• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I was looking for the same options in a chassis. Went with the magpul pro. Honestly couldn't stomach 2000 for the at-x once I had it setup the way I wanted. Ill be under 1k for the magpul with a folder/arca/nv mount feels very comfortable and rock solid
I’ve looked at the magpul several times for the same reason but it just doesn’t do it for me for whatever reason. I like the ao/vision buttstock the best of all of them and the low slung aspect of the ax. I need to look at the jp apac also.

XLR Envy Pro tics all the boxes. Adjustable mag latch, foldable, Arca, adjustable cant, weights. I just don’t feel the forend is long enough, or that it’s particularly attractive.
ACC Elite would be in contention if it folded. They said one of their existing folders will work, but you can’t option a new chassis with it, and it’s an extra $600 and the bottom brace doesn’t look like it’ll hinge anyway, so fuck ‘em.
Terry Cross’ new Comp chassis is still vapourware at this point and I can’t get an answer on what butt adjustability it’ll have. The LE version doesn’t have height or cant adjustment, and I don’t think it even exists yet either.

I’ve looked at the magpul several times for the same reason but it just doesn’t do it for me for whatever reason. I like the ao/vision buttstock the best of all of them and the low slung aspect of the ax. I need to look at the jp apac also.
I didn't even look into the jp but that looks like a great option aswell. I like the polymer skin on the magpul. Help keep my hands a little warmer in the winter

Ultimately, I want a JAE that folds and has adjustable height and cant in the butt, and a vertical grip that’s the proper distance to the trigger.

XLR Envy Pro tics all the boxes. Adjustable mag latch, foldable, Arca, adjustable cant, weights. I just don’t feel the forend is long enough, or that it’s particularly attractive.
ACC Elite would be in contention if it folded. They said one of their existing folders will work, but you can’t option a new chassis with it, and it’s an extra $600 and the bottom brace doesn’t look like it’ll hinge anyway, so fuck ‘em.
Terry Cross’ new Comp chassis is still vapourware at this point and I can’t get an answer on what butt adjustability it’ll have. The LE version doesn’t have height or cant adjustment, and I don’t think it even exists yet either.
The zealot is interesting also. Besides availability on it I wonder if my typical grip would work with his hinge design.

Apparently the AT-X works out of the box with AW magazines ... that could also be an option for a folder.

The CDG will be my first rifle build, so please treat me like I took the short bus to school.
If I get a KRG Bravo with their new adjustable mag catch trigger guard, I'll be good to go? Thanks
Bravo will need to be modified a bit for the trigger hanger, per the description. Doesn’t look like it accepts AW magazines either. If those aren’t a big deal to you, buy with confidence

The Aero Precision Solos chassis should check all the boxes. Cut for AW and AICS mags, has adjustable mag catch, and they say they are coming out with a folding option that should be backward compatible with current chassis. Plus in the $700 range.

The Aero Precision Solos chassis should check all the boxes. Cut for AW and AICS mags, has adjustable mag catch, and they say they are coming out with a folding option that should be backward compatible with current chassis. Plus in the $700 range.
Looks good. I wonder if the Solus chassis will fit the CDG with trigger hanger because their own Solus action has a trigger hanger as well.

Bravo will need to be modified a bit for the trigger hanger, per the description. Doesn’t look like it accepts AW magazines either. If those aren’t a big deal to you, buy with confidence
KRG started selling an adjustable mag catch trigger guard for AW mags. https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/adjustable-mag-catch-trigger-guard/
They also sell an extended mag catch.

MPA's Hybrid should work out of the box, and they have a folder option for those wanting a folding chassis. (DYOR on that though. I'm just going by memory from the main CDG pre order thread)

Anyone know if the MDT XRS will work with AW mags and the trigger hanger??

Reactions: The D
Adjustable cant?

Ultimately, I want a JAE that folds and has adjustable height and cant in the butt, and a vertical grip that’s the proper distance to the trigger.
This ^^ 100%. That would be my dream chassis. I would add that horizontal adjustment of the comb would be way cool also but prob lowest priority.

Looking at the aero chassis I don’t hate it. I don’t see the nv bridge in pictures or for sale yet so I’ll have to wait and see.

Ordered an MPA Ultra Lite folder chassis last night for my CDG. I have all the pieces ordered, but only the trigger in hand. The waiting suuuuuuuuuucks.

Ordered an MPA Ultra Lite folder chassis last night for my CDG. I have all the pieces ordered, but only the trigger in hand. The waiting suuuuuuuuuucks.
If you think waiting on your CDG is long, wait till you see how long it takes to get that chassis. I get it says 10-12 weeks on the website, but it could be double that (speaking from past experience).

Reactions: padfoot 37
If you think waiting on your CDG is long, wait till you see how long it takes to get that chassis. I get it says 10-12 weeks on the website, but it could be double that (speaking from past experience).
I've read some horror stories, but I am hoping for the best. I wasted a couple weeks stalking the PX for a folder, but haven't seen one.

Saw this post on KRGs instagram. It's a W3 with a 'Next Shot Precision' forend. If I don't go this way it'll be a KMW zealot.

Screenshot_20230611_110954_Chrome.png

Reactions: Thebiglebowski
Ordered my lefty on the first morning of preorder. Barrel, stock, trigger, and scope in hand. Be glad you’re not wrong handed 😂.

Saw this post on KRGs instagram. It's a W3 with a 'Next Shot Precision' forend. If I don't go this way it'll be a KMW zealot
Happy to be corrected but the CDG is a R700 footprint/ inlet.
Those three KRG W3s look like Tikka T3s,( two with TRG triggers 👍) =different inlet/ footprints, so the Next Shot Precision forends are T3 not R700. So… do NSP also make the forend for a R700?

And….if anyone has success with the CDG and a JAE Gen 4 chassis pls advise!

If the Bravo and the w3 are the same then it should just be more of a skin than a functional part of the inlet. Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the forend will fit any w3 or bravo.

Last I looked and the website was down but I'll look into it when I can.

Reactions: Anzac
I stopped by my smith's today, finally got to play with my pair of cdg actions. I will say I found little to no tooling marks on either. They're very smooth and light bolt lift, especially for not having a trigger installed. Very excited to get these up and running, will have them barreled and back in my hands in 2 weeks.

So according to Spuhr, the only necessary modification to the SICS chassis might be having to remove some material from the trigger guard pocket to avoid interference with the trigger hanger. Who is brave enough to try first? 😃

Had the opportunity to look at a Solus chassis. Modification will be needed for the trigger hanger on the CDG.
26A54E73-8D0B-49BE-943D-0A210EED1388.jpeg

For those curious about the cant adjustability here is a pic of the butt pad mounting holes that allow for cant, cast and height variations fwiw.

Anyone knows if the AT-X chassis is 100% compatible with the CDG both for the AW magazine and for the trigger hanger ?

@st1650 I know an impact action will drop into an atx aics Chassis, but I don't know if the CDG hanger has a larger footprint. There is a magazine stop that's bolted in place inside the rear of the atx mag well to limit upward position of an aics mag. If you remove this it allows aw mags to sit up higher to the action. Some guys have used the GA tempest 3 lugs with aw mags in the atx chassis and removing the mag block helped. I will have my CDG barreled actions in 2 weeks, will be installing in my extra atx chassis at that time. Other than this information, I don't believe anyone has put a CDG into an atx chassis.

Update Jul 17: Atx chassis works great with the CDG action, allows use of AW and AX mags. You just have to remove the aics mag block, which is circled in second Pic.
20230710_173450.jpg
20230717_074001.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: st1650
@st1650 I know an impact action will drop into an atx aics Chassis, but I don't know if the CDG hanger has a larger footprint. There is a magazine stop that's bolted in place inside the rear of the atx mag well to limit upward position of an aics mag. If you remove this it allows aw mags to sit up higher to the action. Some guys have used the GA tempest 3 lugs with aw mags in the atx chassis and removing the mag block helped. I will have my CDG barreled actions in 2 weeks, will be installing in my extra atx chassis at that time. Other than this information, I don't believe anyone has put a CDG into an atx chassis.
I might have to do it next spring still saving up for that RH25.
For this year I’ll just use my Xylo but I’m itching for a proper folder chassis to go with my spare 18in barrel.

HNT 26 has no fitment issues with the trigger hanger and AW mags lock up tight and feed perfectly.

ETA- The release is stiff. I'll see if it smooths out, otherwise I may end up taking just a scosh off of the latch.

Last edited:
Reactions: st1650
I’m trying an Alpine Hunter adjustable by AG Composite. On sale around $600 with bottoms metal. Had in a week. They only have the short action. Seems to fit nice. AW runs perfect. They stated near Proof Sendero profile.

I just need to pick a barrel now in 6 Creedmore that fits.

any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_7198.jpeg
    IMG_7198.jpeg
    715.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7195.jpeg
    IMG_7195.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7199.jpeg
    IMG_7199.jpeg
    537 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7200.jpeg