• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

+ Celia Langelius RIP

I'm so sorry for your tremendous loss Greg. What an incredible special bond you two must have. 52 years is such a long time, and in this day and age it's very rare. We do not weep as the world weeps if we know Jesus Christ, and I hope that the promise of seeing her again brings you some kind of minimal peace. Me and mine will certainly being praying for you.

I am deeply sorry to hear this Greg. You have had your problems healthwise, I didn't realize your poor bride was dealing with something so bad as well. God Bless you, and comfort you and your family. Cherish the time you had together. My thoughts and our hearts are with you, here in our household.

Reactions: wildcats
God has blessed you and your wife with a life time together and a family to show the fruit of your marriage. May God continue to bless and comfort you and your family during this time. Take much comfort n the fact that you will see her again. God Bless.

Greg, I'm sorry for the loss of the love of your life. In God's time you will be rejoined in Heaven. Know that your family loves and needs you now more than ever. Also that you have friends here on "The Hide" that you didn't know you had and want to continue to hear from you.

Greg,
My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family.
To read you talk of her she must have been a wonderful person. May she rest in peace.
Nate

It's been a hectic few days.

She went so quickly, it's surreal. Saturday, we were setting up a nursing home. Sunday, she had gone incoherent; and they were telling me, this was it. I think even they had no real idea how quickly it all was happening. It's a cold comfort, but thankfully, she endured very little discomfort.

We've been working together, the whole family is here. We got that part right.

They took the most part of the load off me, and we've made tremendous progress in those things we never anticipate fully. Celia had also been our 'financial director', and made preparation over the past two years that have about 95% of the day to day expenses on an auto-pay system. That had been my greatest fear, and now; it's mostly in the rear view. She also taught our Granddaughter Elena how to watch over it and she's fiercely committed to it all. I think we're OK.

It looks like life is going to be as good as it can be, but, of course, there's huge hole in my heart where she had been, protecting me, guiding me, scolding me, keeping me on the straight path. She cannot be replaced.

I'm coping fairly well; but it's still a devastation. This, too, shall pass.

May we all have a helpmate like she's been, and a family as supportive as mine is.

I sincerely believe that this is a wake-up call for all of us; that we may grasp this moment to cling even closer to our loved ones, and be aware of just how fragile our lives, our real lives, personal and private, really are. Don't miss out on that.

Additionally, the depth and volume of your wonderful condolences are lifting me up. The past three days, there has been a sense of fear in the pit of my stomach; looking out over a future that does not include Celia at my side. Reading your messages are a balm that I wish to return to you in kind.

You are all, all of you, treasured.

Thank you all.

Greg Langelius

The experiences and memories shared from over a half century of marriage are memories you will cherish until your number is up and then you both will be together again for eternity and you both can smile down on the family you created and the memories passed along. God bless.

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Its bitter sweet farewell when we part ways from this life, but take comfort in the lord that he will rejoin you. Grace is beautiful thing.

Damn😔 I am so sorry to hear this Greg. Prayers for you and your family, we all can only wish for as many wonderful years as it sounds like you and your wife had.

Reactions: wildcats and lash
Very sorry for your loss Greg, I pray the lord will lift you and your family up and heal your hearts.

IMG_9627.jpg

This came into my view when a close family friend went through a similar situation. The Joy conveyed, I love it. There's no pain in the "crossover" and in the scheme of eternity our time here is brief. God bless you Greg and thanks for sharing about your close family.

I am sorry for your loss, it never gets better when you lose someone you love, it only moves further into the past. Remember them fondly and smile when you think of them as often as possible.

She passed away quietly in her sleep at 9:30PM last night from hepatic failure. She had been dealing with it for about three years, but had hospitalized herself a week ago Friday. Saturday night, she became incoherent, and we were told this was it. We signed a DNR Monday, pursuant to her wishes, at a meeting with hospital staff that had been originally called to move her to a Nursing home. She was 72.

Our family is here, and they have most of the situation in hand; I'm doing the things that only I can do.

We shared 52 years of a wonderful marriage; one Daughter, Jen, three Grandkids, Elena, Patrick, and Kayce.

Please pray for her, and for us.

Greg
too young. The young people may not think so until you reach that age.

Reactions: wildcats and lash
I just saw this. Greg, you were here on SH when I first joined somewhere around 2009. Then through all the changes of venue and back again to SH. I know that you helped push the Precision Rifle community forward with your ideas and willingness to push the envelope with lower cost rifles and ideas. I know that I learned a lot.

I never met you nor did I know Celia, yet your voice here has been appreciated and I feel that I know some of you through that.

Best wishes and strength throughout your adjustment to no longer having her presence around. I’ve only been married 42 years and can only imagine how much the loss must be for you.

May your memories be warm and many.

She passed away quietly in her sleep at 9:30PM last night from hepatic failure. She had been dealing with it for about three years, but had hospitalized herself a week ago Friday. Saturday night, she became incoherent, and we were told this was it. We signed a DNR Monday, pursuant to her wishes, at a meeting with hospital staff that had been originally called to move her to a Nursing home. She was 72.

Our family is here, and they have most of the situation in hand; I'm doing the things that only I can do.

We shared 52 years of a wonderful marriage; one Daughter, Jen, three Grandkids, Elena, Patrick, and Kayce.

Please pray for her, and for us.

Greg
Sending prayers.

May your bride rest with the Lord.

Despite your pain and the significant loss you've experienced, you're a lucky man to have been able to spend more than five decades with someone who loves you. You are a better person from this. And from the love you gave your wife, you made her a better person, enriching each other's lives for so many years. You, Celia, and love you share make the world a better place. Thank you for being a good man!

Last edited:
So few of you have I met so far; but if you met me, you met her too. Her influence was (and still is) an integral portion for me.

My life from now on is a celebration of her good influence. I strive not to let down her memory by my own actions. She was the good in me. That good must be perpetuated. She's a tough act to follow.

By your kindness, I am uplifted. Our family and our Congregation are as one. They continue to support me, and that's a needed thing.

God bless you, and them, all.

Our memories are alive in my family. It's a living thing, and it benefits from all the good that touches it. You are all a big part of that. Thank you all for that. I survive with the potential to improve.

As difficult as this situation may be to imagine, that's something I think it has paid me to do. It gains one much by doing this while we still have our loved ones present. Treat them well now, while they can still gain from it. The last few years have been lived with the recognition that each moment could be the last.

I had expected to go first, and her passing was so quick and unexpected that I was not so well prepared as I could have been. That turns out be the commonest situation by far. Let us consider that, in as much advance as we can manage. It lends some comfort to an otherwise bleak prospect.

Greg

Last edited: