• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

College baseball is here!

I think it's going to be an interesting year Mark!! How are your boys looking??

Think they are supposed to be good but I saw where they lost to Memphis yesterday! Lsu and msu should both be good!

LSU is very young, I'm concerned about what kind of hitting they are going to bring to the table. Their pitching potential should be solid. They got a left handed Freshman lives not too far from me that brings it around 93. Lost a good closer though. We'll see when they start playing stiffer competition.

Lsu beat msu both games this weekend. Nola is a stud. Looks like bama is much improved this season. I suspect division titles could come down to last weekend this year. Very little difference in most sec teams.

Yeah we're just not that strong this year. I don't care if we beat vandy. We just don't have the core pitching we need or the offense to offset the weak pitching. Mitchel while good, just bothers me i realize he's a good pitcher but against a team of LSU caliber is going to hit off of him. Should've put in Lendgren a long time ago. I think Girado gave a lot of varied depth to our pitching last year, then we had a decent offense with Renfro and Frazier. Bradford needs to get back up. None the less the first two games of the LSU series were good, but MSU hasn't beat LSU in a series since 05. For the number #2 recruiting class i'm expecting them to hit stride at some point. Worried about the Ole Miss game this weekend, Ole Miss is doing good right now, we're going to have to come out and play friday.

Yeah we're just not that strong this year. I don't care if we beat vandy. We just don't have the core pitching we need or the offense to offset the weak pitching. Mitchel while good, just bothers me i realize he's a good pitcher but against a team of LSU caliber is going to hit off of him. Should've put in Lendgren a long time ago. I think Girado gave a lot of varied depth to our pitching last year, then we had a decent offense with Renfro and Frazier. Bradford needs to get back up. None the less the first two games of the LSU series were good, but MSU hasn't beat LSU in a series since 05. For the number #2 recruiting class i'm expecting them to hit stride at some point. Worried about the Ole Miss game this weekend, Ole Miss is doing good right now, we're going to have to come out and play friday.
I agree, are you going to any of the games. I'm thinking about coming over.

Haha man I'll be at as many as I can. I'm going Friday for sure. If I can get my first full length practice mcat out of the way I'll be going Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda funny I was about to give up on them, They finally put up a little offense. Ever since Mainiere has been there he's slowly evolved LSU into small ball. Although the bats had a lot to do with NCAA power. LSU's historically been power teams, always had good pitching and 7 guys that could take it downtown.

Now we're lucky if one or two can. I'm not pleased at all at his strategy and lack of bringing hitters back to the diamond. I don't care how good your pitching is, you have to score runs and LSU has struggled the last few years scoring enough runs.

Kinda funny I was about to give up on them, They finally put up a little offense. Ever since Mainiere has been there he's slowly evolved LSU into small ball. Although the bats had a lot to do with NCAA power. LSU's historically been power teams, always had good pitching and 7 guys that could take it downtown.

Now we're lucky if one or two can. I'm not pleased at all at his strategy and lack of bringing hitters back to the diamond. I don't care how good your pitching is, you have to score runs and LSU has struggled the last few years scoring enough runs.

Yea, definitely not playing gorilla ball like they were but nobody is with the bats their using. I've seen several rounds of batting practice before games with none to very few out of the yard. Next year their going to a different ball to help with the offensive numbers. The big time players still launch them though.

10011332_842683075746864_1413468020078029685_n.jpg

Wish i would've stayed in last night, this game today has been close. I think our team has a long way to go but we're young. Need to get some offensive Rhythm

So i went and got something to eat after they hit that bomb on us. Apparently i'm finding out we came back and won lol. Hell yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU7GmbMV-Kg

Also is just me or is there not near enough coverage for college baseball? Shit you have to go to "other sports" to even find a section on it on major sites. It's rarely on tv less it's a big game. Bunch of bullshit if you ask me. They're airing college hockey, bowling, and lacrosse right now on espn. I know fox had the coverage today but i want to see wtf happened lol.

Last edited:
LSU is very young, I'm concerned about what kind of hitting they are going to bring to the table. Their pitching potential should be solid. They got a left handed Freshman lives not too far from me that brings it around 93. Lost a good closer though. We'll see when they start playing stiffer competition.

Bring back Bertie

Jesus we're barely squeaking by missou and our rival is 1-1 with LSU, not just one to one they spanked them tonight. Cohen needs to get this team together..

Dagsta, i know you had to be happy about that performance at Ole Miss. That was a hell of a series. I'm watching the replay on ESPN3 right now. God Nola is fun to watch. I had never seen him pitch until now.

Dagsta, i know you had to be happy about that performance at Ole Miss. That was a hell of a series. I'm watching the replay on ESPN3 right now. God Nola is fun to watch. I had never seen him pitch until now.

Yes he is quite a pitcher. If he stays healthy he will go quickly in the Draft. Considering LSU still struggles to put runs across the plate I guess I can't complain about their present status. I've watched a few different SEC series so far and every now and then a team will explode and put runs across. But truthfully nobody has and consistent hitting and run production. A product of the dumbing down the bats has completely changed college baseball. Still and all I'm seeing a lot of teams leave a bunch of runners stranded consistently. You don't need home runs to score runners in scoring position you need hits!!! And it isn't happening.

The team to beat..........

1 Virginia 33-7 1
2 Cal Poly 34-5 3
3 Louisiana-Lafayette 36-5 2
4 Oregon State 27-7 4
5 Florida State 30-9 5
6 LSU 30-10-1 8
7 Oregon 31-10 10
8 South Carolina 30-10 6
9 Oklahoma State 29-11 13
10 Texas 30-11 7
11 Washington 27-8-1 15
12 Houston 29-10 14
13 Louisville 28-11 9
14 Florida 27-13 18
15 Vanderbilt 29-12 11
16 Rice 29-13 16
17 Alabama 28-12 17
18 Mississippi 30-11 12
19 Miami (Fla.) 27-13 20
20 Clemson 24-15 21
21 Mississippi State 26-15 22
22 Kentucky 26-14 24
23 Texas Tech 32-11 25
24 Indiana 25-11 26
25 UC Santa Barbara 24-10 23
26 Pepperdine 30-9 28
27 UCLA 21-16 27
28 TCU 26-13 NR
29 Cal State Fullerton 18-16 19

Bama hitting the meat of their schedule. Fixing to find out if their for real or not. I'm going to pick lsu in the west and Florida in the east.

Florida surprised the hell out of me. And I think LSU and ole miss are the best teams in the west with Bama and MSU behind them. It's definitely Florida and South Carolina in the east. I'm not sure how vandy is still top15. Although in reality it's shit show right in the SEC a lot is still up for grabs.

Can't believe we lost in series to A&M. This series was crucial. We don't have any pitching :( just all it boils down to. We don't have a consistent good starter. If Lindgren could gain some control we'd be alright. So far though he is too hit and miss. We have to get Dakota up to speed. We even hit great these last couple of games, yet we gave up six runs.

Winning the arms race | NCAA.com

We literally need two sweeps and whatever we can muster against Bama. Lol that is being extremely optimistic. We may can sweep Auburn, we're not sweeping UT, hell we might not beat them. And i'm hoping to take one away from Bama.

Nola has a .88 ERA that is insane. At this point less we just get incredibly hot these last games i think we're done at the SEC tournament.

Saw Nola twice in person last year. He was the best I saw. Still is this year. Turnbull at alabama can bring it as well, just not as complete pitcher like Nola .

No. 1 Virginia beats No. 5 Florida State, wins 10th consecutive ACC series

Virginia Athletics

Last Updated - Apr 27, 2014 20:37 EDT

Contact |

Archive |

RSS

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Top-ranked Virginia earned another ACC series win with a 4-3 victory at No. 4 Florida State on Sunday. The Cavaliers (37-8, 18-6) took two of three games in the series to notch their 10th consecutive ACC series win, dating to 2013.

Virginia also handed Florida State (33-11, 17-7 ACC) its first home ACC series defeat since May 2011 against Clemson, snapping a streak of 13 straight home ACC series victories for the Seminoles. UVa won just its second series ever in Tallahassee (2010).

Pitching and defense, combined with timely hitting, proved to be the difference once again for UVa. The Cavaliers limited FSU to four hits while playing their third errorless game of the weekend.

Virginia starting pitcher Brandon Waddellhad another outstanding outing, going seven innings and allowing just two earned runs, three hits and one walk. Waddell (6-2) struck out four in his ninth straight start of at least six innings. He issued a leadoff walk to John Nogowski in the fourth inning, snapping his streaks of 33.1 consecutive innings without a walk and 37.2 straight innings without an unintentional walk.

Nick Howard came into a bases-loaded, two-out situation in the eighth inning and struck out the final four Seminole batters to record his ACC-leading 15th save of the season.

Mike Papi had a pair of two-out hits and drove in three runs for Virginia. Nate Irving added a pair of hits, and Kenny Towns swatted a solo home run.

Florida State starting pitcher Bryant Holtmann (5-1) worked 3.1 innings, giving up three earned runs, four hits and two walks before leaving the game with an apparent injury. Peter Miller came on in emergency relief and pitched three innings, allowing one run.

Virginia took a 3-0 lead in the third inning. With one out Towns launched a solo home run over the wall in left-center field for his second homer of the year. Irving followed with an infield single, and with two outs, Papi lined a double into the right-field corner, scoring a pair of runs.

FSU responded with two runs in its half of the third on a two-run home run to left-center by John Sansone, his second long ball of the year.

The Cavaliers added a run in the seventh inning. Towns drew a leadoff walk and advanced to second on an Irving sacrifice. Billy Strode entered in relief, and Towns alertly stole third. Strode struck out Branden Cogswell but walked Daniel Pinero on a 3-2 pitch. Papi then went the other way and slapped a single to left to score Towns.

FSU scored a run in the eighth against reliever Connor Jones. DeLuzio hit a leadoff single to center and after pinch hitter Casey Smith walked, Jameis Winston laid down a sacrifice bunt. Jones intentionally walked DJ Stewart to load the bases and struck out Sansone for the second out but then walked Nogowski to force in a run. Howard entered the game and struck out Jose Brizuela on a ball in the dirt to end the threat.

UNC beat them in series iirc and yet they didn't move a rank. Which is weird

And we got beat 8-1by Over Dose University...ODU

Msu sweeps auburn. Alabama gets swept by Florida. Things are getting interesting in the west.

And LSU falls to A&M this puts MSU at 2nd in the west behind ole miss. Whether we can finish strong or not is another story. This lost to A&M last week doesn't sting so bad anymore. State is writing articles about how we swept auburn, a 25-21 team. That should be expected. Tennessee isn't going to bow down like auburn. The other problem is UT can hit like a mofo, they're much like Kentucky lots of batters of .300. Bama will be looking to rebound from this two series setback as well. So these last six games for us is going to be extremely difficult and crucial. Will be interesting to see how this team responds.

This weekend was a disaster!!!! If it weren't for the "Catch" of the year friday night LSU would of got swept!!! I'm so over this total small ball shit and the lack of hitting in college baseball. It has overcome the game. The total lack of hitters in the game is depressing.

This weekend was a disaster!!!! If it weren't for the "Catch" of the year friday night LSU would of got swept!!! I'm so over this total small ball shit and the lack of hitting in college baseball. It has overcome the game. The total lack of hitters in the game is depressing.

I agree dag, but with the bats it's tougher. Also I think the pitching is overall better in college now than it was years ago during the long ball era. Word is that their going to a major league type ball next year that should help with the offensive numbers.

Last edited:
And LSU falls to A&M this puts MSU at 2nd in the west behind ole miss. Whether we can finish strong or not is another story. This lost to A&M last week doesn't sting so bad anymore. State is writing articles about how we swept auburn, a 25-21 team. That should be expected. Tennessee isn't going to bow down like auburn. The other problem is UT can hit like a mofo, they're much like Kentucky lots of batters of .300. Bama will be looking to rebound from this two series setback as well. So these last six games for us is going to be extremely difficult and crucial. Will be interesting to see how this team responds.
Are you going to make it over for the bama series. If so we may have some pregame cookouts and I could get us tix. I'm good friends with bamas pitching coach.

Are you going to make it over for the bama series. If so we may have some pregame cookouts and I could get us tix. I'm good friends with bamas pitching coach.

I'm going to try, most definitely. I'll keep you posted it all depends on my work schedule.

I agree dag, but with the bats it's tougher. Also I think the pitching is overall better in college now than it was years ago during the long ball era.

They're supposed to be reducing the seams next year to reduce the control on the ball correct?

Mark no doubt it's tougher to get the ball out of the park, I fully agree with that. But, good hitters would be putting the bat on the ball way more than what im seeing now. Good batting averages don't necessarily come from downtowners!!

I use LSU as an example. Look at last years team average at this time compared to this years! It stinks. And although I don't have the time to do a statistical comparison with other teams, I'd be willing to bet it's a trend.

Just take a look respectively at each team you've seen. There is usually one or two guys that are getting the bat on the ball consistently. I have to stick to my guns that the level of hitters at least in the SEC is lagging.

I know im old school and in my day the pitching absolutely wasn't as good overall as it is now. Pitching has improved undoubtedly. But that doesn't mean hitting goes in the tank as bad as it has.

Just sayin :)

I'm editing because I forgot to say prior. I get it during the Gorilla ball era a lot of average guys were hitting the ball out of the park that shouldn't have. The change was made to limit that power, for the pitchers sake! which is BS.

I'm watching these little average dudes trying to swing like Barry Bonds and popping up consistently. OK in my day if that would have happened you can bet Eddie Stanky would of ran you till your nuts were dragging the ground if you kept popping up. Why the hell haven't the hitting coaches adapted to what is at present. Shorten these guys strokes and get more base hits!!!

Rant over, lol

Last edited:
Mark no doubt it's tougher to get the ball out of the park, I fully agree with that. But, good hitters would be putting the bat on the ball way more than what im seeing now. Good batting averages don't necessarily come from downtowners!!

I use LSU as an example. Look at last years team average at this time compared to this years! It stinks. And although I don't have the time to do a statistical comparison with other teams, I'd be willing to bet it's a trend.

Just take a look respectively at each team you've seen. There is usually one or two guys that are getting the bat on the ball consistently. I have to stick to my guns that the level of hitters at least in the SEC is lagging.

I know im old school and in my day the pitching absolutely wasn't as good overall as it is now. Pitching has improved undoubtedly. But that doesn't mean hitting goes in the tank as bad as it has.

Just sayin :)

I'm editing because I forgot to say prior. I get it during the Gorilla ball era a lot of average guys were hitting the ball out of the park that shouldn't have. The change was made to limit that power, for the pitchers sake! which is BS.

I'm watching these little average dudes trying to swing like Barry Bonds and popping up consistently. OK in my day if that would have happened you can bet Eddie Stanky would of ran you till your nuts were dragging the ground if you kept popping up. Why the hell haven't the hitting coaches adapted to what is at present. Shorten these guys strokes and get more base hits!!!

Rant over, lol
I agree with that dag!

Black ops, my understanding of the new ball will be harder and have lower seems. They say it should add 30 feet of distance to what their currently using. On the other hand pitchers will have more velocity with these balls. Prob 2 to 3 mph because wind reduction on the ball because not as much seam to catch air resistance. This on the other hand will not allow pitchers as much movement on their pitches and breaking balls. I've proven that MLB balls get you a little more velocity than college high seam baseballs. MLB balls are also much firmer than the college ball, hence adding distance. Hope that answered your question .

Virginia just swept Georgia Tech three games. That should put us back in first place. Go Hoo's.

Glad we won, but i can't help but feel we got lucky. I guess it takes a while to develop freshman but with so many stars on the roster it's hard for me to not to wonder why we haven't seen guys like Paul Young, Dakota Hudson, Reid Humphreys, the list goes on. The only freshman i have seen is Gavin Collins and Cody Brown. I know we're struggling with hitting and strand more runners than a sinking ship in the middle of Atlantic, but damn i'm surprised we haven't seen a little of Dakota and Paul. Dakota has been clocked at 96mph, owned a 1.09 ERA, and a 124-14 strike out to walk ratio, in 66 innings. Paul also been clocked at 94mph, not quite as good of stats at Dakota but we've lacked in hard pitching this year. The only thing we have is Lindgren and i like the guy but he's wild. If he could gain some control there is no doubt in my mind we could have a good starter on our hands. He is part of the reason we lost the opener against UT.

Oh awesome documentary on MSU Baseball
http://uverseonline.att.net/tv/show/mississippi-state-baseball#play=dk___dk_exc_sp0507_may14.mp4

Last edited:
I'm nervous about Bama, though it's because the reality is they're a far better team than us. I don't see us winning the series. Less we've just gotten hot all of a sudden. I say Bama wins it in two straight.

I'm nervous about Bama, though it's because the reality is they're a far better team than us. I don't see us winning the series. Less we've just gotten hot all of a sudden. I say Bama wins it in two straight.

You coming over. Bama starting a freshman pitcher tonight. Pitching coach told me short while ago. I think bama will take the series playing at home. They have better starting pitching.

They have better everything honestly. I can't make it. Though technically I'm off for the next 8 days I came home to help dad plant. We had a worker quit, so going to try to get home caught up.

I might go to Hoover though.

I watched them last week against LSU. They have pretty sound pitching!! Of course since we have little to no hitting in the SEC that's not a huge accomplishment, lol. As usual runners stranded off and on the entire game. They didn't hit the ball any better than LSU. Well maybe 2nd game a bit. They scored 5 runs.

Up 4-1! Errors giving us some leeway but right now we're hitting solid.

They have better everything honestly. I can't make it. Though technically I'm off for the next 8 days I came home to help dad plant. We had a worker quit, so going to try to get home caught up.

I might go to Hoover though.

. The bulldogs beat bama 9 to 4. They hit the ball real well. Got 15 hits! Go dogs!

Absolutely we've been long overdue for this club to finally come together and get some rhythm. Minus a couple of defensive errors here and there that's the best game i've seen from this club against a ranked opponent all year. It's the right time as well. One more win and that top 4 seed in the tournament should be secured. I haven't seen this club hit like that since Vandy which was a fluke, hopefully this isn't. C.T., Detz, Pirtle, Gav, and Heck were doing a tremendous job tonight. Trevor went a little further than i wanted him to go but hey it worked out. It will be interesting to see Lingrend or Mitchel tomorrow. As well as how Bama responds. I know they didn't want to have to run through their bullpen like they did, so it's depth is about to get tested i think.

Hopefully A&M can respond tomorrow and beat Ole Miss. They're definitely capable, but the Rebels are good on all fronts.

Last edited:
What a game tonight. I'm liking our lineup got some freshmen in there and they're hitting well. I want to see more from humphreys.

Great pitching by both clubs.

9th inning hopefully we get this next run