• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing CDI Detachable Mag System

Re: CDI Detachable Mag System

My B&C stock has the alum/block. I watched Jeff set it up and
inletted the stock. Would not want to attempt this on my own.

Send it to Jeff and let him inlet to stock. Best money you will
spend. No headaches.

Regards

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stockdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree since the instructions that come with it are not that great. Good product tho. </div></div>whats wrong with the instructions? I found them to be more than adequate. And Jeff is a great guy and makes a great product.

+1 Jeff also has great customer service! I think I'd also be inclined to send it to him....or at the very least somebody that knows what the heck they are doing and has the proper equipment to do this job. Well I guess if you didn't mind an ugly stock or just simply replacing it and then paying someone else to do it, if you mess it up!

Nothing new to say. Just agreeing with those that said send it to Jeff. I had mine back in about a week and Jeff is a hoot to talk to. He and I got to jawing on the phone and had a ball.

Not trying to steer you away from sending it to Jeff, but you can always do it yourself with a Dremel and the right bits. Just go slow and take your time, it is not really hard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to steer you away from sending it to Jeff, but you can always do it yourself with a Dremel and the right bits. Just go slow and take your time, it is not really hard. </div></div>
Could you please post some pictures of this? Also what kind of bits worked well for you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to steer you away from sending it to Jeff, but you can always do it yourself with a Dremel and the right bits. Just go slow and take your time, it is not really hard. </div></div>

If this were an all fiberglass stock like a McMillan, I would agree. But, since this will require cutting into the aluminum, it should be done on a mill for the best outcome IMHO. Jeff does nice work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to steer you away from sending it to Jeff, but you can always do it yourself with a Dremel and the right bits. Just go slow and take your time, it is not really hard. </div></div>

If this were an all fiberglass stock like a McMillan, I would agree. But, since this will require cutting into the aluminum, it should be done on a mill for the best outcome IMHO. Jeff does nice work. </div></div>
That is what I was wondering, I always hear people say they use their dremel to do it but a mill just works nice and clean. I would like to see if anyone has the skill to actually make it look nice with a dremel going through an aluminum block
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to steer you away from sending it to Jeff, but you can always do it yourself with a Dremel and the right bits. Just go slow and take your time, it is not really hard. </div></div>

If this were an all fiberglass stock like a McMillan, I would agree. But, since this will require cutting into the aluminum, it should be done on a mill for the best outcome IMHO. Jeff does nice work. </div></div>
That is what I was wondering, I always hear people say
they use their dremel to do it but a mill just works nice and clean. I would like to see if anyone has the skill to actually make it look nice with a dremel going through an aluminum block
smile.gif
</div></div>

Correct, it would be a little more difficult, but can be done. Then just bed it when you are done, for a very clean look. But a mill would be best, luckly for me, my buddy down the road has his set up now.