• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Computer split screen or 2 monitors?

So I messed around with a 2nd monitor yesterday I forgot was in storage an old little Dell one. Hmmm. Does it help to angle the monitors in a bit so you are not twisting all the time. Ccould be that I'm simply used to being squared up in front of a monitor dead center. Is that the beauty of a curved monitor with eyes? I have atrocious vision.

Actually right now seeing how a monitor above like you do might fix that simply by staying squared up and looking up vs sideways. Hard to imagine I know, but my Rx is so strong I can't look at side of lenses I don't get crisp image....need to center up in middle of lenses. Saw a youtube vid of a guy who tested a monitor angled on desk just in front of keyboard and one above desktop monitor...kind of liked the look down idea of angled desktop. Looking up bothers neck when I'm at someones home who has a wall monuted tv up high.
I can’t really speak to if it helps when you have a strong Rx. The curved monitors can be hard to adjust to in the beginning. You also have to watch the R number. The lower the number the greater the curve. Mine is in 1800R which is very subtle and almost can appear flat. The newer 1000r ones are super curvy and I didn’t care for it. Great for gaming but not for productivity. The R means how many of the monitors would be required to make a full circle. 1800R would need 180. 1000R needs 100.

ETA…..one thing that can be done if the larger curved monitors bother your eyes due to your script is create some distance. Instead of using a smaller desktop which is typically only like 24” if you have the space use a 30-36” depth. That way you are using less peripheral vision. Plus you get the bonus of extra real estate. But not everyone has that kind of space.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yasherka
Orlando. We considered somewhere near Tampa but just weren’t familiar enough to make a good decision. I’ll likely be building a home over on the SW side near Disney so I’ll be closer to JTAC. Already contacted regarding membership.

Oh.
Man I hope you like it there.
I avoid Orlando and the I-4 corridor any time I can.
I don't even use I-4 in Tampa unless I'm going to visit my mom.

I live south east of Tampa.
East of Riverview and south of Brandon.

Rebecca and I don't do a lot of shopping or going out, so having all of that close by isn't important.

If I could live further out, I would.

BTW, we're hitting JTAC tomorrow if you're interested. BBQ after shooting...

Reactions: lash
Oh.

Rebecca and I don't do a lot of shopping or going out, so having all of that close by isn't important.

I think I've 'cleared my plate' for bbq after....tell Cherry I got her hooked up

Oh.

It’s not my first choice. I didn’t want to leave NC but here I am. I’ll have to pass on tomorrow. Much appreciate the invite. I’ll get out there ASAP. I’m blacking and work have me strapped down for the time being. Damn people wanting to go places.

Orlando. We considered somewhere near Tampa but just weren’t familiar enough to make a good decision. I’ll likely be building a home over on the SW side near Disney so I’ll be closer to JTAC. Already contacted regarding membership.
Since you’re now in Orlando, you can also consider shooting at VCGC as an option. It’s not as nice as JTAC at all for long range rifle, though we do have 900 yards, but for any kind of pistol or pistol comps or rifle comps, they offer a lot.

Feel free to contact me once you're all settled in and ready to go shooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Windrider_
Look up the LG CX 48. There's a reason a lot of Techtubers rave about it. I use it as my only monitor and with some extra utilities like Powertoys can size windows however I like.

My garage setup has 3 monitors. Well, 2, 21" monitors and a 42" TV for videos.

Why wouldn't you have several in your office?

Make me an offer. I know what I have here.

Attachments

• Untitled-17.png
    Untitled-17.png
    406.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Haha
Reactions: lash