• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up central WA

Re: central WA

Will travel, if someone throws down the gauntlet!
wink.gif

We have fire hazard here too, the 600+ shooting is probably a no-go until cooler weather. I've seen a fire start from steel splash both at the range, and out in the Colockum....
We might wanna hold off a bit. Official high today is 107, I'm dyin' out here. Can't wait to get off work and have a beer!

1911fan

The range i normally use is in the wenas area. The only fire i ever heard of was a few marines who stole some tracers and shot a couch.

When I used to log, the Forest Service would put us on "hootie hours" Meaning you had to be done cutting by noon and sometimes eleven. We started early to take advantage of any dew. That way we could get our 5-6 1/2 hrs of cutting in each day. Generally, unless they block off roads you can go wherever and shoot with no restrictions(unless it's a congested area). But, as posted above, if for some reason you cause a fire it's on your head. That's the way it's always been though.

Out in the Spokane Valley there is the Spokane Valley Rifle and Pistol Club. It has steel targets out to 1000yds. From what I remember its all bench rest though. My be worth checking out though for some of you in the central part of the state where fire is more of a concern. When I was last out there range fee was only 3 dollars.

I'll planning on heading out that way this weekend. I'll come back with pics and a report for those that might be interested.

checking in from whidbey island . my buddy , i often head to the moses lake area for lr shooting . its easy to find places with soft ground for targets , places where you dont have to carry your target 1k .. also do some shooting near stevens pass on hwy 2 . wish it was closer .

Rattlesnake Range here in Richland has a 1000yd range, but honestly I have not used it. Would have to check the web site to see when its open. I typically use another local 200 yd range or the short distance or shotgun ranges at Rattlesnake.

If anybody in the Spokane area or Eastside for that matter is interested I'll be heading out to the Valley range I mentioned this Saturday. They open at 1400 and remain open until dusk. I believe the range fee is still a meger $3. I'm hoping to get to get some time in with my new glass but that all depends on if my weaver rail comes in on time.

Hang your own targets out to 100yds. Pass 100yds they are all steel with a small gong at 1000yds.

Hi Erron welcome home,-- yea looking forward to shooting just trying to figure out when and where. Got a new load to try so I'm looking for short and long range--keep telling myself to head for the club range and at least work the 200 and 575 berm but just haven't found the time

i'd be down if you're ever in the spokane area...maybe down to travel your way in a couple weeks when work dies down a little.

I went and shot my carbine today some brilliant people lit the area on fire shooting tracers. I am going to take the surgeon out tomorrow. Long eyes let me know when a day is good for you and ill get it all set up.

Longeyes..PM me your cell or home number...going to Portland Area Friday night and back through Sunday or Monday....possibly I can get you your shirts?

Hey Erron what kind of ranges are we looking at and when are you thinking might be a good time?

unless we go to selah im guessing 600-700 selah could get to 1000. I think im going this saturday. maybe sunday before i head over to my girlfriends on the westside.