• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christensen Modern Precision Rifle

I was looking at getting a Tikka TAC A1 but I'm now thinking I'll save up a bit more and go for this rifle. Does anyone have an idea of if Cabela's will stock or special order it? Got my club points + got some late Christmas present Cabela's gift cards to use.

(Apologies to EuroOptic who started the tread and made me aware of this,I'd buy from them if I didn't have $400+ in Cabela's points & cards to help reduce out of pocket costs)

I am looking at this and the Bergara LPR elite. I have a concern that the Modern Precision Rifle might be too light to seee the impact of the bullet on target. (Barrel Jump)

What has been your experience been?

I shoot suppressed usually so it’s not an issue. The extra weight of the cam on a 24” barrel eliminates all jump. It comes with a very nice tunable muzzle brake with 4 threaded ports on top to tune. I would absolutely take this rifle over a bergara.

I used 140 eld and 143 eld x. I didn’t shoot for groups but I was consistently hitting an 18” gong at 800 yards 6 for 6 and I was hitting a 33% ipsc target at 558 yards consistently.

I looked at the new rifle in person today and boy was I impressed to say the least. It looked like the barrel was the 6.5 CM in the 26" length. It looks like they include the muzzle break in that length? It was around 27". I also fondled the 308 16" and all I can say is WOW! One of the lightest rifles I've ever held. Trigger on both was fantastic! Without shooting either one I'd say they have a winner? Unlike Q, the rifle is available to look at your local gun shop.

What height rings are you using? Doesn't look like they need to be quite as high as AR height.

I think they were high like 1.26" maybe. I'd have to check. I always err on the side of high because almost every gun I own has an adjustable cheek piece. Including this rifle. Not a big deal getting it low as I use ballistic computers that account for sight height.

I was looking at getting a Tikka TAC A1 but I'm now thinking I'll save up a bit more and go for this rifle. Does anyone have an idea of if Cabela's will stock or special order it? Got my club points + got some late Christmas present Cabela's gift cards to use.

(Apologies to EuroOptic who started the tread and made me aware of this,I'd buy from them if I didn't have $400+ in Cabela's points & cards to help reduce out of pocket costs)

To answer my own question - I contacted Christensen and they said that Cabela's can order them with currently a 12 week delay. Think I know where I'm headed tomorrow...

I broke my 22” Creed in with winchester Match 140’s and Hornady Black 140’s and both were shooting 1/2 MOA @100 yds.

Btwn... Your accuracy is encouraging. Have you tested with longer strings of shots or only cold bore? I know the CF barrels are supposed to remain true, but reading some things in the past about christenens opening up while hot gives me pause.

Also, have you (or any other owners) by chance taken the chassis off and examined mounting/mating surface quality?

I picked up my 22" 6.5 Creedmoor today that I ordered from Euro Optic, and found a few boxes of factory Federal Gold Medal 130gr Berger ammo on the way back. With a borrowed S&B 5-25 from another rifle put 20 rounds through it zeroing and shot 3x 5 round groups.

Initial impressions, it's a very nice rifle and IMO a phenomenal value. Everything is smooth on it and well fit. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting much out of a "semi custom" grade chassis rifle with a carbon barrel for a tick over $2K but I'm impressed. The trigger is very nice (although I'lll probably switch it for a 2 stage), breaks around 3.5lbs, very crisp and I love the flat shoe. Action is very smooth, feeding, extraction, and ejection was smooth and positive for the 20 rounds I shot. The muzzle brake is very effective, I shot it without removing any of the tuning plugs and recoil was extremely mild. The chassis is well done, the adjustments all work as they should, the folder locks up tight and is smooth to operate. The forend has a little flex as you would probably expect but nothing substantial or enough to come in contact with the barrel.

Only 20 rounds so far with one type of factory ammo but the gun seems very accurate. Zeroing and shooting I could certainly see accuracy improving both from getting a few rounds on the gun and me learning grip and finger position. The first 5 round group after zeroing was rather unimpressive but group #2 and #3 both tightened up nice to just over 1/2moa. Groups were mostly horizontal which I expected due to the 20+mph wind gusts we're having.

I'll shoot some more tomorrow and hopefully wind will cooperate a little more but so far I'm very satisfied with the rifle and it far exceeds my expectations. I foresee this rifle wearing a TBAC Ultra 7 and a NF 4-16x42 and taking a lot of critters. If the rifle performs how I believe it will I see myself taking it to some local matches either.

G9FPgrG.jpg

Glad I stumbled upon this, was thinking of a Savage 10/110 BA STEALTH EVOLUTION or a Ruger RPR but I think I like this new Christianson MPR better and since I prefer lighter weight rifles this may be worth the few extra hundred dollars. Will have to put this on my list after I build my next large frame AR... the 22" 6.5CM would be just the ticket I think...

I picked up my 22" 6.5 Creedmoor today that I ordered from Euro Optic, and found a few boxes of factory Federal Gold Medal 130gr Berger ammo on the way back. With a borrowed S&B 5-25 from another rifle put 20 rounds through it zeroing and shot 3x 5 round groups.

Initial impressions, it's a very nice rifle and IMO a phenomenal value. Everything is smooth on it and well fit. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting much out of a "semi custom" grade chassis rifle with a carbon barrel for a tick over $2K but I'm impressed. The trigger is very nice (although I'lll probably switch it for a 2 stage), breaks around 3.5lbs, very crisp and I love the flat shoe. Action is very smooth, feeding, extraction, and ejection was smooth and positive for the 20 rounds I shot. The muzzle brake is very effective, I shot it without removing any of the tuning plugs and recoil was extremely mild. The chassis is well done, the adjustments all work as they should, the folder locks up tight and is smooth to operate. The forend has a little flex as you would probably expect but nothing substantial or enough to come in contact with the barrel.

Only 20 rounds so far with one type of factory ammo but the gun seems very accurate. Zeroing and shooting I could certainly see accuracy improving both from getting a few rounds on the gun and me learning grip and finger position. The first 5 round group after zeroing was rather unimpressive but group #2 and #3 both tightened up nice to just over 1/2moa. Groups were mostly horizontal which I expected due to the 20+mph wind gusts we're having.

I'll shoot some more tomorrow and hopefully wind will cooperate a little more but so far I'm very satisfied with the rifle and it far exceeds my expectations. I foresee this rifle wearing a TBAC Ultra 7 and a NF 4-16x42 and taking a lot of critters. If the rifle performs how I believe it will I see myself taking it to some local matches either.

G9FPgrG.jpg

Thanks for the review. I was saving up for one of these but the Nucleus release kind of ruined those plans. I'm trying to decide whether I want to buy one of these for a hunting rifle, or just wait till the chassis is offered and put my own build in it.

Quick question: I notice the bold handle is swept like a R700. If it were straight, do you see any potential issues with the folding stock? I'm trying to figure out what actions would be compatible with it.

Thanks.

I have been looking at this MPR and the Tikka T3x Tac A1, I think it looks great and would buy this over the Tikka, but I am concerned with stuff I have read about the company's quality control issues in the past.

Thanks for the review. I was saving up for one of these but the Nucleus release kind of ruined those plans. I'm trying to decide whether I want to buy one of these for a hunting rifle, or just wait till the chassis is offered and put my own build in it.

Quick question: I notice the bold handle is swept like a R700. If it were straight, do you see any potential issues with the folding stock? I'm trying to figure out what actions would be compatible with it.

Thanks.

The only logical answer is to get both. I’ve got a Nucleus ordered but it will be for a different route. If you built something similar you’d probably be $3K in the parts alone so this offers a greater value.

I can get a pic tomorrow with the stock folded to give you an idea of the window for the knob.

I have been looking at this MPR and the Tikka T3x Tac A1, I think it looks great and would buy this over the Tikka, but I am concerned with stuff I have read about the company's quality control issues in the past.

Their past issues were really just from the carbon wrapped technology not being quite there yet. Christesen Arms and Proof Research both have it ironed out now, they shoot.

Thanks. Next step is to contact a few of the local dealers to see if I can handle one.

Thanks.

Here's a couple pics for you to get an idea. I put a piece of painters tape in a straight line down from the front edge of the handle recess in the action. It looks like there's good clearance in the stocks window for a straight handled action even with a long knob. The only potential clearance issue I could see would be the carbon cheek piece but it would take a really fat knob and probably angled out a bit to hit. If it does the cheek piece could easily be trimmed to clear but I don't think any would actually hit it.

e3hTGyo.jpg

EMOteIA.jpg

Reactions: spife7980
Just handled several at SHOT Show. I really like it. Actually I love it. I think one in 6.5 will make a killer hunting rig. Fairly light, and the ability to fold it up and strap to my pack is very attractive.

How does the action compare to other customs? Are they custom level or does it feel more like a 700?

I put another 100+ rounds through the gun today.

I've come to the conclusion that the only complaint I have about this rife is the factory grip, it absolutely sucks. I swapped a MOE+ on which is much wider and it helped a lot. I will definitely be putting an MPA grip on it however.

The rifle continues to shoot great. I tried some more loads from Hornady, Winchester, and Federal today. Hornady 140 ELD and American Whitetail, Winchester 140gr Match, and more Federal Gold Medal. The Hornady and Winchester match loads were both very consistent with sub 1/2moa accuracy for both. The American Whitetail shot very well too with just over 1/2moa groups but nothing over 3/4moa.

The Federal Gold Medal turned out to be very inconsistent which is surprising. I guess I got lucky with a lot I had before but the 4 boxes I picked up at Walmart are 3 different lots. One box/lot shot little bitty groups with very low ES/SD but the other two lots were all over the place as far as accuracy and it translated on the chrono as well. One 10 shot string had an ES of 105fps and a SD of 34 which is terrible.

I plan to try Prime as it's been very consistent for me in the past. So long as it shoots well that's probably what I'll feed this rifle as I really don't want to have to load for another gun.

How does the action compare to other customs? Are they custom level or does it feel more like a 700?

They don't have that gritty, rough and clanky feeling that most 700's do if that's what you're wondering. It feels like a quality nitrided 700 style action, not sure how else to describe it. It's got a little more clearance than your typical Defiance which feels very tight to me. It's got a good fit, not sure how to describe it but may sorta like a Surgeon?

I doubt anyone is going to be disappointed by the feel of the action.

Does anyone know when the 6.5 PRC will be available?

When I had inquired about ordering one in 6.5CM they told me the lead time was about 12 weeks. I'd suspect the 6.5 PRC is at least that much. They are very responsive to email though so I'd just drop them a note and see what they say.

I've had to back off plans for ordering one but with their announcements I was torn between 6.5 CM and PRC. I have a 7mm mag for larger game hunting so the MPR would be a 95% target and 5% deer rifle, so CM would likely be better choice. Going with 6.5 PRC might be good enough for Elk. A 300 NM would definitely take care of elk but I'm not sure I want to spend $4 every trigger pull and deal with the recoil. Maybe I just need a lotto ticket win and I can get one in 6.5CM and one in 300 NM with a big ass brake.

When I had inquired about ordering one in 6.5CM they told me the lead time was about 12 weeks. I'd suspect the 6.5 PRC is at least that much. They are very responsive to email though so I'd just drop them a note and see what they say.

I've had to back off plans for ordering one but with their announcements I was torn between 6.5 CM and PRC. I have a 7mm mag for larger game hunting so the MPR would be a 95% target and 5% deer rifle, so CM would likely be better choice. Going with 6.5 PRC might be good enough for Elk. A 300 NM would definitely take care of elk but I'm not sure I want to spend $4 every trigger pull and deal with the recoil. Maybe I just need a lotto ticket win and I can get one in 6.5CM and one in 300 NM with a big ass brake.

My 6.5 creed was at my dealer the next business day after I ordered it from Euro Optic. I’d guess they probably already have the 6.5 PRC’s on order as well especially since they’re showing on their website.

6.5 creed is also plenty for elk. I wouldn’t hesitate to take a shot on one out to 600 yards or so which is where I limit my shots on game regardless. A well placed shot will kill one just as dead as a magnum.

These are my thoughts exactly. I'll pick up a 300 WM and NM for my Barrett MRAD(260 rem is my target flavor). 6.5 PRC is the flavor I'd go with for sure. 80% Target, 20% hunting. I'm not sure about elk? I'm thinking about a Bergara HMR in 300 WM for elk at distance, next year.
I've been fantasizing about a AMG on top, not sure if I'd use a Spuhr or another mount?

Bullet I'd use would be 147 eld-m or new 155 berger?

I wanted a CA TFM in 338 LM forever(still), but the recoil. No thanks!!!

Reactions: knuckleballz
I've been fantasizing about a AMG on top, not sure if I'd use a Spuhr or another mount?

My plans had included an AMG but just mounted with rings as it seems counter to the approach of the "light" MPR to add unnecessary weight from a unimount vs just rings. But the weight difference in the Spuhr @ 7.8oz vs the Vortex matched rings at 2.1oz is 5.6 oz and I doubt I'd notice that difference.

My plans had included an AMG but just mounted with rings as it seems counter to the approach of the "light" MPR to add unnecessary weight from a unimount vs just rings. But the weight difference in the Spuhr @ 7.8oz vs the Vortex matched rings at 2.1oz is 5.6 oz and I doubt I'd notice that difference.
I did consider the night force ultra light uni-mount or their rings?

My thoughts are similar. Seems like a good medium between my .308 gas gun and my Lapua. Plenty of gun for antelope and deer at longer ranges.

Per Euro Optic, the new chamberings are on order and not too far out. Probably 2-3 months at most, so a little wait but IMO after getting one well worth the wait.

Reactions: j741
I got a deal on one today and picked up a 22" Creedmoor. I really like this rifle and hope it shoots like the ones on here. The markings on the adjustable stock and cheek piece are a nice touch. The cheek piece on mine was loose. I had to remove the 3 screws that hold it on, remove the locktite and reinstall. I don't know if I will be able to shoot it this weekend, but I'll report back when I do.

pXchdtp.jpg

skKRt2N.jpg

YyManK9.jpg

I got a deal on one today and picked up a 22" Creedmoor. I really like this rifle and hope it shoots like the ones on here. The markings on the adjustable stock and cheek piece are a nice touch. The cheek piece on mine was loose. I had to remove the 3 screws that hold it on, remove the locktite and reinstall. I don't know if I will be able to shoot it this weekend, but I'll report back when I do.

A deal is in under MSRP? Already on a recently announced rifle? Nice! I'm still working on liquidating others to be able to get the MPR in 24" 6.5. love seeing pics and interested to hear how it shoots.

What scope are you putting on it?

I wasn't aware of the markings on there. That's a nice touch and good attention to detail.

I just got the 16" .308 home and scope mounted. Question, if you know and to avoid me poking tools into the butt pad to find out, what tool head and size are the two screws holding the butt pad on?
I've never had a tunable brake, is there a method to tweak it? I will be doing load development as well once I get a zero and run about 100 or so factory rounds.
All I can say right now is I'm impressed to say the least. I really hope to see more from manufacturers along this line.

A deal is in under MSRP? Already on a recently announced rifle? Nice! I'm still working on liquidating others to be able to get the MPR in 24" 6.5. love seeing pics and interested to hear how it shoots.

What scope are you putting on it?

I wasn't aware of the markings on there. That's a nice touch and good attention to detail.

I paid right at MSRP but the discount wiped out the extra 160 bucks or so in taxes I would have had to pay. I was going to order from Euro Optic buy they were sold out and said it could be 2-3 weeks before they get more.

The scope is a PST gen II 3-15 FFP.

I'm going to brake it in with the muzzle brake but need to remove it eventually so I can run with the suppressor.

This may be a dumb question, but I'm really interested in purchasing this rifle in the 22" 6.5CM. I like the idea of it being light and portable but have a few concerns. The biggest question, would this be a suitable rifle to shoot a PRS event with? I have never shot one, but am interested in doing so. I am also undecided on optic options. I like the Vortex Razor GenII 4.5-27 but I know its heavy. I'm also considering the new Eotech Vudu 5-25 thats coming out because of the lighter weight and compactness of it. And the NF ATACR is also a serious contender, falling in the middle, weight wise. I want the setup to be multipurpose; match shooting (completely new to me), target shooting to distance (farther than my .308), and hunting. Please educate me.

Reactions: Rate_of_Twist
They don't have that gritty, rough and clanky feeling that most 700's do if that's what you're wondering. It feels like a quality nitrided 700 style action, not sure how else to describe it. It's got a little more clearance than your typical Defiance which feels very tight to me. It's got a good fit, not sure how to describe it but may sorta like a Surgeon?

I doubt anyone is going to be disappointed by the feel of the action.

Hate to say it but I was not impressed with the action I felt at dsc. it was really loose with a lot of slop imo. My horizon rebarrel feels much better

This may be a dumb question, but I'm really interested in purchasing this rifle in the 22" 6.5CM. I like the idea of it being light and portable but have a few concerns. The biggest question, would this be a suitable rifle to shoot a PRS event with? I have never shot one, but am interested in doing so. I am also undecided on optic options. I like the Vortex Razor GenII 4.5-27 but I know its heavy. I'm also considering the new Eotech Vudu 5-25 thats coming out because of the lighter weight and compactness of it. And the NF ATACR is also a serious contender, falling in the middle, weight wise. I want the setup to be multipurpose; match shooting (completely new to me), target shooting to distance (farther than my .308), and hunting. Please educate me.

It’s more of a dual purpose do it all rifle, if you’re doing a lot of match shooting it wouldn’t be my first choice due to relatively light weight and cost to rebarrel. Weight is your friend on a comp gun.

With that said I absolutely wouldn’t hesitate to use it to get your feet wet in matches and figure out exactly what you want in a comp gun and then retire it to a hunting rifle and backup rifle. It will fill that role wonderfully.

Unfortunately you’re not going to find a rifle that’s going to make a great lighter weight hunting rifle AND competition rifle, you’re going to sacrifice something somewhere. The ideal setup is two separate rifles and as I said this would fill the hunting role very well as well as provide a backup comp rifle.

Hate to say it but I was not impressed with the action I felt at dsc. it was really loose with a lot of slop imo. My horizon rebarrel feels much better

Not sure what a horizon rebarrel is but these actions are far from sloppy unless you’re referring to the wiggle when the bolt is all the way rearward and all Remington 700 style actions do that because of the little bit of bolt in the raceway. Even the tightest actions that will hang up with the slightest introduction of debris still experience this, just the nature of the beast. The tolerances are still relatively tight, any tighter and it wouldn’t make a good field rifle.

I got out to shoot mine today but ran into some problems. I had 7 rounds of American Eagle match 140's that I was going to burn up and everything went good. I used 2 rounds to get a rough zero and shot a 3 round group @ 1.1" and the other 2 @ 0.65". Not super but not terrible and I wasn't very stable. Next I moved to some 120 ELD's I had left over from my Tikka.....and they wouldn't chamber. Like I couldn't move the bolt forward the last 1/4". Well fuck....went home and got out the OAL gage and calipers and after a while found out this rifle has a tight throat....like really tight. I have some 140 Matchkings that measure .263" with my calipers and with enough persuasion can get one pushed in to the lands. It also takes a little persuasion to get back out, but it fits. I tried that with a 120 Eld that measures .2635" and it's a no-go. I grabbed another ELD, chucked it in my drill and took some 320 grit sandpaper to it till it measured .2625" and it will slide into the lands. I loaded 2 dummy rounds with the ELD's and did the old sharpie trick. You can see in the pic where the regular ELD hits and prevents chambering and where the sanded one chambers but still drags a little.

gwpniqJ.jpg

I don't know whether I should buy more factory American Eagle ammo and shoot to see if it gets better or to send it back. Kinda sucks when you spend this much money and shit doesn't work. Wonder if it was cut with a worn out reamer or what? Let me know what you guys think.

Think vortex AMG!