• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CCI APS strip primers discontinued??

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
I use a APS strip primer… love the system.

But seems I can’t buy primers “in” strips any more? I can put loose primers in strips…. But it’s another step and is time-consuming bs buying in strips.

Anyone know if they are just in short supply or did CCI drop the system???

Sirhr

They used to sell at the same price or very close, with extra materials and larger shipped size. With primers still not exactly flooding the market, can’t imagine why they’d bother anytime soon.

And I only use APS strips, so it’s definitely a bummer, but charging the strips is by no means the largest time sink in my loading process.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
They used to sell at the same price or very close, with extra materials and larger shipped size. With primers still not exactly flooding the market, can’t imagine why they’d bother anytime soon.

And I only use APS strips, so it’s definitely a bummer, but charging the strips is by no means the largest time sink in my loading process.
You save time overall... so... yeah... not the worst thing. But still would be nice to buy in strips!

I can't imagine the strips cost more than the plastic trays. So... was probably a net positive for them.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: KnowNothing256