• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Commander of the CVN Roosevelt relieved....

I’m not your “bro”. You’re an ignorant little boy who’s ignorance amuses me.
Pride is pride not because it hates being wrong, but because it loves being wrong: To hate being wrong is to change your opinion when you are proven wrong; whereas pride, even when proven wrong, decides to go on being wrong.

Sorry to hear that Capt Cozier will not get his command back. But I understand. Big Navy hates it when a CO, or anyone with authority, shows any concern for those under them. I've been in commands where Embrace the Suck! and Needs of Navy Outweigh Needs of Sailor! were the daily mottos. Plus he did send an email out that SOMEONE else leaked to the media, but his name was on it. So when embarressed, the Navy does what it can to send a message to other sailors so they won't do it again.

I am glad that the Admiral is getting some blow back. If he had agreed with Cozier that there was an issue brewing and something needed to be done to mitigate the spread. He knew the game that reporting anything bad somehow is his personal fault, and would lose his second star. So he was willing to risk his sailors lives in a non-combat situation for his gain. Zero respect for that guy. I only hoped his resignation letter would have been sent to him at some point, just needed his signature.

Sorry to hear that Capt Cozier will not get his command back. But I understand. Big Navy hates it when a CO, or anyone with authority, shows any concern for those under them. I've been in commands where Embrace the Suck! and Needs of Navy Outweigh Needs of Sailor! were the daily mottos. Plus he did send an email out that SOMEONE else leaked to the media, but his name was on it. So when embarressed, the Navy does what it can to send a message to other sailors so they won't do it again.

I am glad that the Admiral is getting some blow back. If he had agreed with Cozier that there was an issue brewing and something needed to be done to mitigate the spread. He knew the game that reporting anything bad somehow is his personal fault, and would lose his second star. So he was willing to risk his sailors lives in a non-combat situation for his gain. Zero respect for that guy. I only hoped his resignation letter would have been sent to him at some point, just needed his signature.

Its not about care of Command for the men.

Guy endangered a strategic asset.

He could have cared for his men in a discrete manner through the chain of command without calling attention to himself.

Bye Felicia.......

Reactions: Sierra770 and Fig
I’m not your “bro”. You’re an ignorant little boy who’s ignorance amuses me.
Pride is pride not because it hates being wrong, but because it loves being wrong: To hate being wrong is to change your opinion when you are proven wrong; whereas pride, even when proven wrong, decides to go on being wrong.
Rent free brohan. Rent free...

Honor. Courage. Commitment.

Anyone know what those are are where they came from? My sailors here better know. But in my travels I saw that the last one gets muddled alot. My first command the fighter pilots somehow made it about them and turned it into something about themselves. But here it is from the Navy webpage: https://www.navy.mil/navydata/nav_legacy.asp?id=193
Commitment: "I will obey the orders ..." Accordingly, we will: Demand respect up and down the chain of command; Care for the safety, professional, personal and spiritual well-being of our people; Show respect toward all people without regard to race, religion, or gender; Treat each individual with human dignity; Be committed to positive change and constant improvement; Exhibit the highest degree of moral character, technical excellence, quality and competence in what we have been trained to do. The day-to-day duty of every Navy man and woman is to work together as a team to improve the quality of our work, our people and ourselves.

Basically Cozier took the stance that the well being of his sailors was important and was trying to look after them when the admiral was too busy planning his promotion ceremony. And how is allowing a whole crew be exposed to and some die from a disease not endangering a strategic asset?

Oh, and NIPR is secure. Yes, it is unclass, and you can reach the rest of the net. But Emails have been encrypted. Trust me. I travel a lot on government orders as a contractor now. And my .gov admin person regularly sends them out at the last minute. Literally need to print them out as I am waiting for the cab to pick me up last minute. But since they contain PII, I need to be logged into a secure server with a CAC card to get them. If they try to forward them to my personal or corporate EMail, the orders are either behind a CAC card lock, or stripped from the EMail.

That is such a bunch of crapola. He was relieved for broadcasting to our enemies that a critical element of our war fighting ability had been incapacitated, period.
The rest of that shit is just your personal opinion, and BTW the ship is more important than the sailors. It isn’t a fucking social program, it’s a warship.

The article I read yesterday on this said something to the findings of how the crew got exposed to covid19 in the first place... I dont see that in the CNN article posted above.

Anyone know what those are are where they came from? My sailors here better know. But in my travels I saw that the last one gets muddled alot. My first command the fighter pilots somehow made it about them and turned it into something about themselves.

Know the difference between fighter pilots and God?

Obviously you’ve never been on an underway attack team if you think it’s about the sailors and not about fighting the ship.

Nope. Never did a WestPac in 2000 and 2002. Or boots on ground in Afghanistan in 2004, or Iraq in 2006-7. And back to sea in 2009. Oh wait. I did. And last sea duty was as a department head in the DesRon. My third command, a shore duty that forward deployed me to Iraq, is why I got out. Those little T Shirt motivation phrases used to justify why core values were ignored became too much. It was clear that 'the spreadsheet' was more important than the troops. The command even had prohibited a JOPA from forming, even when one of the issues we were upset about also hit the deputy commander. Because having junior offiers band together and ask the head shed questions on their policies that was killing moral was too much for them. And other commands that didn't take care of their sailors had predictable results. Look at the two at sea collisions in 2017. The fight the ship mentality over little things like crew rest really showed.

I posted this above, and it seems to have been ignored. What would happen if people starting dropping dead on the ship and hundreds of other sailors infected, then what? The ship would still have to be pulled from the line to figure it out, and the brass and retired brass turned TV pundents would be screaming for Cozier's removal for not doing anything. Cozier was in a bad spot. So sticking to those core values,he did the right thing. And if the battle croup admiral was refusing to help, then what? Accept sailors were going to get sick and die in peacetime?

So sending an EMail over a secure network is now an OPSEC violation. And NIPR does have encryption. Got it. Wait, what if it was sent over SIPR channels, and the guy who leaked it still printed it off and gave it to the network? Still an OPSEC violation on Cozier's part? People keep forgetting he didn't contact the media. He reached out to maybe a dozen other senior officers looking for support.

Oh, would it help the situation that medical information is at most U//FOUO material? You do know what that is, right??? And what is the proper channel for that information?

That is such a bunch of crapola. He was relieved for broadcasting to our enemies that a critical element of our war fighting ability had been incapacitated, period.
The rest of that shit is just your personal opinion, and BTW the ship is more important than the sailors. It isn’t a fucking social program, it’s a warship.
If you read the article, you’d see this from the CNO:
“The determination that I just mentioned about his not being reinstated to command, and the action holding the strike group commander's promotion in advance, that's not about the email that he sent, and it's certainly not about the fact that it leaked," he said.
"Captain Crozier hit send once in that email. Captain Crozier did not leak that email or intend for it to be leaked. So at that time, I felt that the facts did not justify relief based on the narrow scope," Gilday added.”

So maybe he was initially relieved for the email and leak, but both investigations found this was not sufficient for his initial relief or the upholding of his relief. It seems this is the reason for upholding his relief:
“The results of the latest Navy probe faulted Capt. Brett Crozier for several missteps, including not adhering to proper protocols to prevent the pandemic's spread on the ship, such as social distancing, and being too slow in evacuating sailors from the ship once it arrived in port in Guam, they said.”

Now, having been on navy ships before, I have no idea how anyone could seriously think “social distancing” would be possible (bunks are stacked on top of one another, crew’s mess is shoulder to shoulder, passageways require you to turn sideways to pass somebody, etc). the evacuation piece is interesting as I thought that’s what CAPT Crozier was advocating for in his letter, but I’ll assume the later investigation found something about this that’s not being elaborated on here.

I’ll not comment more on the CAPT’s removal, but I will say any CO that says the ship is more important than the sailors doesn’t deserve to be in command. After all, a warship without a well trained crew may as well be a target barge.

Reactions: IrishWind

Anyone know what those are are where they came from? My sailors here better know. But in my travels I saw that the last one gets muddled alot. My first command the fighter pilots somehow made it about them and turned it into something about themselves. But here it is from the Navy webpage: https://www.navy.mil/navydata/nav_legacy.asp?id=193

Basically Cozier took the stance that the well being of his sailors was important and was trying to look after them when the admiral was too busy planning his promotion ceremony. And how is allowing a whole crew be exposed to and some die from a disease not endangering a strategic asset?

Oh, and NIPR is secure. Yes, it is unclass, and you can reach the rest of the net. But Emails have been encrypted. Trust me. I travel a lot on government orders as a contractor now. And my .gov admin person regularly sends them out at the last minute. Literally need to print them out as I am waiting for the cab to pick me up last minute. But since they contain PII, I need to be logged into a secure server with a CAC card to get them. If they try to forward them to my personal or corporate EMail, the orders are either behind a CAC card lock, or stripped from the EMail.

Basically that little ditty some pogue created leaves out "Winning".

If the last twenty years has taught us anything its that the lower ranks dont matter.

When the life of a goat herd or possible collateral damage exceeds the concern for the cost of a US fighting mans life than you know they dont give a shit.

We have been fighting two wars with absolutely no strategic objective other than to keep the bleeding slow enough not to alarm too many people.

Oh but a nuclear strategic asset gets the sniffles and chicken little wants to leak it out that he is in a panic.

Fuck him.

Fuck the people like him.

If you read the article, you’d see this from the CNO:
“The determination that I just mentioned about his not being reinstated to command, and the action holding the strike group commander's promotion in advance, that's not about the email that he sent, and it's certainly not about the fact that it leaked," he said.
"Captain Crozier hit send once in that email. Captain Crozier did not leak that email or intend for it to be leaked. So at that time, I felt that the facts did not justify relief based on the narrow scope," Gilday added.”

So maybe he was initially relieved for the email and leak, but both investigations found this was not sufficient for his initial relief or the upholding of his relief. It seems this is the reason for upholding his relief:
“The results of the latest Navy probe faulted Capt. Brett Crozier for several missteps, including not adhering to proper protocols to prevent the pandemic's spread on the ship, such as social distancing, and being too slow in evacuating sailors from the ship once it arrived in port in Guam, they said.”

Now, having been on navy ships before, I have no idea how anyone could seriously think “social distancing” would be possible (bunks are stacked on top of one another, crew’s mess is shoulder to shoulder, passageways require you to turn sideways to pass somebody, etc). the evacuation piece is interesting as I thought that’s what CAPT Crozier was advocating for in his letter, but I’ll assume the later investigation found something about this that’s not being elaborated on here.

I’ll not comment more on the CAPT’s removal, but I will say any CO that says the ship is more important than the sailors doesn’t deserve to be in command. After all, a warship without a well trained crew may as well be a target barge.

Social distancing......like the social distancing that the democrat party aka "The Communists" allowed to occur during the recent riots.

Who would do a better job Navy crews that understand field day? Or the residents of CHAZ?