• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CO Rifle Club (CRC) Long Range Precision Rifle

Re: CO Rifle Club (CRC) Long Range Precision Rifle

Match is on for this Saturday and we have another give away from Green Mountain Guns (www.greenmountainguns.com)! We are going to try to add the side match concept this weekend. The idea is to practice some skills that will benefit long range/sniper match competitors in nearby 'major' matches that happen throughout the season. This Saturday's side match will be three shots off bi-bod "sticks" or a tripod at two targets (six shots total) under a reasonable time constraint. Bring your own 'sticks', tripod, or we will have some there to borrow. The side match is completely optional. We are still tweaking the regular match shooting format to obtain the fastest throughput as possible. 48 rounds required, 54 if you are shooting the side match. Hope to see everyone there!

Crap. I will be up in Greeley shooting the ICORE Regional. You guys have fun.

I can't believe you're choosing to shoot a revolver vs. a LR rifle. Must be a tear in the time/space continuum...

And, in Greeley no less. "If your girlfriend says 'kiss me where it smells', you take her to Greeley"
(I know, a very old one).

See you next time.

Thanks for putting this on.

Good shooting with everyone.

I agree, I shot it for the first time and thought it was very challenging.

I was having a good run going until the last relay, then everything changed for me... wind changes moved just beyond my adjustments causing me to chase them a bit. Overall I was happy with my first outing.

I appreciate RJ and Ken putting this on, helps polish the skills with that 1 shot 1 kill style.

Thank you everyone! Special thanks to Lane D, Jon B, Fritz A, Bill S, Jessie D, and James V for help with set-up and tear down. Good to see some new faces and old friends for the first time at our match. We'll do it again next month with a different side match.

June 2011 Results

1 Fritz A Heavy Bolt 440 1st Heavy Bolt
2 Chuck W Heavy Bolt 400 2nd Heavy Bolt (tie)
2 Kevin U Heavy Bolt 400 2nd Heavy Bolt (tie)
2 Frank G Heavy Bolt (308) 400 2nd Heavy Bolt (tie) (1st 308)
5 RJ D Heavy Bolt 350
6 David E Heavy Bolt 345
7 David K Light Bolt (308) 340 1st Light Bolt (2nd 308)
7 James V Heavy Bolt 340
7 Greg V Heavy Bolt 340
10 Ken K Heavy Bolt 330
11 Stan S Heavy Bolt 320
11 Mike K Heavy Bolt (308) 320 (3rd 308)
13 Ken K Semi-Auto 310 1st Semi-Auto
13 Greg F Light Bolt 310 2nd Light Bolt
15 Jessie D Heavy Bolt 285
16 Gary P Heavy Bolt 270
16 Ron F Semi-Auto 270 2nd Semi-Auto
17 Bill C Light Bolt 260 3rd Light Bolt
17 Bill S Light Bolt 260
19 Bill M Semi-Auto (308) 250 3rd Semi-Auto
20 Jerome W Light Bolt (308) 200
21 Lane D Heavy Bolt 195
22 Jon B Heavy Bolt (308) 180
23 Shiggie Light Bolt 165
24 Tom B Light Bolt 160
25 Bob S Semi-Auto (223) 120 (1st 223)

Perfect Runs: Dave K, Fritz A, RJ D, Kevin U, Frank G
550 yd Praire Dog 4x: Chuck W

Side Match:
1 James V 6 49.54 (Perfect Run)
2 Jessie D 5 36.69
3 Bob S 4 16.82
4 Ron F 4 55.03
5 Shiggie 4 77.51
6 Fritz 4 ???
7 RJ 3 41.37
8 Ken (Semi) 2 13.11
9 Jerome 2 81.78

Whew,

I didn't blow it too bad with that awful 4th Stage I shot. That would have been embarrassing.
wink.gif
Hey did I get 1st 308... LOL

good to see you still repping the 308 frank

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good to see you still repping the 308 frank</div></div>

I should get an extra point for every wind cheater I beat. LOL Especially because I shot factory ammo.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good to see you still repping the 308 frank</div></div>

I should get an extra point for every wind cheater I beat. LOL Especially because I shot factory ammo.
wink.gif

</div></div>

Frank shot well, even with my tripping over him while he broke the shot!

nice to see a 308 still rocking with all the high speed low drag guns out there now. goes to show its not the gun its the shooter.

April Match Win: 330, May Match Win: 380, June Match Win: 440... didn't take long for the competition to ramp up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">April Match Win: 330, May Match Win: 380, June Match Win: 440... didn't take long for the competition to ramp up! </div></div>

Ha, I guess it's all in how you spin it...

April: 360 max points possible (3 rounds of 12 shots), 330 points won (w/ a wind-cheating gas gun), Wind = moderate
May: 480 max points possible (4 rounds of 12 shots), 380 points won (w/ a wind-cheating bolt gun), Wind = tough (swirling, full value for most of the day)
June: 480 max points possible (4 rounds of 12 shots), 440 points won (wind-cheater with a HeMan gun close behind!), Wind = light to moderate

I'm up for Lowlight's idea for one round (of 12 shots) to be shot weak-handed. What do others think of that idea?

August match: RJ and I are up for it on the 3rd Sunday (August 21st) if there's enough interest. So, as you weigh in on the weak-handed concept, weigh in on whether you would make that match too. One downside, it would be on the Sunday following the Pueblo Pdog match, would conflict with the Pueblo Tac Rifle match. We'll have to dot the i's and cross the t's with CRC on the date if there's enough interest.
Ken

I was thinking support side for the side match.

and Just a Thought,

You can probably run 2 relays about 1.5 apart. Once the first shooter on the 1st relay finishes the 1st 400m target, you can probably start relay 3 (with 4 spotting) and run it that way finishing a bit sooner, or at least getting more in.

It goes fast, but with 4 relays, you can easily manage two shooting at the same time for a bit.

I'm up for the Aug 21 date and I like the side match support shoulder oncept. Keep the main match the way it is. I think new shooters will be far eneough out of their confort zone just shooting. Start making them do something they may have not even thought about and they be one and done. If they are interested eneogh they will shoot the side match. Just my $o.o2 worth.

I agree with the midget on this one . Take one string every month and do something different use your stupid hand , off sticks , barricade , slung up , etc. . The only way you get better doing the stuff you suck at is by doing it and most people won't do it unless they have to . But then I'm strange and miss the days that the SRM was 50% sitting or higher .

There is more than enough interest out there in the long range / precision rifle game out there now that I don't think there will be a lack of shooters and the ones that quit after a single match are more than likely to do the same regardless of format .

I don't think we could force different shooting positions (other than support) on a whole string because everyone does not have sticks, slings, etc. I was planning on building a barricade, a port wall, a roof, etc., but we cannot build or store 25 of them....

How about a whole string using holdovers (no adjusting the scope knobs)? put a piece of tape or something on the turrets...could be fun...

Regards,
DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think we could force different shooting positions (other than support) on a whole string because everyone does not have sticks, slings, etc. I was planning on building a barricade, a port wall, a roof, etc., but we cannot build or store 25 of them....</div></div>

Thought about the barricade after I posted that and yeah logistically it wouldn't work . Reverse kneelling with the roof poles might though .

I think I might have to start putting some miles on my car and drive out to these. I think I am going to love he fact that I moved to CO.

CRC LRPR match is on for this Saturday and we have another give away from Green Mountain Guns (www.greenmountainguns.com)! We have new spotting scopes donated by Burris to use (www.burrisoptics.com/landmarkspot.html). Give Sky and Burris a BIG thank you. Now, we don't have to borrow spotting scopes any more and this leaves more money for future steel purchases. Side match went well last month, so we will continue the concept. This month will be six shots support side, on the clock. The side match is optional. 48 rounds total, 54 with the side match. I have Steiner's new 4x16x50 scope and rings on my rifle - stop by and check them out! Hope to see everyone there!

Thanks you guys for putting the match on again, I wish I didn't have to bounce right after the 4th string but the awesome turn out made the match run a little long and I had a prior engagement to get to!

It was fun, I feel like I learn a bit every time I get out for one of your matches. You guys are a tad bit on the sadistic side with a prairie dog target that's a smidge over 4 inches wide at the widest portion sitting out at the 550yd berm! That sucker was not easy to hit. Big pat on the back to everybody that pulled that off, a sub moa shot at that range is impressive!

I will try to move my work schedule a bit so I can come to next month's match but Sunday's are tough, I will do my best. How did the side match go?

Rich

Thank you to everyone. GREAT turn-out!!! Wind was very inconsistent as the scores reflect. Remember next month the match will be on the 3rd Sunday (Aug 21). We will probably go to a staggered start in September. Stay tuned!

1 James V Heavy Bolt 400 1st Heavy Bolt
2 Mike K Heavy Bolt (308) 380 2nd Heavy Bolt 1st 308
3 Jon B Heavy Bolt 370 3rd Heavy Bolt (tie)
3 Fritz Heavy Bolt 370 3rd Heavy Bolt (tie)
5 Kevin U Heavy Bolt 360
5 Shane C Heavy Bolt 360
7 AJ G Heavy Bolt 350
7 Steve H Heavy Bolt 350
7 Chuck W Heavy Bolt 350
10 Ken K - Bolt Heavy Bolt 340
10 Bill S Heavy Bolt 340
12 Ken K - Auto n/a Auto 310 1st Auto
12 Gary P Light Bolt (308) 310 2nd 308 1st Light Bolt
14 Greg F Heavy Bolt 280
14 Shiggy Light Bolt 280 2nd Light Bolt
16 Chris B Heavy Bolt (308) 270 3rd 308
16 Bill C Light Bolt 270 3rd Light Bolt
18 Greg V Heavy Bolt 260
19 Rich Z ? ? (?) 240
20 Conor M Light Bolt (308) 230
20 Josh S Light Bolt (308) 230
22 Stan S Heavy Bolt 220
23 Harry B Light Bolt (308) 210
23 RJ D Heavy Bolt 210
25 Dave K Light Bolt (308) 195
26 Bob D Light Bolt 190
26 Bob S n/a Auto 190 2nd Auto
28 Bill M n/a Auto (308) 180 3rd Auto
29 Will C Heavy Bolt (308) 170
30 Justin M Heavy Bolt (308) 150
31 Richard B Light Bolt (308) 125
32 Mike L Heavy Bolt (308) 70

Perfect Runs: Shane C, Bill S

Side Match:
1 Jon B 5, 1:15 (with my rifle, ammo, and dope call)
2 RJ D 3, ???

Send me a PM if you loaned me your timer for the side match and left it there.

For those planning ahead, the August match will be the 3rd Saturday (20th) instead of Sunday as originally planned since Pueblo has rescheduled their match because of a conflict. We assume more people will be able to make a Saturday (normal match day) instead of a Sunday.

Okay, now I'm confused and apparently hosed... I've been planning to attend my first match on 8/28 which I had in my calendar as the 4th Sunday of the month. Did you move the weekend or just the day? Do I have my calendar screwed up?

Is the normal day the 4th Sunday or the 3rd Sunday?

Normal day is the 4th Saturday. We, initially, rescheduled the August match for the 3rd Sunday due to a conflict, but we have rescheduled again to the 3rd Saturday. September and beyond we will be back to the 4th Saturday. Hope to see you there! Sorry for the confusion.
crazy.gif

Well that blows... I work every other weekend. Can't do the 3rd weekend match. Looks like September will be my first match. I guess it'll give me more time to work on my load for my new rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FCB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well that blows... I work every other weekend. Can't do the 3rd weekend match. Looks like September will be my first match. I guess it'll give me more time to work on my load for my new rifle. </div></div>

PM sent.

Not to repeat what QD already said...

Apologies for this but it was really unavoidable. It's one of the inconveniences with folks sharing a range. The Silhouette guys at CRC have their State match pre-scheduled that consumes the range the entire 4th weekend. Pretty standard for a large match where they have folks coming in from all over.

So, we were relegated to another weekend if we wanted to shoot. And, we're sticking by our rule that we don't want to compete with another long range rifle, front range match. Since the Pueblo Steel Dogs match is canceled for August, for this time only we'll fill that slot, i.e., 3rd Saturday, August 20th.

Our intent is really to keep to 4th Saturday whenever possible so folks can always plan on it. It wasn't possible this time.
Hey, it gives all those guys that normally shoot Hoser's match an excuse for coming up to Byers! Except, of course, those going down to Raton for the Sportsman's Team Challenge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k2peaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Since the Pueblo Steel Dogs match is canceled for August, for this time only we'll fill that slot, i.e., 3rd Saturday, August 20th.
</div></div>
The Pueblo Steel Dogs match is not canceled but rescheduled for 27 Aug 11 and the Tactical Rifle match will be on 28 Aug 11 per Hoser on his thread.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=315062&page=7

OK, thanks much for that clarification.

Good opportunity to shoot all the LR matches on the front range then.

CRC LRPR match is on for this Saturday!! This is the weird month, so update your smartphones. 48 rounds total. Set-up starts 8:30ish. Match starts at 10 am. We do everything we can to get finished by 2 pm. Hope to see everyone there!

OK, because of some confusion on days/dates (still....) we are going to have the CRC LRPR match on this Saturday and Sunday. I will email notices out from now on, but FYI the CRC website (http://www.crci.org/Event%20Schedule/tabid/610/Default.aspx) should always have the latest information. 8:30ish set-up, 10 am start each day. Shoot either one or shoot both. Thanks.

RJ, Jess, and all:

Again a ton of fun. Thanks for all that you do to put this together. Know its lot of work. Some good shooting.

Thank you to EVERYONE for a great turn-out. We expected it on Saturday, but another 20 shooters on Sunday was way unexpected. A special thank-you to Jess D, Lane D, Jon B, Ken K, James V, Bill S for help with set-up and tear down. We will go to a staggered start starting in September - stay tuned for details.

August 2011 CRC LRPR Results

1 James V Heavy Rifle 440 1st Heavy Rifle
2 Chuck W Heavy Rifle 400 2nd Heavy Rifle
3 Tom P Heavy Rifle 390 3rd Heavy Rifle
4 Harry B Light Rifle 308 380 1st Light Rifle, 1st 308
5 Mike K Heavy Rifle 308 370 2nd 308
6 Ron F Semi-Auto 360 1st Semi-Auto
7 Bob S Lil' Light Rifle 340 2nd Light Rifle
7 RJ D Heavy Rifle 340
7 AJ G Heavy Rifle 340
10 Kevin U Heavy Rifle 335
11 Jon B (2) Heavy Rifle 330
12 Jess D Heavy Rifle 320
12 Chris B Heavy Rifle 308 320
12 Bill C Light Rifle 320 3rd Light Rifle
12 Bill M (2) Semi-Auto 320 2nd Semi-Auto
16 Greg V (1) Heavy Rifle 310
16 Ken K Semi-Auto 310 3rd Semi-Auto
16 David K Light Rifle 308 310
19 Greg F Light Rifle 300
19 Stan S (1) Heavy Rifle 308 300
19 Jon B (1) Heavy Rifle 300
19 Greg V (2) Heavy Rifle 300
23 Lane D Heavy Rifle 270 1st Junior
24 Sid Y Heavy Rifle 308 250
24 Gary P Light Rifle 308 250
26 Bill M (1) Semi-Auto 240
26 William C Heavy Rifle 308 240
28 Bob S Big Light Rifle 230
28 Bill S Light Rifle 230
30 Jared Q Semi-Auto 225
31 Stan S (2) Heavy Rifle 308 220
32 Jeff H Semi-Auto 205
33 Conor M Light Rifle 185
34 Bill B Light Rifle 180
35 Bob D Light Rifle 160
36 Mike L Light Rifle 308 120
37 Richard B Heavy Rifle 308 100
38 Robert S Semi-Auto 308 90
39 Chris M Heavy Rifle 70
40 Jake H Heavy Rifle 60 2nd Junior
41 Colton S Semi-Auto 50

Perfect Runs: James V, Chuck W
550 yd P. Dog 4x:

Staggered start -interesting, I don't stagger much.
smirk.gif

Fun Match - My scores need to improve and now I have to stagger
crazy.gif

CRC LRPR match is on for this Saturday!! We are staying with the existing format for now. 48 rounds total. Set-up starts 8:30ish. Match starts at 10 am. We do everything we can to get finished by 2 pm. We will have the new prototype mini-rocker to replace one of the standard rockers we normally use on the 500m berm. Come and check it out! "Like" Team Pro Plate on facebook to see a pic of the new mini-rocker from www.proplatetargets.com.

C'mon out and shoot the match tomorrow, folks.
I'm seeing predictions of nice temps and low wind so we should see some great scores tomorrow.

Everything that RJ says above. Beck and I will be at the SBerm at 8:30AM for anyone that wants to help setting up. Yea, we'll stick with the same format this month as we just aren't quite ready to change to two match times. FYI, there are simply downsides to that -- potentially changing conditions to where it's not a level playing field. We'll do the best we can with the space we have and will try to keep things moving along so we don't finish too late.

Should be a great day out at CRC though.
See you tomorrow.
Ken

K2peaker,

I plan on making my first match out there. Please be gentle as it my first time.

I'll still respect you Sunday morning though

Dino