• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

**ROUND4 !!** 100YARD+, 6group, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Supratt96, looks like your still using the Burris XTR II. Now that you've had it for awhile, do you have any further comments?

Suprat96, that DTA sure shoots! Very impressive, good shooting on your part.

Thanks, Chance. I've been very happy with the DTA. Its actually exceeded my expectations which doesn't happen very often.

I was also very impressed with the results you're getting with your AI, especially considering the use of factory ammo. Can't wait to see what you can do with some custom loaded rounds.

I agonized for months between the DTA and the AIAX but ultimately went with the DTA. I'm sure I would have been equally happy if I had chosen the AI. Still hope to pick one up someday once my finances recover, lol. This hobby ain't cheap.

Supratt96, looks like your still using the Burris XTR II. Now that you've had it for awhile, do you have any further comments?

I did finally do a side by side comparison with my Nightforce 5.5-22. The Burris glass is not quite as good in terms of brightness, clarity and resolution, but it's only a small step behind. The Burris is a great scope for the money. Mechanically, it has performed perfectly. I haven't put it through any torture tests, so I can't comment on how rugged it is, but it certainly feels solid and has a great warrantee.

If the weather cooperates I will be using it in a 600 yd match next Saturday. That will give me the chance to see how it stacks up against my Nightforce 8-32 that I've been using for the last few years for f-class.

Name: Supratt96
Rifle: DTA SRS A1 / Bartlein 260 Rem 100y
Average: .380 MOA
Best: .237 MOA
Worst: .556 MOA

16kubma.jpg

2014073095235503.jpg

20140730_145618.jpg

The tighter groups were fireforming loads the larger groups were shot using formed brass and doing load development. I am very pleased with this rifle i just got from TD. Looks like I may have to stick to fireforming loads hahaha.

Sure no problem MoBoost here it is:

Youngs Guns built .243 Ackley Improved. Manners T5A with Mini Chassis,24" Bartlein Barrel,Remington Action Trued and Blueprinted,Fluted PTG Bolt,Custom Barrel End Bolt Knob,Timney Trigger,Sako Extractor,Side Bolt Release,Fluted Barrel,Capped and Threaded 5/8-24,AI Mag.Ceracoated Finish.

This is the same rifle I asked you to check the group for me a few weeks ago. That was an incredible day for me i shot an .047 5 shot group and .289 45 shot group. but granted that was fireforming loads.

Sure no problem MoBoost here it is:

Youngs Guns built .243 Ackley Improved. Manners T5A with Mini Chassis,24" Bartlein Barrel,Remington Action Trued and Blueprinted,Fluted PTG Bolt,Custom Barrel End Bolt Knob,Timney Trigger,Sako Extractor,Side Bolt Release,Fluted Barrel,Capped and Threaded 5/8-24,AI Mag.Ceracoated Finish.

This is the same rifle I asked you to check the group for me a few weeks ago. That was an incredible day for me i shot an .047 5 shot group and .289 45 shot group. but granted that was fireforming loads.

A 45 shot group that measured .289... that is nothing short of astonishing! You have a unicorn rifle and crazy good shooting skills. If you're not competing on a national level, you should be.

Congrats!

GAP Crusader 6.5 Creedmoor, factory Hornady Match A-Max 140 grain, 95m/104yd, USO LR-17 scope. New rifle - first shots after break-in.

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

Last edited:
Sometime you I feel like I should've stayed home ... haven't been to the range in weeks, oh well - better than working ;)

Savage Hog Hunter 308win in XLR chassis, 100 yards
esvi91.jpg

2d9wsxh.jpg

Mosin Nagant Sniper, 7.62x54R 100y
2ds4r3p.jpg

23vgtqh.jpg

Remington 700 SPS 308Win another try
3502pog.jpg

Savage 6PPC another try
dqpu8x.jpg

Last edited:
Ok after some encouragement from Chance, here is my entry into the Shoot Out. My department AIAE MKII in .308 shot at 100 yards with factory 168gr Federal Gold Medal Match.image.jpgimage.jpg

Great shooting Eric! You need to learn to post pictures better, but those are some outstanding groups. I just want y'all to know that this is a older AIAE with many, many rounds down the barrel. It's really hard to beat these Accuracy International rifles...man they shoot.

Name: EricG<br />
Rifle: AI AE MKIII 308win 100yard<br />
Average: .416 MOA<br />
Best: .232 MOA<br />
Worst: .622 MOA<br />
<br />
11uds07.jpg
<br/>

WTF?....was that thing in a vise?....

Nice shooting.

Ha thanks Chance, I take some shooting and interwebs lessons from you later. Gonna have to try again with another rifle soon.

This is a Remington 700 I bought here a few weeks ago. It's in a McMillan stock and has a 28" Criterion barrel with Savage type nut in 260 Remington. Using a Bushnell HDMR at 21x. To be honest the target was at 98 yards, lol, but I'm not moving the backstop! This was all load development. The three groups on the right (top) were all shot with 140 Berger VLDs. On the left (bottom) from the top down are 100 ballistic tips, 123 custom comp., then 142 SMKs

This is a Remington 700 with factory action/barrel in 300 blackout. I put it in an HS stock off of a 700P. That's a VX-R 2x7 scope. It isn't well suited to shooting groups as the orange circles were totally obscured. Not to bad though. All groups were shot with 125 TNTs. Shot a six round group on the lower right. Those on the left/bottom were shot w/o a can the three on the right/top were shot with my 30P in place

Both groups were shot 8/28/14

Last edited:
Not gonna get another chance to shoot before round is over so here's my entry, 223 krieger load development 73 bergers/ h322. Thanks for round 4 Mo!
2nvsaxk.jpg
[/IMG]
otnk0h.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
In an attempt to jump-start "Round 5", here is a double submission...

I finally got around to shooting my TRG-22 and my DTA SRS A-1 (both chambered in .260 Rem) side by side. What a great experience!

supratt96
DTA SRS A-1
.260 Rem, Bartlien barrel
100 yds
Top row of target dots (the 1" ones)

Sako TRG-22
.260 Rem, factory barrel
100 yds
Bottom rows of target dots (the 2" ones)

TRG-SRS.jpg

I bought the DTA thinking that if really liked it, I would sell my TRG, thought being "why would I need two tactical rifles both chambered in .260 Rem". Well, I do really like the DTA, but after this exercise, I decided I can't bare to part with my TRG after all. They are very different, yet both are equally sweet to shoot!

I fired 35 rounds from each starting with a 5 shot group from each with a cold and spotlessly clean bore, alternating between rifles after each 5 shoot group.
I used a similar load for both rifles, Lapua brass, H-4831, 140gr A-Max.

On this particular day, the TRG out-shined the DTA, but I have had better days with the DTA when it equaled the TRG in accuracy. I was shooting the TRG from sandbags front and rear. This has proven to be the most stable shooting position I have found for this rifle. The DTA was shot from an Atlas bipod and the factory monopod. This set-up has produced some really fine accuracy, but loading the bipod consistently from a bench is difficult and I believe that is why the DTA had a few fliers on this day.

Both rifles exhibited exceptionally good cold bore consistency. The group from the SRS did have one flier, but that was actually the fourth shot, not the first. Not sure what happened with that one. Again, I believe it may have been the result of inconsistent bipod loading.

TRG-SRScoldcleanbore.jpg

Here is the six, 5 shot groups for record...

TRG-SRS9-6-14.jpg

Last edited: