• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cigar thread 2.0

If memory is right this is 19 years 9 months old. Was not a huge fan with the first 4 but this one has developed nicely since the birth of my son.

Attachments

• 20210118_155909.jpg
    20210118_155909.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: Tallahassee
They aren't scary. If you handled the 40th Anniversary, the Opus X Belicoso is no problem... Or am I just trying to talk you into trying one?

I almost had one. Needed a good night of sleep and didn't want the nicotine, so smoked this Siglo V (in Canada where legal, of course,) instead.

Fantastic cigar. I know Switchblade is not a fan, but I found this cigar to be rich, smooth, and delicious. The flavor is tough to place, something sweet, but a truly great smoke.

I paired with a Sidecar. A questionable choice, it seemed like a better idea than it was in practice. The two didn't compliment each other.

-BM
This one will turn ya green if you not careful. I know from experience.

It’s 70° and 90% humidity here in New Braunfels tonight. Getting into a gifted Rock-A-Feller Maduro. Hoping it doesn’t explode before I’m done lol.
1F7B8DC3-DB29-4A06-B6D2-B668932E7CB6.jpeg

You have pretty good taste in cigars without a doubt, but that citrus plant in the background of the last couple of pics makes me jealous. It’s February.
Lol. I'm in San Diego, so it's a little more temperate here in the winters. Though today we may not make it to 70F. Brrr.... 🤪

That tangerine tree has been a head scratcher though. One year it gets a heavy yield, the next year a pittance. The lime and mandarin orange can be the same, but with fewer lean years. And the lemons are pretty constant now, now that they've matured a bit.

The trick will be figuring how to do this in Montana when I retire...there seems to be a few options I will explore as I get closer to leaving this urban liberal insanity.

Lol. I'm in San Diego, so it's a little more temperate here in the winters. Though today we may not make it to 70F. Brrr.... 🤪

That tangerine tree has been a head scratcher though. One year it gets a heavy yield, the next year a pittance. The lime and mandarin orange can be the same, but with fewer lean years. And the lemons are pretty constant now, now that they've matured a bit.

The trick will be figuring how to do this in Montana when I retire...there seems to be a few options I will explore as I get closer to leaving this urban liberal insanity.
Some friends in Lubbock are having amazing results with growing citrus and orchids in greenhouses. They have heaters in the coldest times but they get it done and it is a thing of beauty.

Reactions: MarinePMI
PXL_20210203_203754659.jpg

A Hemingway and a glass of Elijah Craig to celebrate the final tuning
on the motor for the woman's 66 Oldsmobile. It makes 550 ft lbs and 490 HP. We backed down the carb to a 650 and played with the jets to keep it streetable for a daily driver. 480 ft lbs and 392 hp on the dyno.

Starting the Sunday off with an Oscuro Maduro 4x44 Minuteman. Counts as breakfast if I get hints of coffee, right?

9F8C37CF-67FB-4D05-95D9-6F10E437E49B.jpeg

Does anyone here subscribe to the Privada cigar club? Wondering if the quality is worth the price.

You guys are a bad influence. I went ahead and ordered a box of CAO Brazilia Lambadas and a CAO sampler...been a while since I tried something new (well, a few months at least). I'm kinda looking forward to these...

Mate, you’ll love ‘em. It’s disappointing that they’re pretty hard to find in the UK without a ridiculous price mark up

Come on guys, 3 in a row from me? Y’all gotta be smoking something!

Shop owner who carries our sticks was kind enough to pass along this one for me to try, it’s a Leaf by James. (Not to be confused with Leaf by Oscar)

Medium spiced dark Habano wrapper ( I think) and a very dark core filler. Draws smooth and soft, kind of a mix between cream and pepper if that make sense. Great so far in the first third.

34016E28-E77D-45BF-87FE-E93F08D6C42F.jpeg

Man I’m stuck on a ship until late April now and smoking is now verboten! I did order some Punch Short de Punch and Por Larranaga Montecristos, so I’ll be enjoying those when I get out the floating gulag.

• Sad
Cigar page has Nicaraguan overruns on sale, $38 for a bundle of 20. Going to roll the dice on them. The very least, I hope they are a good cigar for the shop.

Shop owner who carries our sticks was kind enough to pass along this one for me to try, it’s a Leaf by James. (Not to be confused with Leaf by Oscar)

Medium spiced dark Habano wrapper ( I think) and a very dark core filler. Draws smooth and soft, kind of a mix between cream and pepper if that make sense. Great so far in the first third.

View attachment 7567895
If that is your first oveja negra cigar I recommend trying them all lol by far my favorite brand. See if you can get a Emilio grimalkin

Just finished a RP Junior Maduro. I have had a box of them aging for two years now, and I’m still not impressed. Strong as hell, but taste more like rope tobacco than anything. Very monotone. I really want to like the RPs and keep trying them but I just can’t get there. Probably going to give these away to the occasional cigar beggars that show up.

First day in 2021 here in Iowa near 60 degrees, lit up a Partagas Series D No. 4 to celebrate.

Reactions: Athos300
Digging into the past for this guy, Nomad 8613.

1EDB9436-F6A1-430B-9C27-735C8F67E2F0.jpeg