• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carbon Wrapped Wilson Barrel Blanks?

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Anyone used these? I've read and seen some impressive results for the money on wilson barrels from a good friend of mine whom I trust. Seeing as Cooper owns Wilson barrels I have no doubt they'll shoot. I'm curious if anyone has used the raggedholed carbon wrapped wilson barrels though? We have a 700 KS Custom in 300wby that I'm going to rechamber in 7PRC since it is collecting dust and am wanting to keep it light weight without going pencil thin so it's still a decent suppressor host.

1704387076552.png

1704387090504.png

Well I recently tested these SS Wilson barrels in 6BR and was a tack driver on my tl3...

• Love
    Reactions: 5RWill
    Well I recently tested these SS Wilson barrels in 6BR and was a tack driver on my tl3...

Buddy of mine who’s a hider also has had great success with them. Which has me sold just not sure how the carbon fiber performs. Granted my proof and Carbonsix have been fine but this would be thinner for a CF wrapped barrel

With the price of proofs on sale and in the forums. Is there any real savings?

With the price of proofs on sale and in the forums. Is there any real savings?
    Probably not i saw some proofs for $600 but the issue for me is fitting a CF into this browns precision stock on our 700 KS custom. Which is an ultralight build. #4 will be pushing it. John at ragedholes says the carbon fiber barrels are nearly a 1 to 1 contour match.

Probably not i saw some proofs for $600 but the issue for me is fitting a CF into this browns precision stock on our 700 KS custom. Which is an ultralight build. #4 will be pushing it. John at ragedholes says the carbon fiber barrels are nearly a 1 to 1 contour match.
    that’s sweet. Wish he ran some sales

I had less than steller results with the proof ss barrel I tested a while back. This Wilson shot measurably better... 🤷‍♂️
    Agree. Proof seems to be hit or miss lately. I’ve had some great barrels and some meh barrels

So after talking to Brown's precision that stock can't be opened up without getting into the foam shell. I pivoted changed it to a #4 6.5mm for finish at 22" and am having LRI open up my Sako 85 bolt face to fit a 6.5 SAUM, and will rebarrel my Sako 85 to 6.5 SAUM. So i should be getting it sooner rather than later.

For the 7 PRC I'm going to have to sell the Brown's precision stock and pick up a Manners UC and then likely a bartlein #4 for finish at 23".