• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Defence, flaunt it if you've got it!

Here's Jake's new .375 Shadow!
Screenshot_20191006-153445~2.png

Have you tweaked the feed lips and or stretched the spring to give it a little more spring pressure?

Purchased a Cadex chassis for my Tac A1 several months back and this has been a problem from the beginning and I feel like I’ve read things in a negative way about the CTR style magazines. When I load the magazine into the chassis the first round always gets set in the chamber using the bolt, then usually the rounds after that the bolt face slides over top of it then I have to manipulate the magazine or the round by hand in order to get the bolt face to catch in order to insert the round into the chamber. Are there any tips or tricks for this? I’ll try to upload a video so you can see. Video didn’t work so I took screenshot of the bolt sliding past the round (not that you needed a visual)
Cadex actually makes 3 different mag configurations for the Tikka: AICS, Factory Tikka and CTR. Depending on what chassis you purchased you may have ordered the incorrect set up. Have you tried it with an AICS patterns mag?
If you want to send me the part number off the bill I will be able to confirm this for you. Email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Ryan

Got it fixed, just bent the spring as shown in the picture (found from a user on here on another forum) but was a great picture to “paint the picture “that I will screenshot. CTR mags (from a TacA1)
Perfect!
Might grab that screen shot as well.

Thanks
Ryan

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
Loving mine! Field Tactical Chassis with Stiller Tac300 in 6 Creedmoor with, spare PTG bolt and LA bottom metal to shoot 300win Mag. WTO SwitchLug with Criterion Barrels. Timney 40x flat trigger set to 1lb.

Attachments

• 78440BB6-4027-4F04-AB3B-537686D66547.jpeg
    78440BB6-4027-4F04-AB3B-537686D66547.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 317
Loving mine! Field Tactical Chassis with Stiller Tac300 in 6 Creedmoor with, spare PTG bolt and LA bottom metal to shoot 300win Mag. WTO SwitchLug with Criterion Barrels. Timney 40x flat trigger set to 1lb.
Looks nice, did you use the Cadex Arca rail or a different brand? Also what grip is that?

Perfect!
Might grab that screen shot as well.

Thanks
Ryan
I can’t Be sure or I am just being fooled by different angles pics but is the dual and light forend the same length? What would be the longest forend that has a top rail? Looks like maybe your production rifles have longer forends maybe? Im talking myself into a tikka build and have always wanted a cadex!

Yes it is hard to tell from some pictures b/c they are only a .5" difference in legth. the Dual strike is 10.5" and the Lite is 10". The big difference between these 2 is the diameter. The Dual can take up to a 1.800" barrel as the lite is up to a 1.350" barrel.

hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Ryan

V22 with Cadex Lite Competition chassis.
20" MTU barrel, Trigger Tech Diamond. Will upload more pics once it's all set it.

Attachments

• IMG_20191202_232115_01.jpg
    IMG_20191202_232115_01.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 235
Picked up a cadex CDX guardian in 6.5CM. I have always been am AI fanatic, but I think Cadex has converted me. This rifle is gorgeous. I have to say one of my favorite components I never see mentioned is that the folding stock has a buffer on it to prevent pinches and slams. Like a fancy cabinet door. Im wierd... I know. I hope I get to keep it, but I have too many rifles.

The woman on cover of the manual is pretty awesome as well :)

Picked up a cadex CDX guardian in 6.5CM. I have always been am AI fanatic, but I think Cadex has converted me. This rifle is gorgeous. I have to say one of my favorite components I never see mentioned is that the folding stock has a buffer on it to prevent pinches and slams. Like a fancy cabinet door. Im wierd... I know. I hope I get to keep it, but I have too many rifles.

The woman on cover of the manual is pretty awesome as well :)

AI are amazing rifles but I will say I like my Cadex rifles more. Easier to get behind for me and I like the ergos more. I'm really surprised actually they dont have more of a following.

Reactions: Cadex Defence
Purchased a Cadex chassis for my Tac A1 several months back and this has been a problem from the beginning and I feel like I’ve read things in a negative way about the CTR style magazines. When I load the magazine into the chassis the first round always gets set in the chamber using the bolt, then usually the rounds after that the bolt face slides over top of it then I have to manipulate the magazine or the round by hand in order to get the bolt face to catch in order to insert the round into the chamber. Are there any tips or tricks for this? I’ll try to upload a video so you can see. Video didn’t work so I took screenshot of the bolt sliding past the round (not that you needed a visual)

Get a Sako TRG 22 magazine, and all of those feeding troubles are vanished, for ever.
CTR/TAC A1 magazines are poor quality, follower spring is like a impotent guy d..k, too soft steel, or it is too thin.

• Haha
Cadex Sheepdog action. 6.5 PRC. 22" proof sendero 7.5 twist. Whiskey 3 folder. ZP5 3-15 MR2 in Arc mediums. Cadex DX2 trigger. TBAC Bipod. Spigot is on it's way still for the Whiskey3. Will wear my ultra 7 most of the time or the ultra 5 once that one gets approved. 156gr bergers with ADG brass. Well see how it does.

Attachments

• 20191206_171508.jpg
    20191206_171508.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 341
Cadex Sheepdog action. 6.5 PRC. 22" proof sendero 7.5 twist. Whiskey 3 folder. ZP5 3-15 MR2 in Arc mediums. Cadex DX2 trigger. TBAC Bipod. Spigot is on it's way still for the Whiskey3. Will wear my ultra 7 most of the time or the ultra 5 once that one gets approved. 156gr bergers with ADG brass. Well see how it does.

Great pairing. KRG W3 is my favorite chassis.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
Beautiful pics. I got my Pariot 338Lap Mag. I'm putting a 6.5 Creedmoor together now. i'll try and post pics when shes done.

Since tha barrel is now all the way in the habdguard, and it´s pritty much closed, that should not give much heat mirage to the scope.
But also not having much air vantilation, barrel might get quite hot fast?

I don’t think it will get hot any quicker. It will be run with a TBAC U7 with a mirage cover.

Reactions: viking78
Rifle is a Remington 40XC-KS. 223 Wylde.
Chassis is a closeout from Eurooptics swapped to the Magpul/SAPR combo. combo. Magazine is from MDT.
The SAPR isn't quite as tall as I'd like but it is workable. Magazine feeds okay but not great.
DSC_0072.JPG

Rifle is a Remington 40XC-KS. 223 Wylde.
Chassis is a closeout from Eurooptics swapped to the Magpul/SAPR combo. combo. Magazine is from MDT.
The SAPR isn't quite as tall as I'd like but it is workable. Magazine feeds okay but not great.View attachment 7200230
spoke with a friend about the 223 mag. he suggested drying some dry lube spray. if that dose not work he suggested warrantying it.
cheers
Ryan

RFI

I'm trying to zero in on the material used on top of the cheek rest..... It's a softer stick or glued on material.... Looking to get more of that for my other rifles....

Any insights on what is used by cadex or alternative options would be appreciated

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20191208-191830_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191208-191830_Samsung Internet.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 109
spoke with a friend about the 223 mag. he suggested drying some dry lube spray. if that dose not work he suggested warrantying it.
cheers
Ryan
I have only had it together for about a day so I feel like I need to run more rounds through it before I can say whether the mag
is an issue.

Last edited:
The Cadex team would like to wish a merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of our faithful customers!
Our new 2020 catalog is finally here! Perfect timing to browse while taking some time to yourself.
We wish you all the best!
http://www.cadexdefence.com/media/
No photo description available.
Cheers
Ryan

How do you guys like Cadex actions vs AI, Surgeons and Defiance. Thinking about a AI or Cadex vs another custom.

I have an AXMC and Cadex Shadow. The Cadex compares very well to the AI. Both are very smooth. For me the mark of a good action is you never think about it when you are shooting.

Cadex action is similar in feel to my Bighorns, but not like the AI. Not that I necessarily prefer one to the other, but AI’s just have a different feel to them.

Last edited:
How do you guys like Cadex actions vs AI, Surgeons and Defiance. Thinking about a AI or Cadex vs another custom.

The Cadex offerings are nice actions. The CDX-30s in Both LA and SA in factory guns I had to break them in a bit. Something I didnt have to do with AI. But overall great stuff. The CDX-40 Shadow action is super smooth with limited rounds on it. The cadex R7 actions I have are really nice too. If only basing the choice on an action, it's hard to argue against the AI, But everything has its pros and cons.

Reactions: BCX
The Cadex offerings are nice actions. The CDX-30s in Both LA and SA in factory guns I had to break them in a bit. Something I didnt have to do with AI. But overall great stuff. The CDX-40 Shadow action is super smooth with limited rounds on it. The cadex R7 actions I have are really nice too. If only basing the choice on an action, it's hard to argue against the AI, But everything has its pros and cons.
Can you run AW/AX338 in the Cadex rifles?

So a few questions...First does anyone run a ultimatum deadline action in their Cadex chassis or know if they offer a chassis to accommodate? What are the main differences between the lite strike and lite competition? Thinking about starting a 6.5 PRC build

So a few questions...First does anyone run a ultimatum deadline action in their Cadex chassis or know if they offer a chassis to accommodate? What are the main differences between the lite strike and lite competition? Thinking about starting a 6.5 PRC build

Lite strike has the quick adjust stock, and a shorter, larger diameter hand guard.

Lite comp has a skeleton stock, and a longer, thinner diameter hand guard.

Last edited: