• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater City of Lies

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Recorded this sort of by accident a couple of weeks ago. But it is a sort of docudrama on the Notorious BIG and Suge Knight and Rampart scandal in the LAPD about 20 years ago.

I never followed any of it, though did know about all the rappers shooting each other at the time. But never the back story or that the 'mysteries' were still not solved.

So far, I've watched the movie about 3 times and am still not sure of all the connections... but what a shitshow! Reading Wiki entries along with the movie helps.

But it's an interesting movie. Shows how badly the LAPD suffered after their 'changes in background checks for new officers' following Rodney King. Cost the city 125M in settlements and I think they are still paying.

It's worth a watch... numerous movies were 'loosely' based on the Rampart scandal. Training Day, Crash and The Shield among them.

I didn't even realize that the 'lead' was played by Johnny Depp until I looked it up. Guy is a freaking chameleon! Must be all the red wine. Anyway, good flick. Interesting cultural background. Still a mystery.

Sirhr

Damn, I thought this was going to be about DC.

• Haha
Reactions: theLBC
Recorded this sort of by accident a couple of weeks ago. But it is a sort of docudrama on the Notorious BIG and Suge Knight and Rampart scandal in the LAPD about 20 years ago.

I never followed any of it, though did know about all the rappers shooting each other at the time. But never the back story or that the 'mysteries' were still not solved.

So far, I've watched the movie about 3 times and am still not sure of all the connections... but what a shitshow! Reading Wiki entries along with the movie helps.

But it's an interesting movie. Shows how badly the LAPD suffered after their 'changes in background checks for new officers' following Rodney King. Cost the city 125M in settlements and I think they are still paying.

It's worth a watch... numerous movies were 'loosely' based on the Rampart scandal. Training Day, Crash and The Shield among them.

I didn't even realize that the 'lead' was played by Johnny Depp until I looked it up. Guy is a freaking chameleon! Must be all the red wine. Anyway, good flick. Interesting cultural background. Still a mystery.

Sirhr
Took your advice and watched this movie recently. It was better than I expected it to be and worth a watch.

Crazy how Suge Knight the CEO of Death Row Records had numerous LAPD officers on his payroll doing all kind of illegal shady gangster stuff.

Talk about a chameleon watch Black Mass where Depp played mobster Whitey Bulger who was in bed with the FBI. Could not tell that was Johnny Depp.

2DB5C177-26AD-4EC3-9A10-06B9644E9148.jpeg

Reactions: acudaowner
Both are good flicks.

Interesting side note on Whitey Bulger he was part of the CIA’s MK ULTRA program when he was in prison during the late 50’s.

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner