• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing CG x-treme Mod22 tactical trigger install question

Red Belly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
MA
I just installed a Mod 22 trigger into my Remington 700 action. The issue I am having is when I place the weapon onto safe it stops half way almost as if it is entering a detent. It only does this when it is cocked with the bolt closed. Otherwise the safety operates normally. It does this whether the action is set in the stock or not.

This is my first time installing a Mod22 trigger. I plan on calling Tom on Monday. Until then any thoughts?

I spoke with Tom before I purchased it. He said he adjusts the trigger & it would drop in. I installed rear pin, hooked rear of trigger onto the pin, installed front pin per Tom's instructions, which incidentally aren't in the instructions included with the trigger. If it wasn't Saturday night I'd be on the phone with him & probably have it up & running. The trigger functions perfectly except for the safety issue I am experiencing.

1365297544_zps80c7addc.jpg