• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CheyTac Owner Blaine Campbell Falsely Claims to be a Green Beret

Yerman

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Stolen Valor: Gunmaker with DoD contacts falsely claims to be a Green Beret

Blaine Campbell, chairman and president of CheyTac USA, was never a Special Forces weapon sergeant as he claims.

dis_gon_be_good.gif

Some of these folks get so deep into their lies that they actually start believing in it themselves. Some commands will check and verify service records to what is on ones uniform but most just take it at face value that what you wear is legit. I was stationed with a guy that claimed he was recon/dive qualified (wore the pins), had three Purple Hearts in his ribbon stack along with other personal awards and claimed to have been deployed to all sorts of areas most folks don’t get to see. Odd thing was, for some reason, he kept getting passed over for CPO selection.

When he was going to retire, our command (Marines) wanted to do a news story on the retirement of this great warrior. I was given the task of doing the background on his story and when I got his service record, I can see that it was all bull shit. The command wanted to press charges against him but decided to just let him retire and be done with him. He told me that while he was awarded the three Purple Hearts, they were not annotated in his service record or his official electronic record because he refused the awards. When I asked him to show me the citations, he said they were in a box in his garage but later he stated that he could not find them. Almost all of his pins/medal/ribbons were not earned and his uniform on his day of retirement looked much different and the news story never happened.

My LPO at the time who was working with me to expose this turd ran into him a few years later working at a Home Depot. He told him that the military had contacted him to bring him back on active duty because there was a secret mission that was being planned and they needed him back on active duty because he was previously deployed to this same area and he had specialized knowledge of the area that could be vital for the success of the operation. A true nut case and a legend in his own mind. I can only imagine what his shadow box must look like hanging on his wall or all the BS he has convinced his neighbors and other family into believing.

UPDATE HOLY SHIT. The above incident took place in 2003 and I just saw this. That’s him…..😂😂😂😂😂 I have no doubt that he told the reporter that he was a retired SEAL.

Last edited:
I don’t get these type of people. Why.

oh ya, I was a Sniper Commander in the USCG and we did raids on Castro in Nam, our Humvees had snipers nests built in and we could call in the F-22 raptor with our mind radios to shoot lasers at the Chinese and Russians.
I have the medals 🥇

oh ya, I was a Sniper Commander in the USCG and we did raids on Castro in Nam, our Humvees had snipers nests built in and we could call in the F-22 raptor with our mind radios to shoot lasers at the Chinese and Russians.
I have the medals 🥇
I identify as an Apache helicopter today.

Tomorrow will be a bradley.

Doc

Nope.
SF support, but not qualified wear the patch without the SF tab, and never the green beret.
View attachment 7644431
That's how it is now. During the late '80s and early '90s support personnel did indeed wear the green beret. The Special Forces tab was the only way to identify an SF qualified soldier, or Green Beret. Finally, one too many pregnant "green beret" support personnel showed up walking around Post., Support personnel went back to the maroon beret, and SF unit patch. On another note, even though the Yarborough knife wasn't issued/available till after 2000, all SF qualified personnel were eligible to purchase one, after a serious vetting process, through the JFK SF Museum at Ft Bragg.

My knife.
wings.JPG

If I don't know you well, I really don't care what you did or didn't do yesterday or 10 years ago. I generally only care what you do right now, today. If you get on a message board or go out in public, and run your mouth like a dick, then the only thing I care about is that you are a dick and I need to steer clear. This applies if you are Bill Gates, President Trump or the cashier at Hyvee. If the guy wants to be a Green Beret, I don't fucking care. I don't care today, anymore than I did before I read the story. In 10 minutes, I will have forgot about all of it anyway.

Bunch of phony Green Berets coming out of the woodwork as of late. I guess they're too scared to claim being a SEAL since they know they'll eventually get a phone call from Don Shipley and put on blast on the interwebs.

If the guy wants to be a Green Beret, I don't fucking care. I don't care today, anymore than I did before I read the story. In 10 minutes, I will have forgot about all of it anyway.
It matters to those that have served and have earned the title. That's good enough for me to care.

What gets me is that (if I read it correctly) he was actually 82 airborne. Why lie past that, it’s not like your a desk jockey.

That’s the interesting part, the why. The original owner of the range down here used to be all about the rangers that he was a part of....until it came to light that he wasn’t a ranger. Turns out he did all kinds of above and beyond service but never quite made it tranger school.

His real record was plenty impressive, but after being outed and shamed and admitting he embellished, he never was the same. Guys that know him cannot figure out why he felt that need to claim something that wasn’t his even though his actual accomplishments were solid.

His is slightly different than most of these clowns, in that he wasn’t pathological about it, but still allowed himself that fantasy that actually destroyed the real him.

I have the medals 🥇
just to be clear ....USCG snipers are no joke they are trained by the Army and have been placing in the top ten for the last 5 years or so in multiple international competitions

“Green Beret”….too funny. Don’t know anyone that served in a SFG that called themselves that. Maybe some did to impress nasty chicks on Bragg Boulevard.

Also, SF sniper school was (is) SOTIC. Never been, but wanted to go. Lots of politics.

Disclaimer: I am aligned with CheyTac USA due to my representations for their technology to the SASC and other J level elements on counters to Next Gen near peer threats. I have not received any compensation, employment position, or have contractual relations outside of NDA's with Campbell Arms/CheyTac USA. It was discussed openly that I would come in to development work for them. I later decided to hold, until a few benchmarks were met.

Blaine Campbell has consistently claimed he completed all phases of the SFQC (which he did attend classes 5-93 and 1-94). This was his basis for claiming 18B MOS Q'd. That personal issues became professional post Robin Sage and he was shipped off to Support BN of JFKSWCS.

I find it unfortunate that both that the GoTGB and the SAF ran this story before my independent investigation of the matter had one single FOIA or other records requests completed.

For initiating this independent investigation, I was removed from online (FB) Special Forces groups that could assist in validating information.

It is by my direction that Blaine Campbell shared the only substantiated information (documents shown on SSD) and directed him to issue an immediate retraction and apology, that was conditionally private, until my complete investigation was concluded.

Blaine has stated to me events and details that would lead any rational observer would conclude that his story, while not likely, was possible. A story the multiple FOIA and other records requests would validate his story as patently false or true.

The twitch reaction to offer this maladroit and impulsive story in-front of the online "Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition" might show ulterior motives.

CheyTac USA has pending litigation with several infringers of protected technologies, patents, and trademarks.

I have made this statement without the direction or even knowledge of Blaine Campbell or the owners of CheyTac USA.

My guess is that now it will be out my ability to influence.

Reactions: lash
Disclaimer: I am aligned with CheyTac USA due to my representations for their technology to the SASC and other J level elements on counters to Next Gen near peer threats. I have not received any compensation, employment position, or have contractual relations outside of NDA's with Campbell Arms/CheyTac USA. It was discussed openly that I would come in to development work for them. I later decided to hold, until a few benchmarks were met.

Blaine Campbell has consistently claimed he completed all phases of the SFQC (which he did attend classes 5-93 and 1-94). This was his basis for claiming 18B MOS Q'd. That personal issues became professional post Robin Sage and he was shipped off to Support BN of JFKSWCS.

I find it unfortunate that both that the GoTGB and the SAF ran this story before my independent investigation of the matter had one single FOIA or other records requests completed.

For initiating this independent investigation, I was removed from online (FB) Special Forces groups that could assist in validating information.

It is by my direction that Blaine Campbell shared the only substantiated information (documents shown on SSD) and directed him to issue an immediate retraction and apology, that was conditionally private, until my complete investigation was concluded.

Blaine has stated to me events and details that would lead any rational observer would conclude that his story, while not likely, was possible. A story the multiple FOIA and other records requests would validate his story as patently false or true.

The twitch reaction to offer this maladroit and impulsive story in-front of the online "Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition" might show ulterior motives.

CheyTac USA has pending litigation with several infringers of protected technologies, patents, and trademarks.

I have made this statement without the direction or even knowledge of Blaine Campbell or the owners of CheyTac USA.

My guess is that now it will be out my ability to influence.
What kinda White House paper BS is this?

Some of these folks get so deep into their lies that they actually start believing in it themselves. Some commands will check and verify service records to what is on ones uniform but most just take it at face value that what you wear is legit. I was stationed with a guy that claimed he was recon/dive qualified (wore the pins), had three Purple Hearts in his ribbon stack along with other personal awards and claimed to have been deployed to all sorts of areas most folks don’t get to see. Odd thing was, for some reason, he kept getting passed over for CPO selection.

When he was going to retire, our command (Marines) wanted to do a news story on the retirement of this great warrior. I was given the task of doing the background on his story and when I got his service record, I can see that it was all bull shit. The command wanted to press charges against him but decided to just let him retire and be done with him. He told me that while he was awarded the three Purple Hearts, they were not annotated in his service record or his official electronic record because he refused the awards. When I asked him to show me the citations, he said they were in a box in his garage but later he stated that he could not find them. Almost all of his pins/medal/ribbons were not earned and his uniform on his day of retirement looked much different and the news story never happened.

My LPO at the time who was working with me to expose this turd ran into him a few years later working at a Home Depot. He told him that the military had contacted him to bring him back on active duty because there was a secret mission that was being planned and they needed him back on active duty because he was previously deployed to this same area and he had specialized knowledge of the area that could be vital for the success of the operation. A true nut case and a legend in his own mind. I can only imagine what his shadow box must look like hanging on his wall or all the BS he has convinced his neighbors and other family into believing.

UPDATE HOLY SHIT. The above incident took place in 2003 and I just saw this. That’s him…..😂😂😂😂😂 I have no doubt that he told the reporter that he was a retired SEAL.
Interesting that he had more than 20 years service. High year tenure for an E6 is twenty years, that was in effect at the time of his retirement.
There were certain waivers, he likely got one, not sure if they were offered to FMF Corpsman or not.

Reactions: lash