• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Catfishing at Texoma Lake

GreyShirts

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
Oklahoma
My nephew caught this a couple of weeks ago at lake texoma on the oklahoma side at 1am or so. The next day my daughter out fished me, my father-in-law, and nephew on a guided striper trip. She was responsible for 50% of the fish that we took home.

23# blue cat caught on rod/reel with cut bait. Crappy cell picture:
316wylw.jpg

This is a better picture:
2djqnuq.jpg

Took about 20mins to land on dock. We turned her back, she was full of eggs. We couldn't believe the line didn't break. When he set the hook she was about 15-20yrds out. Then the fish ran straight at the dock and out the other side stripping off over 25yrds of line before she stopped swimming and got tired. After she tired out we eased her back, walked her down the dock, and I grabbed her out of the water before she took off again.

Re: Catfishing at Texoma Lake

I love that lake, used to go for a week or 2 every summer till the place we stayed at closed.

Very nice brother! Now on to the deep fried batter.

Good job man. The fishing has definitely been picking up out there especially at night! Very glad for you and him!

Man those big blues like that have some teeth on them. They can turn a hand to hamburger meat.

Congrats! Id trade every trout in Wyo for more catfish. Thanks for sharing these!

Justin