• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Calling ATF to check on Form 4

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I submitted a form 4 to transfer a suppressor. How do I call and check on the status of the submission? Do I simply call the ATF and ask for whoever is handling my states submissions or what?

All help is appreciated as this is my first form 4 submission.

Re: Calling ATF to check on Form 4

Call the NFA branch.
Tell whomever answers that you want to check the status of a Form4.

Have the serial number and your name as it appears on the form.

Don't bother calling for the first 3 months after they cash the check.

And keep in mind that each time you call your forms get put to the back of the list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And keep in mind that each time you call your forms get put to the back of the list. </div></div>

Actually I heard that if you call a bunch they will get tired of hearing from you and will push it through just to get rid of you...kinda the squeeky wheel gets the oil idea
grin.gif

i called them frequently, twice a month or so , and it took about two months to get it done all the way

sometimes they answer , and others they don't , my best time to get through was about 5pm central time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: banshee sws</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i called them frequently, twice a month or so , and it took about two months to get it done all the way

sometimes they answer , and others they don't , my best time to get through was about 5pm central time

</div></div>

Okay, this is really weird, because I just called them and their hours are 7am-5pm Eastern time....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And keep in mind that each time you call your forms get put to the back of the list. </div></div>

Actually I heard that if you call a bunch they will get tired of hearing from you and will push it through just to get rid of you...kinda the squeeky wheel gets the oil idea
grin.gif
</div></div>

Just being a Smart Ass,but I had an employee once tell me that the "Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease", I informed him that it sometimes gets replaced.Just something to keep in mind.