• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christensen Modern Precision Rifle

Jason, please let us know if you get any word on shipment this week. Especially if you actually get them dropped off by Santa Claus driving the brown truck (with pictures of course). My dealer apparently isn’t in tune with their CA rep like others are. I can’t get any kind of ETA out of them at all. Getting anxious over here!!

UPDATE - CA is telling us first shipments are going out to us next week!

As for screws, should be 6x48, but will post if that turns out to be different.

Jason

Does eurooptic have one as a demo? If so I may have to come visit to handle it.

Just heard from my dealer that mine will ship at the end of December. Have to admit I’m a little aggravated that it’s taking so long since they stated shipping would happen much sooner.

Getting ready, hopefully soon! Have my scope, rings and ammo ready to rock.

When they make this in 260 Remington Pm me so I can purchase one.

Get a 6.5cm and shoot it out! I'm sure they may add it along with a .223

Euro states CA is shipping this week! Hope to be enough for my order.

Well, mine came in today! Got my scope on it and going to start breaking in the barrel tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it goes!

[No message]

Attachments

• photo82932.jpg
    photo82932.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 363
Looks like a 20" .308? Funny, I have the same sling that I use. Opinions so far?

22” Creed actually. I have some better pics but they are too large of a file. Won’t let me upload. So far I’m really impressed. Squaring up behind this rifle is just easy. Some rifles just don’t feel comfortable. This one feels amazing. I have an Accu-tac bipod on it, and the rifle wears it well. Trigger is 3 lbs, but very crisp at 3 lbs if there even is such an animal. Won’t get to shoot it today (hunting all day) but I will tomorrow. I’ll let you know how that goes.

22” Creed actually. I have some better pics but they are too large of a file. Won’t let me upload. So far I’m really impressed. Squaring up behind this rifle is just easy. Some rifles just don’t feel comfortable. This one feels amazing. I have an Accu-tac bipod on it, and the rifle wears it well. Trigger is 3 lbs, but very crisp at 3 lbs if there even is such an animal. Won’t get to shoot it today (hunting all day) but I will tomorrow. I’ll let you know how that goes.

Can't to hear some news on this. Thanks for the pics. How does the action feel? Is the cheek height and LOP quick adjustable? Does the stock lock in the folded position? How solid does it lock up and how durable does it feel? Sorry to bombard you with ?'s but you're the 1st to get one and there aren't any reviews out there so far.

Can't to hear some news on this. Thanks for the pics. How does the action feel? Is the cheek height and LOP quick adjustable? Does the stock lock in the folded position? How solid does it lock up and how durable does it feel? Sorry to bombard you with ?'s but you're the 1st to get one and there aren't any reviews out there so far.

No worries at all. I’ll try and get some more pics posted later. The action is about what you expect from CA. It starts out a little rough. I have a 2 yr old classic and it was the same way, and it is smooth as silk now. I would assume this one will behave similarly. The cheek height and LOP are pretty easy to adjust. Each one has 2 Allen head bolts and they don’t require much torque to snug. The stock doesn’t “lock” in the nested position, but it does have a strong magnet that holds the stock in place. I am sure if you hung the stock on a tree limb hard enough it would swing free, but as of now, I think it will be satisfactory for most people. In the locked position, the stock feels rock solid to me. Squaring up behind this rifle in a prone position is as comfortable as any other rifle I have that I shoot in the prone position with. One thing I’ve noticed, and I shoot a lot by dropping in one round and not using the magazine, is that by dropping one round into the action, the action doesn’t guide the round into the chamber as well as I would like. Maybe there’s a trick to it that I haven’t figured out yet, but as of right now it tends to block the round in this situation. Feeding from the magazine appears seamless though. The trigger is right at 3 lbs or just a hair above, but still breaks crisply. I believe with some adjustment, I will really like the trigger that comes with the rifle. I am going to break it in next week with factory loads (Winchester Match 142gr) and them begin my load development with it soon after. I am hoping to be able to run the Hornady 143gr ELD-X with IMR 4451 in Laupa brass. At least that is where I will begin. I’ll do my best to post my progress as I go along.

Im really liking this rifle and the 22" Creedmoor is the one I would get as well. If the reviews are positive I may have to pick one up.

No worries at all. I’ll try and get some more pics posted later. The action is about what you expect from CA. It starts out a little rough. I have a 2 yr old classic and it was the same way, and it is smooth as silk now. I would assume this one will behave similarly. The cheek height and LOP are pretty easy to adjust. Each one has 2 Allen head bolts and they don’t require much torque to snug. The stock doesn’t “lock” in the nested position, but it does have a strong magnet that holds the stock in place. I am sure if you hung the stock on a tree limb hard enough it would swing free, but as of now, I think it will be satisfactory for most people. In the locked position, the stock feels rock solid to me. Squaring up behind this rifle in a prone position is as comfortable as any other rifle I have that I shoot in the prone position with. One thing I’ve noticed, and I shoot a lot by dropping in one round and not using the magazine, is that by dropping one round into the action, the action doesn’t guide the round into the chamber as well as I would like. Maybe there’s a trick to it that I haven’t figured out yet, but as of right now it tends to block the round in this situation. Feeding from the magazine appears seamless though. The trigger is right at 3 lbs or just a hair above, but still breaks crisply. I believe with some adjustment, I will really like the trigger that comes with the rifle. I am going to break it in next week with factory loads (Winchester Match 142gr) and them begin my load development with it soon after. I am hoping to be able to run the Hornady 143gr ELD-X with IMR 4451 in Laupa brass. At least that is where I will begin. I’ll do my best to post my progress as I go along.

Thus far this rifle appeals to me more an AI, TRG, TAC A1, or anything else on the market.

The stock doesn't have to lock it sounds like it has a reasonable amount of detent and that's all I need. I'm glad to hear how well the stock shoulders especially given that Christensen seems to have made it very thin to give the rifle such a narrow profile. Looking at pictures of how flat and low drag the MPR is when stapped to the outside of a pack when the stock is folded it seems evident that Christensen put some thought into this rifle.

It's refreshing to see someone build a rifle and actually focus on weight the rest of the market is so largely disconnected from the fact that most rifles are needlessly overweight. Unless it's a competition gun where you want some weight the current crop of guns which are 15lb+ fully setup and ready to run are an unwelcome pain in the ass if doing anything more than just taking it from the truck to the firing line at the range. Not just that but they're damn near impossible to stabilize offhand.

It's like watching percision rifles evolve in the same way that AR's have evolved over the last 10yrs. Of course that process happened 1st in AR's due to their popularity. 10yrs ago AR manufacturers and owners were disconnected from the idea that weight matters just like percision rifle manufacturers and owners are today. It was common back then to see a guy show up in a forum and post pictures of a 10-12lb AR with a full pic rail, a 4" long MK18 style brake, a larger heavier optic than needed, a 1.5lb sling, a larger than needed light mounted, and an unnecessarily heavy stock and the guy would recieve complements on the gun even though he had usually choosen those parts for looks rather than function and use. Then with AR's just like now with percision rifles that was the direction that the marketing encouraged guys to go throwing any consideration of weight out the window. Then also in the AR world also like now with percision rifles anytime guys would complain about the weight of the accessories available and of the guns as a whole others would respond harshly and/or explain how it didn't matter. Then some AR manufacturers like Christensen came along with lightweight rifles. Others came along with lightweight AR rails, stocks, and other accessories which were a modern more evolved design that trimmed the necessary weight and material off the past offerings. The idea of being weight conscious with our carbines began to gain traction in the market with buyers and now if you show up to a forum and post a picture of a 10-12lb AR15 that's anything other than a retro MK18 build a few wise cracks may come your way. It's funny how the very ideals guys would fiercely advocate for and defend have become things they now mock and it was purely marketing and peer pressure that drove guys adopt their philosophies. It's nice to be able to see beyond the marketing or any other influences in the market and realize that percision rifles will likely evolve in the future in the same way AR's have especially regarding weight and realize that even though it's about time we had a rifle like this this rifle is probably ahead of it's time. Thank you for the info and I can't wait to hear back on how it shoots I'm also very interested in the 22" 6.5CM version. All indications so far are that Christensen has a big winner on their hands here.

Last edited:
Reactions: XOR
Couple more pics

Attachments

• photo83106.jpg
    photo83106.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 423
  • photo83107.jpg
    photo83107.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 410
In the first photo, I’ve shown the trigger group including the tension screw for pull adjustment. I turned the adjustment screw all the way until I could pull it out if I chose to. I wanted to see just how light the trigger would get without slam firing. I literally put 1/4 turn into the screw and it would not slam fire. Very light now. Light enough, in my opinion, for a Christensen to shoot properly as I feel a heavy-ish trigger tends to pull the muzzle off because of how light the rifle is.

In the second picture I have shown the magnet used for nesting the stock in the folded position. It looks a little nasty. I haven’t scrubbed on it yet to see if it is just grime or actual imperfections.

Picture 3 shows the stock and adjustment screws in more detail. Very simple to use and solid.

Attachments

• photo83114.jpg
    photo83114.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 303
  • photo83115.jpg
    photo83115.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 310
  • photo83116.jpg
    photo83116.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
First day shooting this rifle was pretty telling. Today was very windy here in Northeast Arkansas. 20 mph crosswind at my range. However, other than that I had a lot of fun with this rifle!

As stated in a previous post, I am breaking this rifle in with factory ammo. Winchester 140gr (think I said 142gr in previous post) Match to be specific.

All shots are at 100 yds. Middle dot is where I did my first 10 rds and swabbing in between. After the first 10, I began shooting 3 shot groups to burn the remaining 10 rds (I know the math doesn’t add up, I cheated and shot 4 rds on the last group).

The top left dot was group 1. After shooting this group, I thought WOW it’s idiot proof! Vertical relationship between shots is virtually nil, only a small deviation horizontally. Approx 0.4”.

Second group is top right dot. This group made me realize the rifle isn’t in fact idiot proof, but that I definitely need a better setup for shooting load development groups before I begin LD. Lol. One flyer, my fault, but a decent grouping for factory ammo in my opinion. ONE THING TO NOTE: Between shots 2 and 3 in this group, the bolt wouldn’t grab the next round (forgot to mention: first 10 rds were dropped into magazine one at a time. 3-shot groups were from magazine) and I realized the mag had come loose from the rifle. I hope this doesn’t happen often.

Third group not much much different than the second. I need a more stable bag for shooting accurately. However, it’s at least in the ballpark, and if I can do this with factory ammo, I have no doubts that I’ll have this baby within 1/2” before I even finish my Christmas shopping!

Overall the first day with her was a blast! Very fun rifle to shoot, and she’s beautiful to boot! I know the New hasn’t worn off at this point, but I did take my competition rifle to shoot while my barrel cooled and to use as a control in determining the feel of this rifle, and I can say with 100% confidence, this WILL be my favorite hunting rifle, hands down. If it had a suppressor on the end (will have in about 7-8 months) it would even potentially shoot well enough to compete with. I know, that’s a tall statement, but that’s how good my first impression is with it.

I will continue to post as I get more range time with it, until everyone has had an opportunity to spend time with their own or you guys tell me you’re tired of hearing me rattle!

Attachments

• photo83117.jpg
    photo83117.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
How much does it weigh and how does it handle? What height rings are those? I assume 56mm objective on the scope?

Thanks for the review and pictures.

Btwnbeats Thank you for your detailed pictures and initial impressions. Its nice to actually get some feedback on this rifle. I'd suggest you try the one of the new American Rfile Co mags if you get a chance. I have personally seen these mags cure single loading problems in two different rifles, a Mausingfield and a Ruger Precision Rfile. On both of these guns, single loading 1 round on top of an empty mag resulted in the bullet tip jamming into the breech face below the chamber entrance. The ARC mag cured the problem because the feed lips present the round at a more raised angle compared to AICS mags and all of the generics. Just thought I'd mention trying one if you get the chance. Keep us posted on future outings!

How much does it weigh and how does it handle? What height rings are those? I assume 56mm objective on the scope?

Thanks for the review and pictures.

You know, the one thing I did not do, and should have, was weigh the rifle before mounting my optic. I haven’t mounted it for the final time yet, so when I take it down to locktite everything I’ll try and remember to weigh it.

The rifle handles really well. It is taking some getting used to because I am not used to a chassis rifle. I still need to figure out what to do with my off hand in dealing with a skeletonized stock. I am more stable with it than I would be with a standard stock of the same weight l, I feel, though.

Scope is a Swarovski X5 5-25/56, and the rings I am using are Nightforce Ultralight High rings. I have mediums on my classic with a NF SHV with a 56mm objective, but there is a barrel taper on the Classic that is not there on the MPR. You will need to run a slightly taller ring on this rifle because the fore guard completely covers the barrel and therefore leaves less room for larger objectives. Hope that made sense.

spelunk thank you for the information about those ARC mags! I am dealing with that exact problem you described. In order to drop in one round you have to actually toss the round up into the chamber to clear the breech face. Smooth as silk feeding from the mag, but as you said, not enough upward angle on the mag itself to effectively guide the round into the chamber without contacting the breech face if rounds are dropped in one at a time.

Day 2 at the range. Again more crosswind today, but I don’t think it affected me like it did 2 days ago.

I removed my optic this weekend and mounted it again for the final time. This time I used locktite and don’t intend on moving it again. Since I mounted my scope again, POI shifted slightly right as you can see in the first picture. However the group I shot in this picture was 0.375”. This group was shot with Hornady Black 140gr ammo. You won’t find this ammo anywhere but Academy Sports as it is made specifically and exclusively for Academy Sports. I feel as if this rifle liked that particular cartridge a little (and I mean a LITTLE) better than the Winchester Match 140’s.

The second group was with the Winchesters. This group measured just a hair I’ve 1/2”. I want to say it was 0.575”.

NOTE: The mag is still coming unseated from the rifle. It happened about 3 times to me today. Seems to happen after about the third shot in succession. I would slap it back in and roll on. Going to definitely look to get some of the ARC mags to try.

All in all, I am very pleased with the rifle! I’ve had to calm myself down before shooting because my heart rate climbs on me in anticipation of shooting it, and I find my groups widen out. Kinda crazy that I’m that excited about shooting this rifle, but that’s exactly where I’m at with it.

My recommendation for anyone shooting factory loads. I’m quite sure there are other cartridges that will shoot equally well, but the two I’ve shot did very well. One is a match projectile BTHP and the other is a BTHP, but I don’t believe it is considered a match round, therefore, I would have a hard time recommending shooting either of these at game. I would look to find some kind of a bonded bullet or ballistic tip for hunting purposes, specific to which game you intend on hunting. I anticipate beginning load development very soon, so I will post any progress I have with regards to that.

Thanks for the comments, and if anyone has any questions about the rifle moving forward, don’t hesitate to ask!

Attachments

• photo83320.jpg
    photo83320.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 169
  • photo83322.jpg
    photo83322.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 167
That's concerning reference the magazine, hope it's just that particular mag? Any chance the release is getting bumped? I would mark that magazine to see if others do the same thing. Accuracy looks great!

That's concerning reference the magazine, hope it's just that particular mag? Any chance the release is getting bumped? I would mark that magazine to see if others do the same thing. Accuracy looks great!

I can say with a pretty fair bit of confidence that it isn’t getting bumped, but the release lever has very little tension, so I’m wondering if it’s simply recoil that may be causing the lever to move enough to release the mag.

Guess we will see when mine arrives, it's going to rock more. Hope it's an oddity or they will need to upgrade the spring.

I just bought a 24" in 6.5 creedmoor. Yes you read that correctly. 24". It was a special order through a distributor. Should be in sometime after Xmas. I plan to shoot 140 ELD and 143 precision hunter factory hornany ammo through it. May try the new 147 ELD as well if I get my hands on a box. Will post back with results.

Also as an FYI on CA in general I have a 28 Nosler Ridgeline I finally got a load dialed in for. Shoots sub-1/2 MOA at 100. Shot a 5 round group the other day that must have measured in the low .3's.

Last edited:
This thing is just getting stupid!!!

Attachments

• photo84002.jpg
    photo84002.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 366
Dang bro! Good news. How's the mag issue?

I had honestly forgotten about the mag issue. I’ve shot around 60 rds or so since the last time I mentioned it and it hasn’t happened since.

I shot another 1/4” group this afternoo, but it was with only 38.5 gr of IMR 4451 pushing a 143gr ELD-X. Avg velocity was only around 2450. I’m sure I can find a node at a higher speed, but I’m getting a few bulged primers at around 2700 fps. I don’t have any other signs of higher pressure, but I’m a little scared to push it much further than that. I’m using CCI 400’s right now and they may have a softer cup than the 450’s do. Any experience with that?

I've only used the 400's and BR4's, no issues. Using the BR4 in a couple warm AR loads, no problems.

Here’s some pics for you guys. Sorry the flash kinda makes it look weird. Any requests let me know. This is a 24” 6.5 Creedmoor. I was worried it was going to be too long for hunting with a suppressor but after mounting it I think it’s going to be just about perfect. Gun balances incredibly well. Fit and finish is great. Bolt is a super slick melonite. Only things I could see as issues is the mag catch seems very light. It’s just held in by a roll pin so if the mags pop out I could see this as a very easy spring upgrade. Trigger is a trigger tech and once adjusted as light as it goes feels great. I’d guess it’s at about 2.5-3 lbs with my calibrated finger. The mag does wobble a good bit when empty. Once loaded up this issue goes away from the mag spring tension against the bolt. Again I’m trying to be extremely critical of the gun because I really can’t find much of anything bad about it. If it shoots as half as good as it looks it’s gonna be a real winner. The folding stock is very smooth and locks up rigid with no discernible play. The magnet does an awesome job holding it in place. You have to really try to open it up and it wouldn’t happen accidentally as far as I could see. The bolt, shroud, and knob are fluted. The handle is lightened. Attention to detail is great. The handgaurd has like 8 screws holding it in. It’s not going anywhere. I was worried about the carbon with the m-lok and damaging the handgaurd. It’s again a non-issue. I attached a sling mount and it’s solid. The rifle also comes with an mlok rail on the bottom with a sling attachment Point which was very nice of them to include. It also comes with a tunable muzzle brake that’s extremely nice. I’m going to likely move it to a match gun where I don’t use a can. This rifle is a hell of a value for the price I paid.

If this rifle shoots as good as my ridgeline it’s going to force Q to drop the fix to 2400 bucks or I really don’t see people spending the extra money for them. The Christensen also probably doesn’t have as much POI impact shift with a can on it due to the rigid thick carbon barrel.

If anyone more computer savy wants to embed this pics have at it. Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

https://ibb.co/kgcmzw
https://ibb.co/h38gXG
https://ibb.co/mdon6b
https://ibb.co/conrXG
https://ibb.co/eZfZmb
https://ibb.co/jO6JCG
https://ibb.co/g11JCG
https://ibb.co/dxbUKw
https://ibb.co/iSrJCG
https://ibb.co/jVCEmb
https://ibb.co/eBXrXG
https://ibb.co/guEMXG
https://ibb.co/kHMPmb

The carbon in the handguard really stands out in yours. Please let us know how it shoots.

As an update the mag release issue is fixed. Super simple fix. Knock the roll pin out, pull the spring to stretch a few coils, then reassemble. There’s now adequate sprig tension on the mag release and I don’t think any mags will be popping out. Took 2 minutes to fix.

As an update the mag release issue is fixed. Super simple fix. Knock the roll pin out, pull the spring to stretch a few coils, then reassemble. There’s now adequate sprig tension on the mag release and I don’t think any mags will be popping out. Took 2 minutes to fix.

Won't that spring return to it's original position very shortly? I would rather install a new one if taking out the pin.

quick search
https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/cutting-coil-springs-4/

Last edited:
Won't that spring return to it's original position very shortly? I would rather install a new one if taking out the pin.

quick search
https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/cutting-coil-springs-4/

No it will not return to its originally position. By stretching the spring I plastically deformed the metal such that it will never return to its original position so long as the stress applied remains in the elastic stress region (which is how all spring operate). Essentially what I did was I changed the “x” in the spring formula Force=k*x. By making the spring longer by plastically deforming it the x (linear amount of strain) increases and thus the force increases.

That said you could replace the spring to either a thicker diameter wire or a longer spring to accomplish the same thing. Either solution fixes the problem the same. Hopefully that helps. Been awhile since I went to engineering school.

No it will not return to its originally position. By stretching the spring I plastically deformed the metal such that it will never return to its original position so long as the stress applied remains in the elastic stress region (which is how all spring operate). Essentially what I did was I changed the “x” in the spring formula Force=k*x. By making the spring longer by plastically deforming it the x (linear amount of strain) increases and thus the force increases.

That said you could replace the spring to either a thicker diameter wire or a longer spring to accomplish the same thing. Either solution fixes the problem the same. Hopefully that helps. Been awhile since I went to engineering school.

Well, I never went to that school, but it makes sense. I need to call Eurooptic today to check on mine.

Shot mine today out to 800 yards. Accuracy seems to be pretty impressive with factory Hornady ammo. However the eld match seemed to have a decent bit of velocity spread

Still driving tacks for me. I’ve settled in at 41.0 gr IMR 4451 in front of a hornady 143 gr ELD-X, seated to 2.830”. I’m going to stretch it out this coming week a little and see if my chronograph and Kestrel like each other....

Attachments

• photo84647.jpg
    photo84647.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 210
Is this limited to EuroOptic or will other retailers have them? Their website lists Cabelas' in "Where to Buy" so I'm hoping it shows up there. I have a ton of club points to use up and they could save me a big chunk on getting one of these.

Last edited:
Guys,

As you can see from the target pics, these things are hammers - have heard multiple reports from other shooters who received some of the first ones we had come in. This is what we saw in Moab - little suckers seemed to be holding 1/2MOA or better at the 860 target!

Told you that you would like them! :p:cool:

Jason

Nice rifle! These are starting to trickle into Canada and I'm thinking about getting one. I'm a lefty though, the right side of the cheek piece looks pretty short, do you think it would provide enough surface area for a proper cheek weld for a lefty?

Didn’t shoot groups today but stretched the 143 precision hunter out to 790 yards on an 18” gong. Went 6/6 on it.