• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes cheap and easy sunshade for multiple scopes? any good idea's?

rockwind1

Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
westworld
i quickly cut a legal hanging file folder and wrapped it around my zco the other day, it stuck out like 9" and work fine, just taped it on to itself,, no tape on the ZCO. yes i have nice sunshade for my atacr's and a steiner but just trying out the zco and don't want spend my life savings on something i may not use much,, (zco sunshade)

where i usually shoot, the sun seems to be more of an issue this time of year, lower in the sky.

just wondering if there were some other cooler more inovative quickie range solutions that anyone has come up with,, like beer can coolers or similair

my-face-wondering.jpg

Yeah, I used an arm board once during a stage with one elastic arm band going around the hand guard and another going around the scope tube, it worked in the moment. I've also seen shooters using cardboard ammo boxes and the sheets from stage descriptions to fashion sun shades with either due to sun or inclement weather.

The koozies that have the metal bands in them and snap around things will work in a pinch. I’ve used them between day optics and clip ons too.

If it doesn’t thread in, or clamp on it’s going to come off with movement though.

Personally I’d just not be cheap after buying a $4K optic and pick up a proper sunshade for it.

The koozies that have the metal bands in them and snap around things will work in a pinch. I’ve used them between day optics and clip ons too.

If it doesn’t thread in, or clamp on it’s going to come off with movement though.

Personally I’d just not be cheap after buying a $4K optic and pick up a proper sunshade for it.
‘sup Corey
Well, I didn’t PAY 4k for it.
But I might. Order and shipping takes time, In the meantime, just looking for other ideas for short term in case it happens again

So far, 2 out of three responses are from cool folks. Not bad.

Yeah, I used an arm board once during a stage with one elastic arm band going around the hand guard and another going around the scope tube, it worked in the moment. I've also seen shooters using cardboard ammo boxes and the sheets from stage descriptions to fashion sun shades with either due to sun or inclement weather.
stretchy things are super handy! Thanks for the intelligent response. If only everyone could do that.

i quickly cut a legal hanging file folder and wrapped it around my zco the other day, it stuck out like 9" and work fine, just taped it on to itself,, no tape on the ZCO. yes i have nice sunshade for my atacr's and a steiner but just trying out the zco and don't want spend my life savings on something i may not use much,, (zco sunshade)

where i usually shoot, the sun seems to be more of an issue this time of year, lower in the sky.

just wondering if there were some other cooler more inovative quickie range solutions that anyone has come up with,, like beer can coolers or similair
Hanging file folder? This man is an accountant. Or lawyer.

Anyhow, Monstrum makes this condom-thing in three sizes:
1701880812447.png

Or this rain hood thing:
1701880944420.png

MKM:

MKM seems to have also sold a half-moon universal shade (mentioned in description and shown in pic) but it’s nowhere to be found on their site.

A SH member makes these:
1701881621223.png

Another universal shade:

Adjustable koozie:

Search for rifle scope universal shade (or substitute “riflescope”), riflescope koozie shade, flexible riflescope koozie (or hood, or shade), slim can koozie, adjustable koozie, etc

Off-topic but during my search for the OP I ran across these scope caps on Amazon. Says they are from a “small business”. Seem to work a little differently than other caps…see a user’s video on that Amazon page.

Ok OP, you fat lazy bastard that’ll be a $20 research fee.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
Ok this might be the ticket. Or another ticket to CHEAP BASTARD HELL. Lol

searched for slim+can+koozie+neoprene+camo

The Monstrum one looks like it has legs for an emergency or an oddball scope that doesn't have a sunshade but I wouldn't trust that rubber baseball cap looking one at all, it looks like the sides need to come down farther and the "bill" extend out a little more, like the MKM one I didn't see before I wrote all that out lol.

The koozies that have the metal bands in them and snap around things
On a beer-related note, I don’t think I’ve seen these. I cannot find them either…not using the correct search terms obv. Been using an old-school thick foam one haha

On a beer-related note, I don’t think I’ve seen these. I cannot find them either…not using the correct search terms obv. Been using an old-school thick foam one haha
Search “slap wrap can cover…”

View attachment 8289891

Or this rain hood thing:
View attachment 8289892

MKM:

MKM seems to have also sold a half-moon universal shade (mentioned in description and shown in pic) but it’s nowhere to be found on their site.

A SH member makes these:
View attachment 8289900

Another universal shade:

Adjustable koozie:

Search for rifle scope universal shade (or substitute “riflescope”), riflescope koozie shade, flexible riflescope koozie (or hood, or shade), slim can koozie, adjustable koozie, etc

Off-topic but during my search for the OP I ran across these scope caps on Amazon. Says they are from a “small business”. Seem to work a little differently than other caps…see a user’s video on that Amazon page.

A LAWYER!!!! thems fightin' words! firefighter, retired now.

and your Google-Fu is impressive! thanks for the links.

i used my file folder invention again the other day.

I owe you a beer. I can't believe both you and my wife think i am lazy!

Reactions: carbonbased
if redneckbmx says they work, then I would bet anything they work. i will say that the thing that goes between my scope and pvs-30 looks very much like a beer cozy, which is i mentioned it.
but my feelings are hurt and I am going to go cry for a while.
back soon with more stupid questions,,,,

View attachment 8289891

Or this rain hood thing:
View attachment 8289892

MKM:

A SH member makes these:
View attachment 8289900

Another universal shade:

Adjustable koozie:

that monstrum thing looks fairly cool and universal!

The only stupid question is the question not asked. Oh, what am I saying, there’s a butt ton of stupid questions. Then again, I once cut the bottom out of a solo cup for a field expedient sun shade.

I thought koozie was another word for sun shade? Never had a beer sit long enough to get warm🤔

The only stupid question is the question not asked. Oh, what am I saying, there’s a butt ton of stupid questions. Then again, I once cut the bottom out of a solo cup for a field expedient sun shade.
those solo cups are pricey! you must be a wealthy lawyer or accountant!