• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CO Rifle Club (CRC) Long Range Precision Rifle

Re: CO Rifle Club (CRC) Long Range Precision Rifle

First off, I wanted to thank RJ and Chris for a great match! The targets were fun, and the wait wasn't that bad considering how friendly everyone was.

It was a good turnout, and despite shooting with my DMR rifle vs my precision gun, I had a blast.

I can't stop thinking about that little rat at 550! This might not be the most tactical match I have ever shot, but it will train you to read wind just like with an IPSC sized target at 600 +, probably even better. Aim small, miss small definately applies here.

Thanks to Kevin U, who was really cool with us new guys showing us the ropes and just being a fun guy.

I will be back again!

Just bustin ur balls RJ! ha.

Another thought for speeding things up would be to have 2 spotters, and start the next relay when the current relay is on the last berm so shooting never stops. That would drastically speed up the match, and you dont have to worry about timing anything just right or adding targets. Just a thought.

Either way, it was great fun and it was nice meeting new peeps. Maybe if it goes late again we can have a night stage??? ha. j/k.

Regards,
DT

Same casual observation and simply trying to help an already great event,

I would recommend, instead of letting everyone get a spot and stay there, you have your 4 relays, with say 10 folks per relay, give or take.

Then, have relay 1 & 2 on the line while 3 & 4 work the back spotting. Don't let people squat the whole day, you condense the line and also you can separate it because you only have 20 down at a time.

Relay 1 starts and when they get to the second shooter on the 400m meter berm relay 2 starts at 200m so as they are slightly lagging behind. Once both finish at the 500m berm switch out the relays.

if you have to give them a prep time, say 2 minutes to switch the relay out but have it move along so 2 berms are being shot at the same time by different relays. I think it would speed the time up considerably. If you line them up from the ends towards the middle that would increase the separation a bit. This way we don't stake out a spot and stay there.

Just a recommendation having run a match before, it was something I saw as way to move it along efficiently.

Any idea how the entrance road to CRC is looking for this weekends match? My Saturn doesn't negotiate 2ft drifts very well....

I was there Sunday, it is not a problem snow wise, but melting, it is wet and can be a bunch muddy in places.

The snow isn't bad there at all though, and the roads in are 100%

Match is a go. We'll send out an email and make the announcement in the morning.

So are we doing a two group match this time with 3 strings instead of four?

If so, I would prefer the 12 pm one as I have to zero a scope and chrono a new load. Don't think I'm on the email list...

OK, CRC LRPR match is a go for this weekend. If the weather is anything like today, it is going to remind me of Pheonix (except the snow on the ground part). A couple of changes for this and following matches... The support we have received has forced to go to two start times, the first will be at 9am and the second will be noonish. You must sign up for the 9am match, we will take the first 21 shooters who send an email to Jess ([email protected]) after 12:00 noon today (Wednesday). You do not need to register for the noon start time. We will normally do this on the Monday before the match, but this has been a crazy week. We are changing the format to have three strings of 16 shots instead of four strings of 12 shots by adding a prairie dog target to each berm. We will also run around seven shooters on a squad. Thank you. We look forward to seeing everyone there.

Looking forward to it. I plan to be at the AM session. Thanks for keeping this match going and working to keep it efficient.

Any road report? Well be bringing the car.

Sh*t! I think I want to try and get in on this...completely forgot about these matches, and now it's 11:30pm the night before! Guess I should try and come out for the noon start time tomorrow.

Anyone from Denver carpooling for the noon start time? I also might need to zero my scope since I recently took it out of the rings. If a member wouldn't mind allowing me to confirm zero before hand and if a carpool is heading out, please let me know!

I better gather my crap tonight!

Ah to hell with it...I'm coming out there anyway!

Not sure where exactly i need to show up or when, but i should be there by 11:30am leaving now.

Wow, this was definitely a learning, humbling match. I had mounted a new scope, and had not prepared my dope well. Did not have time to zero before driving out, so I planned to do it early. Didn't work out. Had stuff tie me up so I got there at about 12. Lessons learned:

1. Good tires are vital, they kept me from getting stuck in that soupy road, even in my car.

2. I need a 4 wheel drive.

3. I "need" a scope with matching reticle and turrets.

4. Zeroing a scope on paper and having zeroed knobs helps a lot. Trying to make adjustments on the fly when starting from a random number and returning just sucks.

5. Having the correct velocity to run your dope helps a lot. I was doing theoretical load development and it screwed me up because I forgot to switch to my actual velocity even after establishing my zero.

6. Heated man-thongs are a real thing.

7. Even a shitty day at the range is better than a normal day at work!

Thanks RJ for putting on the match in less than ideal conditions and letting me zero. Thanks Beck for spotting for me. See you all again soon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah to hell with it...I'm coming out there anyway!

cell: three oh three, five one three, three five six six

if anyone needs/wants to get a hold of me. not sure where exactly i need to show up or when, but i should be there by 11:30am leaving now. </div></div>

Did you get out there COfox? Roads straight up sucked...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verdugo60</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah to hell with it...I'm coming out there anyway!

cell: three oh three, five one three, three five six six

if anyone needs/wants to get a hold of me. not sure where exactly i need to show up or when, but i should be there by 11:30am leaving now. </div></div>

Did you get out there COfox? Roads straight up sucked... </div></div>

Yep, I was there, great time! Felt good to get out shooting again. My Xterra has never been filthier! I shot on the first squad, noon-ish rotaion.

CRC LRPR Feb. 2012 Results

All, I thought the match went pretty well. Lessons learned: I think we will go to four squads instead of three. It was hard to get shooters to work right after shooting, so I think mirrored squads will work better. Next month we will do the a.m. sign-up at noon the Monday before the match. I will send out a reminder that morning. Thank you everyone for the help with set-up and tear-down, it would have been miserable without the help!

a.m.
1 RJ D. Heavy 410 1st Heavy
1 Ron F. Heavy 410 1st Heavy
3 Jeff H. Heavy 395 3rd Heavy
4 Greg V. Heavy 390
5 Wade K. Heavy 380
6 Jess D. Heavy 370
7 Big Bob Auto 340 1st Auto
7 Lil' Bob Light 340 1st Light
9 Manuel Heavy 330 1st 308
9 Sean M. Heavy 330 1st 308
11 Greg F. Heavy 310
11 Jon B. Light 310 2nd Light
11 Stan S. Heavy 310 3rd 308
14 Dave S. Light 300 3rd Light
15 Jared Q. Heavy 270

p.m.
1 Chuck W. Heavy 450 1st Heavy
2 Greg V. Heavy 420 2nd Heavy
3 Fritz A. Heavy 410 3rd Heavy
4 Brian W. Heavy 400
5 AJ G. Heavy 390
5 Brian J. Heavy 390
7 Mike K. Heavy 360 1st 308
8 Barry R. Heavy 320 2nd 308
9 James V. Heavy 310
9 Sky L. Heavy 310
11 Jeff F. Heavy 300 3rd 308
12 Robert E. Heavy 260
13 Doug B. Heavy 220
13 Lane D. Light 220 1st Light
15 John T. Heavy 210
15 Sam P. Heavy 210
17 Cory C. Light 200 2nd Light

p. dogs at 547 6x: RJ. D :p
perfect runs: Chuck W. (2x), Fritz A., AJ G., RJ D.

Re: CRC LRPR Feb. 2012 Results

Thanks again to RJ and Jess for putting this match together month after month, and being open to making changes to keep it efficient.

I think 4 squads would help if you have enough people... with the 15 shooters in the morning session, everyone one would nearly have to help/work for their mirrored squad. I'm not complaining; I'd be open for that.

Re: CRC LRPR Feb. 2012 Results

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks again to RJ and Jess for putting this match together month after month, and being open to making changes to keep it efficient.

I think 4 squads would help if you have enough people... with the 15 shooters in the morning session, everyone one would nearly have to help/work for their mirrored squad. I'm not complaining; I'd be open for that. </div></div>

Fish, I think as the warmer months arrive we will easily fill four seven person squads at each session. The next step would be requiring sign-up for the afternoon match and limiting the match to 56 shooters. Nice shooting Saturday!

Re: CRC LRPR March Announcement

All,

We are on again for this Saturday. We will have two start times, one at 9:00 am and one at 12:00 noon. We will do four squads of six at 9 am (24 shooters max). If you are interested in shooting the 9am time slot, please email [email protected] to reserve your spot anytime after noon today. We will take the first 24 shooters. No need to sign up for the afternoon match, my plan is to shoot as close to 12 noon as possible, but we will not start any earlier. Set-up will be 8 am-ish.

Thank you everyone, hope to see you there,
RJ

Weather looks to be great this weekend. I'm in! Who else? I'll probably come for the noon rotation again.

We still have a some slots open for the (less windy) morning match!!

Put me down for the am slot if there's still room! Email sent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put me down for the am slot if there's still room! Email sent. </div></div>

You're in! See you early.

Getting ready to put homemade chocolate chip and lemon drop cookies in the oven for the match tomorrow...sure hope there are enough left for the noon shooters ;-)

P.S. We still have slots open for the morning match...

Re: CRC LRPR March Scores

All, Thank you everyone for the help, we couldn't do it without it. Great turn-out, great weather, great cookies, great friends, tough wind....

Remember, next month is up in the air. The State Multi-Gun (3-gun) match is the same weekend as our monthly match, so we will either need to find another weekend (Sunday since all Saturdays are taken) or cancel the match. I will update the website, send emails, and update the forums with information.

The p.m. crew is waiting around a little bit at arrival, so we will probably push the p.m. start time to 12:30 p.m. at the next match.

We've made it a full year! Thank you for the support!

a.m.
1 RJ D. Heavy 420 1st Heavy
2 Kevin U. Heavy 390 2nd Heavy
3 Dino D. Heavy 370 3rd Heavy
4 Mick B. Heavy 335 1st 308
5 Jess D. Heavy 330 1st Lady
5 Bill S. Heavy 330
5 Dorgan T. Heavy 330 2nd 308
8 Mitch M. Heavy 320 3rd 308
8 Rick B. Heavy 320
10 Jon B. Heavy 310
11 Greg V. Heavy 300
11 Stan S. Heavy 300
11 Lil' Bob Light 300 1st Light
11 Greg F. Light 300 1st Light
15 Josh S. Light 280 3rd Light
16 William C. Heavy 270
17 Craig T. Semi-Auto 230 1st Semi-Auto
18 Jeff F. Heavy 200
19 Big Bob Semi-Auto 170 2nd Semi-Auto
20 Cierra S. Heavy 150 2nd Lady
21 Dave S. Heavy 80

p.m.
1 James V. Heavy 370 1st Heavy
1 Greg V. Heavy 370 1st Heavy
3 Fritz A. Heavy 350 3rd Heavy
4 Chuck W. Heavy 320
5 Bill C. Light 300 1st Light
5 Manuel Heavy 300 1st 308
7 John S. Light 300 1st Light
8 Mike K. Heavy 280 2nd 308
9 Kelly C. Heavy 260
10 Barry R. Heavy 240 3rd 308
11 John J. Heavy 230
12 Chris B. Light 210 3rd Light
13 Bill M. Semi-Auto 190 1st Semi-Auto
14 Mike L. Light 180
15 Gary P. Heavy 100
16 John K. Light 80

perfect run(s): RJ D.
p. dog at 550 6x:

Re: CRC LRPR March Scores

You are very welcome!! Already trying to figure out what to bring for next month :) Thank you everyone who comes out and shoots with us. We really enjoy meeting all of the new shooters and spending time with such a great group of people.

April 2012 CRC LRPR Match Canceled

All,

The match staff is sorry to announce we are forced to cancel the LRPR match this Saturday because the CO State USPSA Multi-Gun match will be using the silhouette range all weekend.

Regards,
RJ & Ken

May 2012 CRC LRPR Match

All,

We will have our monthly steel prairie dog long range rifle match this weekend.

Two start times:
first match:
set-up 8:00am
shooter's meeting 8:45am
match starts at 9am
please RSVP with Jess at [email protected] after noon today.

second match:
shooter's meeting noon
match starts 12:15
no need to RSVP

Hope to see you there!
RJ

Re: May 2012 CRC LRPR Match

Wow, got thru two strings in the AM and then it's was like someone flicked on jet engine, but it was almost directly from behind. Glad I didn't shoot in the pm, direction be damned, it almost blew my chair down range with my shooting mat. On the way home on I70 I saw a suv that had been flipped by its jellybean camper trailer and semis seemed to be crabbing down the highway.

Well that was....windy. Thank you everyone who came out on such a windy holiday weekend, hope you all have a good Memorial Day and we will see you next time :)

All, Thank you for the great turn-out, it was unexpected with a holiday weekend and lots of graduation parties. Next month, a lot of us will be at the Competition Dynamics Sniper's Hide Cup in Douglas, WY. Tom P. and Chuck W. have volunteered to step up and run the match for us and, as always, Bill S. will be there to assist.

Congrats to Fritz A. and Mike K. for great scores in tough conditions.

a.m.
1 Fritz A. Heavy 440 1st Heavy
2 Jess D. Heavy 430 2nd Heavy
3 RJ D. Heavy 410 3rd Heavy
4 Kevin U. Heavy 375
5 James V. Heavy 340
5 Greg V. Heavy 340
7 Jon B. Heavy 330
8 Greg H. Light 310 1st Light
8 Barry R. Heavy 310
10 Bill S. Heavy 260
11 Mark R. Heavy 240
11 Bruce K. Semi-Auto 240 1st Semi-Auto
13 Manuel K. Heavy 200 1st 308
14 James C. Semi-Auto 180 2nd Semi-Auto
15 Adam C. Semi-Auto 140 3rd Semi-Auto
16 Sam P. Heavy 120 2nd 208
17 Richard B. Heavy 100 3rd 308

p.m.
1 Mike K. Heavy 300 1st Heavy
2 Greg V. Heavy 230 2nd Heavy
3 Bill B. Heavy 210 3rd Heavy
4 Chuck W. Semi-Auto 200 1st Semi-Auto
4 Mike L. Heavy 200
6 Dan S. Semi-Auto 190 2nd Semi-Auto
7 Bill C. Light 180 1st Light
8 Clark T. Heavy 175 1st 308
9 Bob D. Light 170 2nd Light
10 Bill M. Light 160 3rd Light
11 Gary P. Heavy 150 2nd 308
12 Jake F. Heavy 120
13 Michael C. Heavy 110

p. dog at 550 6x:
clean run(s): Jess D.

All,

We will have our monthly steel prairie dog long range rifle match this weekend. Jess will be running the match since a lot of us will be at the Sniper's Hide Cup in Wyoming.

Two start times:
first match:
set-up 8:00am
shooter's meeting 8:45am
match starts at 9am
please RSVP with Jess at [email protected] after noon today.

second match:
shooter's meeting noon
match starts 12:15
no need to RSVP

Hope to see you there!
RJ & Jess

I'll try not to let the power go to my head :) I will be a good leader and bring cookies.

All,

The 9 a.m. match this Saturday has been cancelled. I only received 5 RSVP's and that isn't enough to run a morning match without everyone burning out their barrels. We will still have the noon match, set up at 10:30 a.m., shooters meeting at noon and first shots downrange at 12:15. There is no need to RSVP for the noon match, just show up and have fun! Oh, and I am bringing my famous chocolate chip cookies if anyone is on the fence about coming :)

See you there,
Jess

It was a warm one today.
i picked up a blue dicks sporting goods chair and a black 3 leg chair when i left as i was the last one there. I will bring them to the next shoot or you can come pick them up if you need them sooner.

The three-legged one belongs to Bruce, he said next match is good and thank you!

CRC LRPR June 2012 Scores

June 2012 Scores:

1 Brian W. 360 1st Heavy
1 Kevin U. 360 1st Heavy
3 Barry R. 330 3rd Heavy
3 Mike K. 330 3rd Heavy
3 Bruce K. 330 1st Semi-Auto
3 Barry R. 330 3rd Heavy
7 Little Bob 320 1st Light
8 Bill S. 310
9 Chris B. 300
10 Bill M. 290 2nd Semi-Auto

Re: CRC LRPR June 2012 Scores

Hey, all you guys that shoot this match... you are shooting on the Metallic Silhouette range and I was wondering if any of you have considered giving it a try? It is an offhand game, shot standing with no support, much like hunting. We shoot at steel animals at each of the 4 berms you guys are using out there. I'm temporarily disposed near Fort Benning Georgia so I obviously can't make it to CRC for our monthly Silhouette matches (first sunday of the month).

I'd like to offer up a challenge to you guys. I will send $20 to anyone that takes an opportunity to go out to a high power silhouette match and give it a try. All you need is a rifle with a good scope. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. The only restrictions are that it has to be a minimum of 6mm and no magnum cartridges. There are actually more rifle rules to do with shape and weight but don't worry about that for your first match.

So yeah, go give this sport a try, tell the match director that I sent you. He'll let me know and I will send you 20 bucks! Have you ever heard of a better deal???

Quickdraw40, I hope you don't mind me getting off topic. Let me know and I'll delete.

Cheers guys! When I get back to CO I will be out to shoot with y'all.

yeah, my f-class rifle is a beast too. I hear ya on that. Don't most of us have more than one rifle though? Pretty much any hunting rifle will work just fine. There are two classes in Silhouette; Hunter and Standard(heavy). .243 to 30-06 and everything in between will get it done.

The Hunter class rifles can shoot in both classes. It is intended to be a class that anyone can use their normal big game rifle in.

Trental:

Most of the shooters at CRC will be in Raton the first Sunday of each month Feb. thru Sept. shooting the Sporting Rifle Match. When you get back home to Colorado you should drive down and give this match a try. Thank you for your service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my rifle weighs around 20lbs </div></div>

wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tommy Two Dogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trental:

Most of the shooters at CRC will be in Raton the first Sunday of each month Feb. thru Sept. shooting the Sporting Rifle Match. When you get back home to Colorado you should drive down and give this match a try. Thank you for your service. </div></div>

Tru dat.

The CRC LRPR match is on for this Saturday, July 28th, 2012. Two strings, one at 9 am and the other at Noon. If you want to shoot the 9 am match email [email protected] to get your name on the list; no need to RSVP for the Noon string. Set up at 8 am and shooters meeting at 8:45 for the morning string; shooters meeting at Noon for the afternoon string. See you there.

Anyone have set of Bushnell Fusion RF/Binos I could look through?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have set of Bushnell Fusion RF/Binos I could look through? </div></div>

I'll bring mine.