• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Colt 4x21 (carry handle mountable) seeking info

daybreak1199

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey all,
I have a Colt 4x21 scope which was given to me by a family member, no paper work or box. I am trying to determine if I have something that might be remotely valuable in a niche retro throw back market. I've done some research and found that a company named Hakko made some of the Colt 4x21 scopes. I have seen a few scopes that have the name Hakko imprinted on the body, my scope does not, actually I can't fine much on my scope other than the "Colt 4x21" imprinted on the top of the scope body. It has what appears to be a bullet drop compensator and a red illuminated reticle. Any help in determining if this scope is a keeper or more for a garage sale would be greatly appreciated.

V/R
Jason

[img:left]
20120303_151031.jpg
[/img]

20120303_151317.jpg
[/img]

20120303_151046.jpg
[/img]

Re: Colt 4x21 (carry handle mountable) seeking info

I have owned 2 of the old Colt scopes. The first I ordered was a 3x20 with a Colt SP1 AR-15 back in the mid 70's and the second was a 4x20 in the late 80's when I sold the SP1 and ordered a SP2. There wasn't many good options back then to mount scopes on the carrying handle, and I thought the little Colt scopes worked pretty well for their intended purpose. I have never seen one like yours with the illuminated reticle. Here are some pictures of mine.
Colt4x20scope005.jpg

Colt4x20scope002.jpg

Colt4x20scope001.jpg

Colt4x20scope006.jpg

Colt4x20scope007.jpg

Colt4x20scope008.jpg

Very nice, do you know if there are buyers out there for these or are there just too many floating around to be worth anything?

I don't see them that often. With the flat top upper receivers now being used, there are better choices.

do you still have this scope and do you want to sell it?

Jon

These can go for a decent amount of money, but only to the right people so it can take some time to sell it.

I have seen many of these, but never an illuminated one. First thing I thought when I saw your pictures was that it seemed like there was too many knobs!

One problem is that there are also some Chinese knockoffs. Personally I have no idea how to tell what is authentic or not.