• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CheyTac Owner Blaine Campbell Falsely Claims to be a Green Beret

Agree. They are necessary and when it gets down to the nut cuttin, they have to pick up a rifle and fight, along with those who specialize in such.
The interesting thing about the Navy is that when general quarters are piped away there is no distinction between combat and non combat rates and between line and staff (supply/medical/dental) officers.

We all fight the ship as one, either maneuvering it, powering it, shooting its weapons, or fighting damage and casualties. Service rates like cooks, storekeepers, and yeomen were usually assigned to repair lockers where they got to put their firefighting and damage control training to use.

We were also all exposed to the same exact enemy fire on a ship, there are no REMFs at sea.

Last edited:
Unless you’re on a carrier and half the squadron personnel either stay in their rack or hide in their ready rooms. :) However he may have wound up, Boorda was a great guy. He use to frequently come down onto the forward mess decks and eat midrats with those of us on nights and just hang out and talk to guys. Only Admiral I ever witnessed doing that in my 24 years of active duty.

Last edited:
Unless you’re on a carrier and half the squadron personnel either stay in their rack or hide in their ready rooms. :) How ever he may have wound up, Boorda was a great guy. He use to frequently come down onto the forward mess decks and eat midrats with those of us on nights and just hand out and talk to guys. Only Admiral I ever witnessed doing that in my 24 years of active duty.

Seems like he got Tailhook tossed in his lap and was getting pulled by people that wanted a fighting Navy and might swear vs those that wanted a PC Navy and could care less about operations.

I recall there was some speculation he may have rated the "V" devices as being on a ship in hostile waters.

Thing is his "indiscretion" pales compared to some others and those other violators will double down or deny with no shame.......amazing he took his problem to its full conclusion but I think it was a measure of how much he loved the Navy.

The interesting thing about the Navy is that when general quarters are piped away there is no distinction between combat and non combat rates and between line and staff (supply/medical/dental) officers.

We all fight the ship as one, either maneuvering it, powering it, shooting its weapons, or fighting damage and casualties. Service rates like cooks, storekeepers, and yeomen were usually assigned to repair lockers where they got to put their firefighting and damage control training to use.

We were also all exposed to the same exact enemy fire on a ship, there are no REMFs at sea.

Im sure everybody has a "Battle Station" when a ship goes into action and I always imagine that being a guy running a 20 mm on the deck.

Reality though on a big ship lots of guys are locked down below decks and I imagine that had to suck.

No idea of the action topside, perhaps behind a dogged water tight door, and your wondering "Is this fucker going down and Im stuck here?"

If you didn't serve one day on an ODA in Group you definitely have no business telling anyone your a GB. Just my opinion..
This mf’er didn’t even pass robin sage, he actually tried to push his wares to the regiment. In the process he said a lot of negative stuff about very well respected people in the long range shooting community. Huge red flag. He got a hard pass and asked not to call or contact us again. I don’t know where his gun ended up in USASOC but the 375 enabler was the gun that some got for “elr.”

Dude claimed he was a free fall instructor… there’s a by name list of MFFIs, which there’s less than 1000. How he spun lies and wasn’t nailed down earlier is crazy.

Needless to say you’re absolutely correct. He had no business saying he was an 18B. Even if he passed the bravo course (which he claimed), MOS orders aren’t given until you pass the whole Q Course. Yeah complete fraud.

Im sure everybody has a "Battle Station" when a ship goes into action and I always imagine that being a guy running a 20 mm on the deck.

Reality though on a big ship lots of guys are locked down below decks and I imagine that had to suck.

No idea of the action topside, perhaps behind a dogged water tight door, and your wondering "Is this fucker going down and Im stuck here?"
These days there's no one really on the weather decks during GQ except the lookouts, and depending on the ship there may be some M2 or Mk25 gunners.

The bridge GQ watch team can see out, everyone else is inside. CIC is typically one or two levels below the bridge but still above the main deck. Most of the non-engineering repair lockers are along the first deck (one down from the main deck). The engineers are all down below in the hole, either in the central control station or in the machinery spaces.

Reactions: lash
There is nothing worse than the liars who claim to be something they ain't. Most of them couldn't make it thru the first week of selection. I have paperwork for everything I did on the military, even the above Top Secret stuff left some paper. Schools do keep records so the lies eventually get exposed for everyone, especially the liars with high public profiles.

We had an army retread in boot camp. He talked a lot of shit about his army service and tours. He put some ribbons on his shirt from his "prior service" for graduation. One of the Drill Instructors had reviewed his SRB and promptly removed the bullshit ribbons from his uniform. It was funny watching that idiot going through graduation with a torn dress shirt. Other than that I have only had one other guy trying to pass off bullshit service.

This mf’er didn’t even pass robin sage, he actually tried to push his wares to the regiment. In the process he said a lot of negative stuff about very well respected people in the long range shooting community. Huge red flag. He got a hard pass and asked not to call or contact us again. I don’t know where his gun ended up in USASOC but the 375 enabler was the gun that some got for “elr.”

Dude claimed he was a free fall instructor… there’s a by name list of MFFIs, which there’s less than 1000. How he spun lies and wasn’t nailed down earlier is crazy.

Needless to say you’re absolutely correct. He had no business saying he was an 18B. Even if he passed the bravo course (which he claimed), MOS orders aren’t given until you pass the whole Q Course. Yeah complete fraud.

Hi,

Looks like a pretty detailed timeline and investigation....

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Looks like a pretty detailed timeline and investigation....

Sincerely,
Theis
Thanks, pretty thorough. What a scumbag.

edit spelling

Last edited:
While of course there are free speech exemptions and all that stuff,

wasn't there some law passed regarding stolen valour that had some legal penalties if you used false service claims for personal gain or to defraud the government?

It seems like this would be a case that would kind of fit into the using stolen valour to try to increase your business & / or get government contracts and such?

Hi,

So back in the founding days it was Cheytac & Associates...that is important in the real history of what is todays era of "CheyTac".

The original 408CT test rifle was called the Prometheus and was built on a standard bolt action receiver in a big McM stock.

After successful testing and proving the 408CT (NOT THE SAME AS CURRENT CARTRIDGE BTW) the desire to have EDM chamber their windrunner in the cartridge for testing was reached.

EDM manufactured 25 Windrunners chambered in the 408CT.

Cheytac & Associates took delivery of IIRC 7 and then took 2 down to Briley in Houston to manufacture them in attempts to cut EDM Arms out of the deal. We are talking like a 2 year timespan of testing the EDM built "Cheytac" guns in the 408CT of all this debacle.

The over the barrel bipod and barrel shroud was not EDM design; it actually came from one of the "Associates" companies of Cheytac & Associates called Sniping Operations Executive. It was manufactured by Becker Machine & Tool in MN.
During this timeframe Cheytac & Associates operated out of a gas station in Arco ID.

Long story short, there was a 22 or 25 million dollar lawsuit back and forth between EDM Arms and Cheytac & Associates that drug out for a few years with both companies making their version of the Windrunner chambered in 408CT. It was eventually agreed upon and dropped with understanding that both entities will continue to do what they were currently doing.

Also, the 375CT was not designed nor tested by Cheytac & Associates at all, lol.....Cheytac did not start using that name and cartridge until about 4 years after we were shooting rifles built by Lawton Machine.
The 375CT was originally called the 375 No Name and were all built on Lawton 8000 actions.

I bring that up because it IS most definitely going to be called into evidence of these current CheyTac USA lawsuits against other companies for using the term 375 and 408 CheyTac.

The original 408CT was significantly better ballistics than the current 408CT version.
The original pushed the 419gr mono at close to 3200fps compared to the current version of 2850.
When the decision was made to "water" the original version down due to a couple pressure spike instances is when we started looking for its' replacement. That replacement was the 375 No Name.

Sincerely,
Theis
Some further info for those that are interested: http://cheytacrifles.com/history/
The .408ct cartridge was originally developed and produced by two companies, first THEIS (Tactical High Energy Impact Solutions) which provided the modification necessary to translate what modifications became apparent and necessary from the original 505 Gibbs case. The second entity involved in the cartridge development was Lost River Ballistics Technology which is now closed and much of the intellectual property was used by Greenwich Ballistics (a CheyTac® LLC based company). Jamison International has been, up until recently, the primary producer of the 419gr projectile that is the patented “CheyTac®” cartridge. Despite this, many companies offer similar .408 cartridges that work outside the patent and provide excellent results such as the now commonplace 400gr solid projectile.

The M200 style system that is so prevalent in media, film and television was originally designed by Bill Ritchie of EDM Arms. Mr. Ritchie was approached by CheyTac® LLC to scale down his “Windrunner” rifle to accommodate and better suit the .408CT cartridge. CheyTac®, LLC began looking at options to modify the rifle and add the popular over-the-barrel bipod system and shroud after the initial field testing of the EDM Arms rifle was completed. The initial field testing was provided by a company, now defunct, known as Sniping Operations Executive (SOE).

CheyTac® and EDM Arms had a multi-million dollar lawsuit filed in the early 2000′s which resulted in the case being dropped and the decision was for both companies to continue producing their respective rifles in the .408ct chambering. EDM Arms later partnered with THOR Global Defense Group, Inc. to provide official license of the original rifle which is now the THOR XM408 and the enhanced THOR M408 model which features an upgraded barrel, enhanced bipod and carry handle system.

CheyTac® continued to produce the M200 rifle through a reverse engineering development process and had several machine shops over the course of the next few years produce the M200 under an ATF variance.

CheyTac® later approached RND Edge in regards of having a semi-automatic .408 rifle created for standard production. Initial prototyping was completed, but after some developments, RND Edge has separated from CheyTac®, and a semi-auto CheyTac®, LLC rifle was not officially brought into production.

It became apparent that with the extreme range that could be achieved with the .408 cartridge, a ballistic computing system would be quite a boon to provide quick calculation of the Data On Personal Equipment or DOPE. This system enabled the shooter to efficiently apply shots on a target at extreme ranges. The software was named the Advanced Ballistics Computer (ABC) and was produced to work on windows mobile platforms. The original ABC software is not available in the original form, but several companies now offer similar systems to provide calculation on both Windows operating systems as well as newer Android applications. Training courses offered by CheyTac® were provided on public BLM (Bureau of Land Management) property in Arco, Idaho. Targets at this range area were designed to allow safe firing positions between 100 and 2500 meters.

Knesek Guns, Inc. provided distribution and commercial sales and customer support out of their Arkansas facility, but supply became an issue as time went on and it became apparent that other options to provide a .408 system of identical or higher quality with great technical and customer support from the manufacturer was going to be needed. Larry Knesek began negotiations with Bill Ritchie and the formerly associated individuals involved with the CheyTac® project that had disassociated themselves for one reason or another. The THOR M408 rifle system offered maintains the better quality, accuracy and provides enhanced features over the CheyTac® M200 system which Knesek Guns had formerly distributed.

In summary, the entities described in the CheyTac® Asscoiates brochures from yesteryear have, for the most part, gone their separate ways or been closed. Here is a listing of the entities which were previously listed as the CheyTac® associated firms:

1. Bradley Development (Unknown)
  2. Greenwich Ballistics (Current CheyTac®, LLC entitiy)
  3. Lost River Ballistics Technologies (Closed)
  4. Sniper Operations Executive (Closed)
  5. Tactical High Energy Impact Systems and subsidiaries (Conducting Research & Development)
  6. Advanced Barrel Systems (Closed)
  7. Jamison International (Closed)
  8. Knesek Guns, Inc. (Current distributor/exporter for THOR Global Defense Group & EDM Arms)
  9. RND Edge (No longer associated, feel free to contact RND for more info)

That's a great write up. Very interesting history. In the small world department, wasn't Knesek Guns, Inc. a one time employer of our temporary banned Judcargile?

I did almost ten years as an active duty NCO, commissioned, did the rest in a combination of AF active, AF reserve and Air National Guard. It was like 41 years, nine months and some change end to end.

In retrospect, I loved every minute of it. Although, in the thick of some of the minutes I didn’t see it that way.

I have a son who is a active Army 68W (combat medic). He started late, but I hope he gets as much out of it as I did, and still do

42 years, holy smokes...
Motivating

A lot of you guys seem knowledgeable in the SF/stolen valor area, so I have a question. I have an acquaintance who claims to be a Navy SEAL, early to mid ‘90’s, however something just seems off to me, just hard to believe this guy did the things he claims. How would one go about checking his service history to confirm or debunk his story?

A lot of you guys seem knowledgeable in the SF/stolen valor area, so I have a question. I have an acquaintance who claims to be a Navy SEAL, early to mid ‘90’s, however something just seems off to me, just hard to believe this guy did the things he claims. How would one go about checking his service history to confirm or debunk his story?
Contact Don Shipley.

The entire story by this chump reeks worse than boiled chitlins on a hot summer day, and the evidence against him is pretty damn solid. I was never SF nor even Army for that matter, and I can plainly see this cat was dropped and never graduated or was assigned to an ODA unit. Even the shittiest admin clerk gets unit assignments correct.

People think it's fucked up going after someone because it may harm their professional or personal life, but it's their own lies and embellishments that caused that, not the people who lay the facts out on the table.

I've outed a few lying ass chumps myself over the years, never a pleasure but always solemnly satisfying knowing truth and honor were upheld in one tiny pocket of the world. I even played a major part in taking down a fellow Scout Sniper for his lies which many would consider minor, yet he was relieved as Bn SgtMaj and forced to retire as a result. Far from pleasurable, but it had to be done because honor must be upheld.

You don't forget when and where you go to a school like that, as well as who was in that suck fest with you and exactly how it ended and you knew you passed the test. Exact class dates and numbers may get fuzzy (not to me but I have friends who this applies to), but everyone still remember the key details. I remember little of my SSBC graduation ceremony 26 years ago, although I do remember the raging hangover and all of us almost being late to it because we were passed out in the woods. But, I'll never forget getting my HOGs Tooth presented to me by the instructors the night before graduation even though I was well into working on the next day's hangover.

You never forget the important shit.

Given the source, not entirely surprising (just disappointing). Details, please...

Hi,

1. Knesek Guns was never under the umbrella of Cheytac & Associates. They were strictly a commercial dealer and not for long and not entirely due to inventory issues lol. Cheytac & Associates were on their 2 or 3rd ownership by that point IIRC.

2. There indeed was the semi auto version put into production by RND Edge. It was available in 2 barrel lengths (Short and Long). It did not hit the streets with the Cheytac & Associates name on it due to the slight issue of them owing Lloyd at RND Edge about 500k for the design and engineering work.

3. Jamison never really made projectiles (He bought them for his brass and ammo line). He made brass and loaded ammunition. After Lost River closed (During 3rd ownership phase of CT&Assoc) the 419gr balanced flight patent projectile went to Hooker Tactical as Susan got ownership rights to that projectile design. Brad Harrelson (sp) who was operations/floor manager for Lost River went to Hunting Shack Munitions and took over the original 350gr .375 bullet of Lost River and eventually the 400gr .408 bullet and then later (few years later) made the 419gr .408 bullet after Hooker Tactical "lost" the rights somehow somewhere. By now CT&Assoc are on their 5th ownership. Jamison held onto running his company until around 2011 when his daughter was killed in the 2011 Japan Tsunami.

4. ABS (Advanced Barrel Systems)...they closed but not really. Today we know them as Proof. Mike Degerness (Founder of ABS) was offered a business deal that was best for him at that time and the rest of the shooting world. Mike took his carbon wrapping knowledge and rolled it into Proof.

5. ABC...So the advanced ballistic computer portion of the original Cheytac days was owned and operated by Jon Paver and while there are current ballistic application on the market similar to his; there are none that functioned like his. He was 4DOF before Hornady could spell 4DOF. His program gave 2 firing solution options when available. 1 you chose the doppler data for that bullet,, 2 you chose the algorithm data for that bullet. He was the very first program to offer multiple wind zones also; which is now a common use feature.

This just covers the snippet you posted in your original post. It does not even touch all the "issues" on the linked website itself, lolol

Sincerely,
Theis

SOCNET

Reactions: James Abram