• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christensen Modern Precision Rifle

jb1000br

Jason@EuroOptic
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2001
On my Belly
Christensen Modern Precision Rifle

While there is no shortage of chassis rifles out there, after getting hands on Christensen's version for the first time tonight it was clear to me that they knocked it out of the park on this one. On top of all the right features, they killed it on the price also - retail is UNDER $2300!

The buttstock is adjustable for LOP and comb height and folds to the right. Stainless action with fluted bolt/knob and extended handle, AICS mag compatibility, hand-lapped carbon fiber wrapped barrel, left side cut-out for smoother reload, great trigger, m-lok compatibility, and comes threaded 5/8x24 with the brake shown. Oh yea, the weight runs from 6.9 - 7.9lbs!

Tomorrow we get to stretch it out at the range so will report back after that!

First run of rifles will be delivered starting in November (yes, of this year) and will initially consist of 6.5 Creed in 22" and 26" flavor and 16", 20" and 24" in 308 Win.

Will post more details on our blog as internet speed allows - only 1megabit here outside Moab UT, and about 1000 people are sharing it right now!

MORE PICS and review details added here as internet speed allows! - CA Modern Precision Rifle

Jason

Attachments

• photo74584.jpg
    photo74584.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 4,328
Last edited:
That chassis looks awesome! Would be a great way to build a hunting rig.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got some good video and pics today and the rifle performed as expected. I love it so far. Will be a great multi-purpose rig and is plenty light and compact enough to be a great hunting rig as well. Multiple repeated hits on a 2/3 IPSC at 860...which took an early impact and immediately tilted it at a glancing angle where it was only presenting an 8-10" frontal surface. Will have to wait until back to good internet to share - hopefully friday. So overall, while it only have a 1MOA guarantee, I fully suspect it will be capable of 1/2 or better with no issues.

Jason

Dang, just when I thought my mind was settled on my next rifle this happens. I want to get my hands on one to try out.

Seriously considering selling my new MATEN for one of these. Do you guys do trade ins?

Very nice looking piece... I'd be interested in a comparison to a Q Fix (the Fix certainly seems to be more expensive).

Posting here to see what you guys think of this thing. I'm also torn btwn the fix and this MPR

I've looked at a few Christensen rifles with the carbon fiber barrel and they're nice. They have carbon fiber stocks that look like they're pretty close to a Manners quality wise.

I'd like to handle one of their chassis to see if it's as nice as their other stuff.

Guys, we finally got the part# info etc from them so the versions are up on the site - we can actually take backorders now.

Christensen Arms MPR Options

Trying to make the chassis-only a possibility as well, but still working on that. Will report back on that as soon as I can.

Thanks!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fchristensenarms%2Fvideos%2F10155525225884543%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

honestly the hand guard is ugly... does it have vents other than what is below the barrel?

honestly the hand guard is ugly... does it have vents other than what is below the barrel?

I think the handguard looks fine... And I like how it is not vented on top; that should help keep mirage under control.

Very interesting package overall, at a heck of a price point.

I have Christensen Ridgelines in 6.5 Creedmoor and 300 Win Mag. Both are 3/4" or less guns at 100 yds. The 300 win mag was a recent purchase for elk hunting later this year. It weighs 9 lb 2 oz with a NF Atacr 4-16x50. One thing I have noticed about both of mine, is that there is virtually no cold bore shift, which is important to me in a hunting rifle. I would not hesitate to buy another Christensen.

Reactions: Pyroduck
Has anyone heard any new news on this rifle? Reviews or a release date? Anything? I think this will make a great 600ish yard and in hunting rifle for deer. The 22" 6.5 creedmoor with a 3-18 Leupold VX-6hd should come in under 9lbs.... Even if you add an atlas bipod you're only at like 9.5 lbs.

Really like the looks of this. What's the verdict on Christensen rifles?

I have a Carbon Classic in .308. and really like it. I think they are fantastic hunting rifles. Mine shoots 0.4” 5-shot groups, and like mentioned earlier, it has virtually no cold-bore shift. It probably isn’t the best target rifle, unless you have a suppressor for weight. They are difficult to hold steady at long-range because they are so light.

I have ave an MPR ordered in 6.5 CM w/22” barrel as we speak. Any new information on the expected shipping dates would be much appreciated!

Guys,

I checked in with Christensen and they are supposed to deliver our first batch before Thanksgiving! I am pretty excited about this rifle and plan to wring out one of the 22" 6.5 Creeds when they arrive - will be a nice way to save 6-8 lbs off my AX setup if I want something lighter! --> AX a.k.a. Chunk!

If you want to grab one, let me know!

​​​​​​​Jason

I'm torn, 16" .308 or a 22" 6.5CM. If they offered the 6.5 in 20" it would be easy. Maybe I will just do a 20" .308, dang it!

I'm interested in the 22" 6.5 creed. It's either this or a FIX. I think we all know which one we will actually be available to buy.

I have lusted after their TFM in 6.5,308,338 LM. I love that stock.

Anybody heard anything more on the timeline for delivery? Any more recent reviews/pics besides the stuff from October?

Do you think if we call 3x on the unholy ghost of Christensen Arms, that they would appear to update us? I doubt it but man I wish we knew more.

Haha! I commented on one of their Facebook posts a couple of days ago and they replied back with “...we expect to begin shipping in a few weeks, and we will make a formal announcement at that time...” To be honest, I was hoping for a more concrete time frame than “a few weeks.” Maybe they will begin shipping after Thanksgiving, but my bet is before Christmas at best.

Woot! on order with Eurooptic! 16" .308 Just want a short, light and accurate hammer, will be a fun rifle, thanks Euro! Pairing a PST II 3-15 with it.

Woot! on order with Eurooptic! 16" .308 Just want a short, light and accurate hammer, will be a fun rifle, thanks Euro! Pairing a PST II 3-15 with it.

The hardest part IMO will be the wait. I went the exact same direction you did but went with the Vortex Razor HD LH 1.5-8 x 32 to keep weight down as much as possible while still having Japanese glass. I'm thinking about scope rings/mount now for 1" size tube...

Reactions: TCOmega
Should only be 3-4 weeks I guess. I would like to get it before the end of hunting season so I can take her out for the last week which is the first week of Jan. Yeah, the scope, for the features I want, can't see past the one I listed. Price is a factor as well right now-I know-look at the rifle cost.

Really want one of these. All my guns have chassis/AR ergos except my hunting rifles. I never feel as comfortable behind them as my precision guns.

Buck season has come so it looks like I won't be picking one up till next year. Doesn't have to be early next year now either. I'm hoping for a version in 7 SAUM or 300 WSM. It would make me feel a bit more comfortable for bear hunting.

UPDATE - CA is telling us first shipments are going out to us next week!

As for screws, should be 6x48, but will post if that turns out to be different.

Jason

UPDATE - CA is telling us first shipments are going out to us next week!

As for screws, should be 6x48, but will post if that turns out to be different.

Jason

I'm #4 on the 16", hope you guys get at least that many!