• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

(CLOSED) **ROUND3 !!** (100YARD+) , Bolt-Action, 6group, 30round SHOOTOUT!

No problem Mo. I should have figured that out earlier from all the other target posts. It was fun; funny how even a little pressure of competition can get to you. I would like to shoot again with my 22-250 and maybe the 308 shooting 168's instead of 175's if that is permissible. That's only if I can make it back to the range before this session closes.
Anyway, thanks for putting this all together! Here's the updated pics....

Please not the group at the top left is 5 rounds. The tattered hole had folded back, I folded back forward for the updated pic. You can now see it is 5 rounds. It shouldn't change the spread.

P.S. - my rifle is pictured on my cleaning stand. (I didn't and don't shoot from it.) I shoot off sand bags. Just wanted to mention it so there is no confusion. My rounds aren't threatening anyways.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
WildWill:

You don't get recoil bounce from the bi-pod shooting off a table or other hard flat surface? I tried it before and quit using a bipod for table shooting. I guess I didn't like the way it felt under recoil. Kinda jumpy to me. Went back to plain sand or shooting bags.

Couple of nice sets by the way!

That 308 Hospitaller is super sweet!

Last edited:
Name: heydogman
Rifle: XP-100 / Brux 6BRX
Average: .351 MOA
Best: .172 MOA
Worst: .457 MOA
suu8ug.jpg

That's superb shooting on both the rifle and the shooter's part. I'm hoping to get into reloading to improve my results. Maybe after hunting season next year. Too many critters to shoot between now and then.

Yes some very good shooting, you guys gettin low 3s and some 2s in your opinion is it possible to shoot like this w something other than a 6? Seems like the 6mm's are always on top. Just courious? I have shot several calibers and my best groups were from a 6 mm. Opinions please , thanks lazer

Thanks.To much vertical.Rifle is usually shot off a rest using 105's or 108's.Didn't take the time to run a seating depth test yet with the 80 Bergers so might be the load or the front bag.

Elite--agree completely about the bipod bounce on bench. I thought of that, brought a foam pad, which was a fail. I was a cluster as I had half of the gear I use for F/TR which I couldn't get the height right so was squeezing more than that rear bag was meant to be squeezed even before the pad, so abandoned it and bounced away. Definitely think a front sandbag would have bounced much less--not sure how much groups would have shrunk, but certainly would have been looking at the right pallet afterward.

Yes some very good shooting, you guys gettin low 3s and some 2s in your opinion is it possible to shoot like this w something other than a 6? Seems like the 6mm's are always on top. Just courious? I have shot several calibers and my best groups were from a 6 mm. Opinions please , thanks lazer

I am pretty sure it has to do with the height of the powder column : I have no doubt that 22/6/7/30BR can tango as well as 22/6PPC. Kind of makes you wonder if there is a "secret recipe" 221 Fireball out there or 218 Ackley Bee ....

The OnTarget is very cool--looking back at the six submissions I did, all are within a .10 of each other--pretty darn interesting data of individual shootin over several guns and cartridges.

If I had the program I'd run it for you Moboost--especially for all your hard work in these threads. This thread has moved it to my want list--just not the most tech savvy which has kept me away from quickload time past, but again on my want list.

For now, all I can do is again, say thank you.

My entry.. Stock Savage LRPV 223. Unfortunately I suffer from a disease call "IMPATIENCE" as seen in the group progression. Min - .229", Max - .545" Avg - .426"
Savage1.jpgSav2.jpg

Last edited:
afa8d474ecf15e08ebcfcdb442c2c23f_zpsfe6e8217.jpg

c26b334ff9acfe22bc321b9d595e3388_zps885b6e0e.jpg

Groups were shot at 100 yards

Rifle:

Spartan Precision 260 Remington
Surgeon 591 action
Manners T2A with mini chassis
Bartlein barrel
Jewell trigger
Premier 5-25x56 Gen 2XR
Atlas bipod
TBAC 30BA

Load:
Virgin Lapua brass
CCI No. 200 large rifle primer
43.3 gr Accurate 4350
139 gr Scenar
0.020 jump

Last edited:
A lot of good precision rifles and a lot of good shootin'! Just sitting here reading over it all wondering how much $ per hole it took to make those pretty targets....
The I shrug and reminisce on how fun it was to poke those holes out there. Thanks again Mo for your time and efforts.

A lot of good precision rifles and a lot of good shootin'! Just sitting here reading over it all wondering how much $ per hole it took to make those pretty targets....
The I shrug and reminisce on how fun it was to poke those holes out there. Thanks again Mo for your time and efforts.

Well I know mine was with federal GMM 175's so it wasn't cheap but considering how much I'd have spent if I'd taken my AR instead of my bolt it was well worth it for the amount of fun I had.

-BTO-

Wasn't really out to do this challenge today with a new rifle and new chassis, but figured I would post my results.

Remington 700 AAC-SD .308
Doing a little bit of load testing with loads that worked for previous rifles.
43.5/44.5 gr Varget behind 175SMK
Had unusual pressure signs with the 44.5gr load so I only shot 2 groups of that.

20140517_185630_zpsdcaf97a4.jpg

20140517_134419_zps5da133ca.jpg

This is the only one of the three targets I shot that actually had 6 groups on it.

I try to make it out once a week, generally every Saturday depending on the weather. You might try finding a state job that pays crap and lets you take off all you want with crap pay... Sadly it is what I have done.

Xray from KRG-Ops. So far out of all the chassis I have owned and or used it fits me the best.

I will see if I can get some quick pics of it and post it up on my FB page.

Xray from KRG-Ops. So far out of all the chassis I have owned and or used it fits me the best.

I will see if I can get some quick pics of it and post it up on my FB page.

Thanks for the info. My 700AAC-SD is still in the hogue OM that came from factory and I'm trying to decide what chassis system to drop it into.

-BTO-

I shot this yesterday with my Harris/McMillan M86 in .308. Built back in 1994 with a Schneider barrel. Shot at 100 yards off a bench using
a Harris bipod and Federal GMM 168gr. Scope is a Swaro Z5 5-25 w/BRX ranging reticle set at ∼22X.

Target: 6 Groups. 5 Shots Each. 30 Shots Total.

Here's the quarter I normally use to shoot/measure my sub-zero groups "all day long". Feel free to use it in your calculations.

M86

It says that rifle was put together 20 years ago - do you know how many rounds is on the barrel? It sure still likes to shoot some bug-holes :)

Thanks.

There's some interesting history behind these Harris/McMillan M86s. Some of it (the Harris part) is kinda' weird. There are some threads on the Hide that provide more info than I can.
All the parts are proprietary and apparently replacements are hard or impossible to find. Because of bad blood between Harris and McMillan, I'm told McMillan won't work on these rifles. Fortunately, I've never had a single glitch with this one.

I had this M86 built to my specs. They were supposedly state-of-the-art back in the day and came with a half MOA guarantee.
Others who own/owned them all seem to like them.
Reputedly used by Navy Seals for awhile. Harris / McMillan M86 - Sniper Rifle - History, Specs and Pictures - Military, Security and Civilian Guns and Equipment
This one has in the neighborhood of 1500-1800 rounds down the tube by my estimate. Maybe a bit less. I spoke with Gary Schneider personally before spec'ing/ordering his barrel for my build. It was chambered specifically for FGMM 168s.

Mo, I don't know if I'll be able to join in this round since my AICS won't be in until Friday or later. Any idea when the next round will start? Thanks for setting this up!

Went "old school" today:
Remington 700 BDL Varmint Special, vintage 1993.
.222 Remington, OEM barrel, 3.5x10 Leupold Vari-X lll

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Did some shooting today myself. Can someone run these through OnTarget please.
#1 Savage 12 308win Krieger (same one as before) (load development) 100 yards
4qikhi.jpg

#2 Remington 700 SPS 300win, set in HS stock this time 100 yards
f29gd0.jpg

t83eo1.jpg

#3 Savage 12 LRPV 6PPC unknown barrel maker, 100 yards
316b6vk.jpg

5nix5x.jpg

MoBoost,

For consistency, you should just measure your own groups. No one here would question your
honesty.

Last edited: