued by the product page saying that the magazine sleeves can be swapped out. Is there a way to purchase different sleeve sizes?
yes you can purchase these separately it is really designed to accommodate the long action AICS mags on the market.

cheers
Ryan

yes you can purchase these separately it is really designed to accommodate the long action AICS mags on the market.

cheers
Ryan
Is there a specific part number on the website I should look for? It's interesting to me that you can purchase a lite competition in LA with a DSSF 3.055" magazine sleeve. If it would be possible to somehow have that mag sleeve with a SSSF 3.850" mag sleeve, the possibility to change bolts/barrels on a LA could result in such a flexible chassis that would be a "one gun to do it all". I know this is most likely not reasonable or possible, but would be fun if possible.

Edit: added what the product page shows to try and justify why this makes sense in my head.

Screenshot_20190914-172614_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190914-171838_Chrome.jpg