• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Concealed Carry: What is your setup?

Wilson Combat Sentinel Compact w/alloy frame in a Milt Sparks VMII with 1 spare mag. Hornady CD 185 FTX

When this is not practical, a SIG P238 in a front pocket holster with a spare mag. Cor-Bon DPX

Same manual of arms either way.

Glock 19 in a Glock Sport/Combat Holster. Tried many different options that cost several times more, but the Glock holster just offers simplicity. Holds the weapon in tight, retains it better than the flavor of the day Kydex holster, and is light and flexible.

Sig 228

tomyleft.jpg

J frame in a nylon pocket holster with a Bianchi speed strip. Extremely comfortable, but only 5 shots before a painfully slow reload. I'm strongly considering a S&W shield in 40 cal. Like someone else said, I'm waiting for Glock to put out a single stack subcompact in 9 and 40. Whoever heads their R&D department has dropped the ball for the past decade.

I live in California and am not to be trusted with a gun. Only LEO's should have guns. :rolleyes:

Sadly, no concealed carry for me.....

Lots of different options way too many holsters after 44 years of carrying a gun at both at work and play. This is what I have been carrying and how, for a few years. Glock 23 with a KKM .357 Sig barrel and a Mexican string holster.

Attachments

• string c.jpg
    string c.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 19
Hacked up Glock 17 Gen 3 in a HSP/G-Code Glock 19 INCOG.

Kershaw Tremor (3 years strong)
Fox 479 Karambit

image (4).jpg

2 different setups

glock 23(heavily modded), with TLR1
bravo concealment holster
extra mag

XDM compact .45(not the pansy "S")
Theis hybrid horsehide
extra mag...both mags have the pierce grips lip on them..not extended capacity..just the lip

bench

I carry a 4th Generation Glock 19 in a JM Custom kydex AIWB secured with a Wilderness 5 stitch belt, TT Gunleather mag pouch for the extra magazine and a Benchmade Griptilian.

Richard [MENTION=3594]CS[/MENTION] Tactical

2 different setups

glock 23(heavily modded), with TLR1
bravo concealment holster
extra mag

XDM compact .45(not the pansy "S")
Theis hybrid horsehide
extra mag...both mags have the pierce grips lip on them..not extended capacity..just the lip

bench

I dunno 'bout you but my XDs is awesome to carry, I think you should give it a chance. Are you a big guy? If so that might explain why you dont like the XDs.

M&P .45 loaded with Speer Gold Dots. Holster is a kydex IWB a buddy made for me. Don't have a picture of it handy at the moment but it's a pretty comfy little holster.

5" 1911 in a Big Ugly Leather Works MKIII Do All. This rig totally turned me off store bought holsters all together. Most comfortable thing hands down whether worn IWB, or OWB.

MKIIdoall1911_zps9fc3871a.jpg

Usually carry a spare Wilson Combat 10 rounder, SOG Twitch II knife for the random box or two that needs opening, SOG PowerLock multi-tool, soapstone, and Moleskine book as well.

Last edited:
I dunno 'bout you but my XDs is awesome to carry, I think you should give it a chance. Are you a big guy? If so that might explain why you dont like the XDs.

i owned the XDS for almost a year...its the only gun i have ever sold..just dont like anything about it and never will..

i gave it a fair chance..put well over 10,000 rounds through it..just cant stand it

bench

My set up, Ed Brown Executive Elite, Milt Sparks VM2, Milt Sparks BN-55, Wilson Combat. 47c magazines, belt by a The Beltman

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 24
I've got a Glock 19 with TLR-2. All work done by yours truly. It is stippled, shaved, undercut. I put a _____ (can't remember the brand) 3.5# connecter in there, filed the overtravel bar down to just enough so the trigger would break reliably. I also put a lighter trigger spring in it. I messed with a competition spring kit for a while when I wasn't carrying it and it just never shot as well. I now have just the trigger spring from the kit in there and it feels great. Its right at 3.8#, pretty crisp with a great reset (.... for a glock). I've got around a metric shit ton of rounds through it probably 10,000+ (lost track after the first 7 cans of 9mm lol).
I carry it in a High Desert Custom Kydex holster that can be worn IWB or OWB and am working on a drop leg system for it since it gets in the way of my plates at times. There usually a pocket knife but no need for a light as the guns already got 200 lumen of it.
I also have a Noveske that is hidden with a quick latch release in the truck of the vehicle in case SHTF. Can't see it unless you know where to look.

My old setup with a G17 TT Gunleather AIWB, G19, 124gr +p, TT Gunleather mag pouch and Wilderness Belt.
IMG_20131204_083403_zpsqa9y8gmf.jpg

My current setup with the JM Custom Kydex AIWB .93 thickness/extra tuck and a G19 wedge and a prototype "Gadget"

IMG_20140314_172130_zpsidchjsgk.jpg

IMG_20140314_174220_zpshxtecb3i.jpg

IMG_20140314_175034_zps86sltjjx.jpg

IMG_20140314_175422_zps5mwlraro.jpg

IMG_20140618_202625_zpshpilrhnt.jpg

These threads always make me think of posting a "what is your address, where do you key your spare key, and what is your gun safe combination" thread just to see who will post up their unmentionables.

I carry a tin foil hat and a sense of self-assured security that my local law enforcement professional will protect me, should anyone ever wish to do me harm - not that anyone ever would.

Carry on, serious marksmen, carry on.

A pre-lock S&W 342ti, about 13oz loaded, pocket or ankle carry. Simple, lightweight and reliable, but I will admit theres some awfully nice slim semis out there these days.

I love the variety of concealed carry setups that are presented on this thread! It really just goes to show how beautiful this craft is, so many good choices out there that everyone can pick their own flavor and size that suits them best.

These threads always make me think of posting a "what is your address, where do you key your spare key, and what is your gun safe combination" thread just to see who will post up their unmentionables.

I carry a tin foil hat and a sense of self-assured security that my local law enforcement professional will protect me, should anyone ever wish to do me harm - not that anyone ever would.

But aren't you already posting on a gun forum as well? Just being an active member here, most will assume you own firearms :cool:
Most true tinfoil type wouldn't even post anywhere like this publicly, nor post their location.

I have 3 on my CCW, a full size .45, a Glock Model 22, and a Glock Model 20 all in Galco holsters

M&P 9 riding in an HSP/G-Code INCOG Holster. For typical daily carry, I use the Mag Caddy and carry both appendix. During Winter (when I can actually wear a hoodie/Columbia) I use a pair of HSGI Pistol TACOs on a Raven Concealment ModuLoader frame...not cumbersome or heavy IMO, and its 51 rounds on my person. Carry the M&P at 3 or 4 oclock in the INCOG without having to fiddle with the position of the clip...solid repeatable draw...hangs onto my belt well. Conceals well, and I am built like a stick at that...if going out at night I'll rock the ModuLoader/TACOs with one spare mag and my Surefire G2X. M&P Shield mags work awesome in the TACOs as well...I need good Kydex for that gun still though.

About the most conscious decision I have to make during summertime is what shirt I'm putting on...I look like I'm expecting a small box or trying to steal something if I choose poorly when carrying appendix.

Glock 32 357 Sig. When I carry I pack Underwood 115 grain or 124 grain bonded hollow points. I am considering a switch to the 147 grain.

Kitty

I carry my backup, a Glock 27, off-duty concealed either on the ankle holster I wear while on duty or it's carried in a CB Supertuck. I try not to leave home without it, but there are times I leave it behind.

XDS 45 in a kydex iwb holster plus reload, Hornady critical defense 185's. Shoots very well, is damn comfortable to carry, and I can conceal it quite well even under a tshirt. The pierce grip extension makes a world of difference once I can get my pinky on to it and it doesn't make any difference on printing.

Wow! A 5.7? I too would be concerned with over penetration with that short .223. But if I had one I'd carry it no doubt! During the winter I have a gov't model 1911, or a S&W 29. When it warms up, I'm really diggin' this S&W 642. Sometimes a Glock 19. The 642 is the only one I actually just put in a back pocket, the others ride OWB leather from Galco or Ritchie out of Buffalo. Great thread! Carry an old Bersa .22 also. Almost fits in a pocket. Good luck and good shooting!

Doug

Wait a minute! Tin foil? Where can I find this precious metal before congress inacts the "Anti-Al-you-min-um Law of 2014"? " Guns....guns....guns...C'mon Sal....Tigers are playin' tonight..I never miss a game!"

:)

Since it is on my side while I am up and at the bedside while asleep your best bet would be to try to take it while I shower.

Mr.