• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ced m2 problems

tyler sparkman

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2010
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
I'm having problems with it reading supersonic bullets thought maybe a sensor was bad but today i shot 208 grain sub-sonic through it and it recorded every shot. The shot some 35 grain 22-250 through it and its showing an error. Any help would be great. Weather was mostly sunny and it's been doing it a while

This review was on the Midway page for the CED. You might try this.

" Hi I don't have one of these chronographs, but I do have a chronograph of another brand. I notice that a lot of the people writing negative reviews of this product say it's very finicky in bright sunlight. My chronograph instructions said that on bright days the light reflected from the ground can keep the bullet from casting a shadow, which is what the sensor detects to start and stop the timer. The instructions for mine said to avoid this by blackening the bullet in from of the casing. I keep a black Magic Marker in my chronograph case for this. I live in Wisconsin and sunny days in winter would have a similar result with error readings or no reading at all without the blacking of the bullet. With the coloring of the bullet the problem is completely or nearly completely solved."

You are probably already aware of the need for this, but as best as possible, i always tried to shoot on sunny days, for sure with no clouds obscuring the sun at all. Also, i had to make sure that the chrono was level with the bore of my barrel. I was getting the bullet within 3 inches of the first sensor, but not the rear sensor. I am not sure that is what your problem is, i just wanted to make sure to throw those out in case that might help you work towards eliminating all variables that could cause problems.

This review was on the Midway page for the CED. You might try this.

" Hi I don't have one of these chronographs, but I do have a chronograph of another brand. I notice that a lot of the people writing negative reviews of this product say it's very finicky in bright sunlight. My chronograph instructions said that on bright days the light reflected from the ground can keep the bullet from casting a shadow, which is what the sensor detects to start and stop the timer. The instructions for mine said to avoid this by blackening the bullet in from of the casing. I keep a black Magic Marker in my chronograph case for this. I live in Wisconsin and sunny days in winter would have a similar result with error readings or no reading at all without the blacking of the bullet. With the coloring of the bullet the problem is completely or nearly completely solved."

I've done this and it works. I now keep a black Sharpie in my range bag. FWIW I have only had to do this once with my CED M2

Thanks for the inputs. It worked great for a while and then one day it just started throwing errors. Thought maybe a bad sensor so I tried a new battery and had some subsonic blackout handy and it worked great. Then tried the 22-250 and then error I wouldn't have thought I'd need to paint the bullets but I guess I'll try it and get a magneto speed down the road