• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carhartt/Duluth Alternatives

PBWalsh

Preston Walsh Fitness
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Central AL
So with Carhartt now enforcing mandates and Duluth requiring weekly testing for the unvaccinated, I’d like to take future purchases elsewhere.

What are some alternatives to these companies? I’ve considered my Carhartt stuff my most durable clothing that ain’t too expensive.

Anything similar (pants, jackets, beanies, etc.)?

Reactions: Generations
So with Carhartt now enforcing mandates and Duluth requiring weekly testing for the unvaccinated, I’d like to take future purchases elsewhere.

What are some alternatives to these companies? I’ve considered my Carhartt stuff my most durable clothing that ain’t too expensive.

Dickies

Reactions: Jarrett M

Key

Depends where you live but tractor supply type stores sometimes have their own in house or knock off brand thats comparable to Carhart. Here in ID we have a store called D&B supply that sells Berne. I find it to actually be better.

No idea on their politcal stance.

I’ve been wearing the same five pairs of true spec tactical pants for four years
On like rotation? Do you ever wear non-tactical pants?

Fortunately I have a ton of old Carhartt and Dickies that I don't wear all the time and will probably outlive me, so there's that.

Love that Berne makes concealed carry workwear, even though it doesn't look like it's for me... That looks like the perfect substitute if you're boycotting. Can't imagine they're too woke making concealment work wear.

Harder to wear out than Carhart haha

man-wearing-barrel-9507755.jpg

On like rotation? Do you ever wear non-tactical pants?

Fortunately I have a ton of old Carhartt and Dickies that I don't wear all the time and will probably outlive me, so there's that.

Love that Berne makes concealed carry workwear, even though it doesn't look like it's for me... That looks like the perfect substitute if you're boycotting. Can't imagine they're too woke making concealment work wear.
I don't wear anything but tactical pants.

I work in a quasi-trade/quasi-profession in Industrial Safety, so I have kind of a uniform of sorts. Tru-Spec pants, polo shirt and work boots. Every working day. I rarely wear jeans (I am a 13MWZ Wrangler guy, but not very often).

These are the two models of Tru-Specs I wear.

I don't like these as much as they look like German trash collector pants at least in the Green/Black color that I have. They are also too loud to hunt in. When it is hot you can open up the sides for more ventilation. I have two pairs or these, they are much more snug feeling which is ok, as they are more operational than garrison like the following ones.

https://tacticalgear.com/tru-spec-24-7-series-ascent-tactical-pants-ranger-green I wear these pretty much every day. I have 4 or 5 pairs, I haven't replaced a pair in a long time. They feel like a flight suit I wore on active duty. We live in a really dry climate and they are wonderful.

I've got a couple of Dickies jackets that I bought as end-of-season closeouts for use as shop throwaways (don't want to change a diesel fuel filter in my dress Carhartt) and they're... fine. I have no idea about their corporate politics. I do suspect that the factory in China where these these jackets were made was not a shining example of liberty.

I don't think I am rich enough to buy American made clothes.

Went to a hunting show pre-covid and they had some new American made brand I don't remember the name of, with knock off camo pattern that sucked and wasn't open enough to work on it.

They wanted $280 for basic pants, and $400-650 for the jacket.

Guy was former scroll or something can't remember.

for that same $700 I can get enough of what I need from Kuiu, First Lite, or half a dozen other dudes for the entire trip.

Yeah I gotcha nice to support the American working man, but fuck I don't need to put $3000 on a card to buy enough shit for an elk hunt.

Not tactical but for workwear, LC King makes good stuff. Really like the jeans Ive gotten from them. Origin (linked above) is nice too and I think mine came in a little under the lead time esitmate when I placed the order.

Depends where you live but tractor supply type stores sometimes have their own in house or knock off brand thats comparable to Carhart. Here in ID we have a store called D&B supply that sells Berne. I find it to actually be better.

Thanks for the link!

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
Not tactical but for workwear, LC King makes good stuff. Really like the jeans Ive gotten from them. Origin (linked above) is nice too and I think mine came in a little under the lead time esitmate when I placed the order.
Yeah I’m not looking for a “tactical” pant, just sturdy pants that aint blue (so brown, black, green, tan/khaki, etc.).

I was just eyeballing LC King for this same reason.

Also, Roundhouse.

Last edited:

PeavyMart in Canada carries Berne too. They have some better pocket setups than Carhartt. Softer material too.

Reactions: Sandhog308
shopping
if the naked idea was not your cup of tea maybe banana leaves or sod either are all natural inexpensive and could be up your alley , it could double as ground cover when shooting like a wearable shooting mat and make a wonderful gift idea and not made in a Chinese's factory but in your own back yard .

They have a "concealed carry" jacket, that's a good sign.

Reactions: IronicTwitch
So testing your workers, is cause for boycotting now???
If I had to choose, sure I’d go Duluth over Carhartt. That said, if I can find a company who respects their employee’s private medical decisions, I will.

And yeah I know, if I knew what EVERY companies policies were, I wouldn’t buy anything. I get that. When I have a chance to place my money on certain products, the company behind that product matters to me.

If you want to buy Duluth, go ahead, I’m sure they make great clothes at reasonable prices. I am just trying to find decent alternatives.

Kuhl clothing is amazing. Their pants are gusseted which makes them ridiculously comfortable with a great range of movement and everything has a lifetime warranty. The kanvus Jean and Ryder and probably some others is what you’d want for a work pant. I’ve got some kanvus jeans that are as much as 10 years old that I’ve worn and washed hundreds of times and are still holding up. For work wear type jackets anything with the waxed canvas is going to be a super tough finish. I’ve got the burr jacket and vest and really like them.

Reactions: PBWalsh
If I had to choose, sure I’d go Duluth over Carhartt. That said, if I can find a company who respects their employee’s private medical decisions, I will.

And yeah I know, if I knew what EVERY companies policies were, I wouldn’t buy anything. I get that. When I have a chance to place my money on certain products, the company behind that product matters to me.

If you want to buy Duluth, go ahead, I’m sure they make great clothes at reasonable prices. I am just trying to find decent alternatives.
I’m not trying to change anyones mind. I’m actually curious. I get the stance on vax mandates (even though I decided to get vaxed). I don’t think these vax mandates are right at all.

Having said that, I’m wondering what it is exactly about these testing mandate that is offensive. Are they supplying them no charge? Giving paid leave? How invasive is the test, just a cheek or nose swab?

By contrast most folks don’t boycott over mandatory drug testing. Is this really that different?

Testing has always seemed to me to be the one thing we (the government) really dropped the ball on.

Is there a point at which we have let the cultural war overshadow this thing so badly that anything that is done, is bad? I’ve always been pissed off at the waitress during flu season that tells your house sick she is while she’s taking your order. No wonder the flu goes around like wildfire. People working while sick.

I buy motorcycle carburetors for my business from Mikuni America. I have been unable to sell any for months due to the supply chain and no carbs at Mikuni. Now Mikuni has carbs but they are down to one warehouse worker because everyone is out with COVID. It seems to me that perhaps they (and me, and my frustrated customers) would have benefitted from a testing program……

Again I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind. Just trying to understand the reasoning here.

@Max Fair point about drug testing, I’ll say that.

And while I am unvaccinated, I support someone if they want the vaccination, totally their choice - as it should be.

I know I’d be pretty pissed if my job made me get a nose swab on a weekly basis. Fortunately we haven’t had to do that, yet.

Of course I kinda want to go to my local(ish) Duluth store here in Alabama and see if its a discretionary policy or not.

Reactions: TACC and Holliday
I’m going to try some work pants from Roundhouse. American made and the price is very comparable to carhartt

It seems to me that perhaps they (and me, and my frustrated customers) would have benefitted from a testing program……
Why do you think testing would have benefitted? they need to test everyone, not just unvaccinated if they want to be safe. Otherwise, its all fir show.

I’m going to try some work pants from Roundhouse. American made and the price is very comparable to carhartt
I grew up wearing Roundhouse overalls. They are most definitely a heritage, made in the USA workwear company. Let’s not even talk about the fact that most Carhartt stuff hasn’t been made in the USA in a long time.

I’m not trying to change anyones mind. I’m actually curious. I get the stance on vax mandates (even though I decided to get vaxed). I don’t think these vax mandates are right at all.

Having said that, I’m wondering what it is exactly about these testing mandate that is offensive. Are they supplying them no charge? Giving paid leave? How invasive is the test, just a cheek or nose swab?

By contrast most folks don’t boycott over mandatory drug testing. Is this really that different?

Testing has always seemed to me to be the one thing we (the government) really dropped the ball on.

Is there a point at which we have let the cultural war overshadow this thing so badly that anything that is done, is bad? I’ve always been pissed off at the waitress during flu season that tells your house sick she is while she’s taking your order. No wonder the flu goes around like wildfire. People working while sick.

I buy motorcycle carburetors for my business from Mikuni America. I have been unable to sell any for months due to the supply chain and no carbs at Mikuni. Now Mikuni has carbs but they are down to one warehouse worker because everyone is out with COVID. It seems to me that perhaps they (and me, and my frustrated customers) would have benefitted from a testing program……

Again I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind. Just trying to understand the reasoning here.
Does mikuni only have two warehouse workers? Saying all the work force is out with covid can also be expressed as “all the workforce will be back in 7 days”. A blip for sure but not months of backlog.

Why do you think testing would have benefitted? they need to test everyone, not just unvaccinated if they want to be safe. Otherwise, its all fir show.

I’m sorry english is not your first language. I will try to write in smaller words.

As far as companies testing just unvaccinated, yea that is stupid.

So THAT is your sticking point? They’re not testing enough people. Ok, got it…..

Does mikuni only have two warehouse workers? Saying all the work force is out with covid can also be expressed as “all the workforce will be back in 7 days”. A blip for sure but not months of backlog.
Judas priest. I am not here to teach an epidemiology class. For fuck sake sometimes the IQs around here scare me.

I’m sorry english is not your first language. I will try to write in smaller words.

As far as companies testing just unvaccinated, yea that is stupid.

So THAT is your sticking point? They’re not testing enough people. Ok, got it…..

Stupid isnt my first language dipshit.

Not my sticking point, just doesnt make sense to just test unvaccinated only.

You’
Judas priest. I am not here to teach an epidemiology class. For fuck sake sometimes the IQs around here scare me.
You’ve been telling the mikuni story on the hide for weeks and weeks. At some point you’d think it would make its way through the place. Sounds like they're bullshitting you.

Really sucks hearing about Carhartt. I’ve owned multiple Dickies, Kuhles, etc and they’ve just not held up to construction use like my Carhartts have. I’d like to have a running list of companies that I can support.

Has anyone tried Prison Blues? Assuming they are made in America by Americans, sort of. Might constitute slave labor?
Haha

Reactions: Average guy
Can attest to Berne clothing, love their bibs, vests and jackets. same quality as Carhartt, 1/2 the price, and you won't see some woke - gay fuck wearing their stuff.
I found this thread looking for summer work pants. I joined this forum solely to ask, how fragile can you be to protest a clothing company because another human different than you wears it? Is your masculinity that hurt? Good clothes are good. Who gives a jolly fuck who else wears them. I bet you don't have a goddamn spec of American made anything on your person as I reply to this, do you?

Happy to revive an old thread. Cheers.

I found this thread looking for summer work pants. I joined this forum solely to ask, how fragile can you be to protest a clothing company because another human different than you wears it? Is your masculinity that hurt? Good clothes are good. Who gives a jolly fuck who else wears them. I bet you don't have a goddamn spec of American made anything on your person as I reply to this, do you?

Welcome to the Hide.

Was this your first post?

You people of the Commonwealth make the 4th of July better at every chance .

• Haha
Reactions: rookie7

This didn’t age well…

I did buy a few items from Berne after seeing them mentioned in this thread. They do a nice mil/le discount and the pants/shorts are nicely done. The lightweight ripstop reminds me of the old summer BDUs material, light and comfortable. The discount fought with a free tshirt promo and when I called them a gringo answered the phone and got it done. I was impressed.

Did your lover tear your boy pussy again?

Don't do business with companies that don't align with your values.

Treating Covid as if it was a mortal threat to mankind as a whole was a gigantic scam. I still see stupid people walking around/driving around in masks either because they're still afraid or want to virtue signal that they didn't vote for Donny T.

It didn't take an expert to realize it wasn't a serious condition for the vast majority of people who got it. Less than 1% mortality rate, if you were at risk because of stupid health choices you likely made, well you had it coming. You can't help being old, but you can help being fat.

Being fat is an addiction to food. It's you stuffing food in your face like an idiot. It's not your thyroid, when you can break the laws of thermodynamics, please show me your Nobel prize. Even that's been wokeified.

The high risks groups were identified early on.

The media ran with the mortal threat narrative and it terrorized people.

Almost half of blue people according to a survey believed that a positive covid test would result in a 50% chance of hospitalization . I'm sorry to say in that same survey, more than a quarter of red people in that same survey believed the same thing. https://www.brookings.edu/articles/how-misinformation-is-distorting-covid-policies-and-behaviors/

If you supported any of the covid lockdown stuff you were/are uninformed and stupid.

Getting the stick should've been a personal health choice. Never a government/employer health mandate.

Maybe you could've made an argument for a mandate had this affliction had a 5% or more mortality rate, but short of that, no.

Maybe an argument could have been made that it was better to err on the side of caution. Basically shutting down the country and spending trillions seems a little overboard. You can only cry wolf so many times before people stop listening.

@absen7e I don't want to be associated with woke authoritarian crap. I don't care what people do in the privacy of their homes, as soon it involves me, my children, in our schools, taxpayer funds, preferntial treatment, it becomes a problem. Being an alphabet person doesn't make you special because you're born that way right? The only thing that makes you special is the decisions and accomplishments you've made in life.

Bud Light never made anyone a transvestite. But,…the people who seek to normalize this and demand we cheer it or get canceled are the real authoritarians who brought this on a “frat boy” beer brand. Telling us we shouldn’t pick and choose products based on their support of totalitarian leftists is tantamount to saying shut up and watch your culture go down the tubes. Most of the time boycotts don’t work because publicity is publicity. They really only work when the company directly attacks their main demographic, like InBev did.