• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing CDI bm and older Savage 110--Update

Texgal_338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2005
north of Las Vegas
recently installed the CDI BM on my pre-accutrigger M110 Savage 300WM

here's where i had to mill the action

here's views of it inlet

here's a view of interior

feeds using a dummy on the workbench; waiting on a range day

Update
Took it to the range, worked great. No binding.

Re: CDI bm and older Savage 110

i wish my wife could do that.....

who am I kidding, I wish I could do that!

TG338

whats the dimensions of those cuts? i have a couple 110 actions in the safe.

thanks

ETA: do you have Higher resolution pictures? if so could you email them to me? thanks again

i just have a dial mic, not a digital; that said

cut the front pillar to .400" and the rear to .872"; didn't measure everything though.

had to trim the front screw to .745 and the rear to 1.555; this does NOT include the screw head

I congratulate you TG on your job and commend you for your desire and determination to tackle projects like this!!!

With that said though, damn woman you sure know how to denut and drain the testosterone from all the 10 thumbed guys that frequent this forum
wink.gif
90+% of them don't have the determination nor courage to tackle jobs like this.lol

You're like me as far as learning, always figured if it didn't kill me and cost less than a couple hundred bucks I was willing to try it once for sure
smile.gif