• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience, only cock gobblers refer to a bolt gun with a scope as a ‘sniper rifle’.

In my experience, dudes with creds share their creds confidentially with guys of similar background/knowledge base (Thesis’ email).

In my experience, cocksuckers who lawyer up immediately when called out are shady ass pirates.

I think this Inner Circle guy is a fucking turd.

Reactions: JimLee
It’s unfortunate that the OP misrepresented the Inner Circle Protection class and got everyone needlessly worked up. His story is not entirely representative of the truth, I know because I was there. I am the photographer that the OP referenced that he wasn’t happy about being there, despite him pinging me on Facebook and asking if I had any photos of him from the class after I failed to post any of him on my social media pages.

I came upon this posting quite by accident because my photo was flagged as appearing here, and once I read the thread I felt it appropriate to chime in and alert everyone that while some of his complaints were legitimate (class did start late, a first-time instructor wasn’t as prepared as he could have been) the majority of the story is a misrepresentation.

I can expand further if need be, but I’d rather not be publicly malicious to the OP.

Hi,

OP----Is that a SWAT tattoo on your arm? Current or Former?
Did you ever get that USMC Sniper Manual you were seeking?
View attachment 6981026

Sincerely,
Theis

You do know that when using snap caps the dog should also be wearing hearing protection. :)

In all seriousness, there are so many people trying to capitalize on the buzzwords.

It’s very sad...

Vet your classes

It’s unfortunate that the OP misrepresented the Inner Circle Protection class and got everyone needlessly worked up. His story is not entirely representative of the truth, I know because I was there. I am the photographer that the OP referenced that he wasn’t happy about being there, despite him pinging me on Facebook and asking if I had any photos of him from the class after I failed to post any of him on my social media pages.

I came upon this posting quite by accident because my photo was flagged as appearing here, and once I read the thread I felt it appropriate to chime in and alert everyone that while some of his complaints were legitimate (class did start late, a first-time instructor wasn’t as prepared as he could have been) the majority of the story is a misrepresentation.

I can expand further if need be, but I’d rather not be publicly malicious to the OP.

This time of the year, between T-day, Xmas, Kwanzaa, Festivus, and the New Year, it's easy to expand further. I am impressed at your break-neck speed in response to the jungle drums, though, Mr. Ghost Who Walks.

So much to winnow through here ...

Reactions: Bender
You all being saying the OP be righteous but this is what really happened that led to the shit coming to a head.

This time of the year, between T-day, Xmas, Kwanzaa, Festivus, and the New Year, it's easy to expand further. I am impressed at your break-neck speed in response to the jungle drums, though, Mr. Ghost Who Walks.

So much to winnow through here ...

Haha well I can’t take credit for the speediness, I subscribe to a paid service that monitors for my photos appearing on pages outside my own. It’s been worth the $5.99 a month lol.

We're just trying to figure out what happened. As you can see, the OP showed up and was all 'these guys suck' and we basically wanted more info. Going onto their facebook and website made it seem credible that it was a shit show, but now other things have come to light in that the OP may be a fucking weirdo. Or not. We don't know anything outside of the OP, what the lawyer had said to Theis on the phone, the horrible light facebook/company webpage paints the company and instructors in and now you.

I've heard of people say a Paul Howe course sucked. I may not have the story 100% right but it went something like some guy thought he could beat Paul at 1 specific pistol drill and kept interrupting the class to try to goad Paul into a challenge. When Paul told the guy hed do it if they got to do hand to hand afterwards, the guy tucked his tail between his legs and said the class sucked afterwards.

So if youd like, feel free to walk us through what happened.

Flappies what happens out West is always better 'cause they got hours and hours and hours yet to gnash their teeth and howl at the stars.

We're just trying to figure out what happened. As you can see, the OP showed up and was all 'these guys suck' and we basically wanted more info. Going onto their facebook and website made it seem credible that it was a shit show, but now other things have come to light in that the OP may be a fucking weirdo. Or not. We don't know anything outside of the OP, what the lawyer had said to Theis on the phone, the horrible light facebook/company webpage paints the company and instructors in and now you.

I've heard of people say a Paul Howe course sucked. I may not have the story 100% right but it went something like some guy thought he could beat Paul at 1 specific pistol drill and kept interrupting the class to try to goad Paul into a challenge. When Paul told the guy hed do it if they got to do hand to hand afterwards, the guy tucked his tail between his legs and said the class sucked afterwards.

So if youd like, feel free to walk us through what happened.

I can’t speak for the issues between the OP and the instructors as I am not first-party to those conversations, but I can tell you what I know first hand.

First off, in full disclosure, I know the owner of this training outfit and am on a first name basis with him, as I am with many, many of the instructors in Phoenix with whom I help. Also, I do pro-bono photography for training outfits local to Phoenix in order to inspire people to seek out training and it pads my portfolio with compelling content which lands me larger, paying clients. I have never received payment from Inner Circle Protection, nor any of the training companies with whom I work, so there is no money changing hands and this is my own unsponsored opinion.

If you’ve seen my work, you’d recognize that I take risks to both myself physically and to my equipment in order to get some of the angles and shots that I do (“danger Close”, right?). Ninety-five percent of my training photos are impromptu and unposed, and I’ve done this long enough to recognize when a shooter is unskilled or nervous and when getting the photo is not worth the risk of putting myself in danger. The OP fell under this category. In addition to the risks, it was quite clear that the OP was uncomfortable, and I presumed him to be a new shooter because unlike the rest of the students, he had an instructor assigned to him personally and I did not want to hinder his training by being the nuisance with the camera. It was quite evident that there was a disconnect between instructor and student because he repeatedly failed to follow the guidance of his instructor (he was not blatantly unsafe, mind you, he was just not “getting it”). This is the reason why I didn’t get many photos of him in comparison to the other students.

The OP messaged me on Facebook and asked if I had any shots of him shooting as he apparently noticed the lack of his appearance in those posted thus far, at which point I felt bad and didn’t want to discourage him from further training and searched the archive for what little I had of him, and on-the-spot processed his photos and shared them with him. Encouraging people to get good training is kind of what I do, after all.

To make a long story short, the OP received above-and-beyond personalized training with a dedicated instructor and he felt his experience was lacking, that’s his opinion and he’s entitled to it. He’s not entitled to sully the good name of the training company and the associated instructors. In the end, it was the shooter with the issue, not the instructor or course material. The OP stated that he felt he didn’t receive the training he paid for, when in fact he got far more attention and personalized work than anyone else attending training that day.

This is a very popular course for a reason. It is generally very good instruction and well presented. In fact, in exchange for my services I have the option of embedding a student tuition-free in each class I photograph and regularly invite new shooters as my guest to get them involved in training. As such, if any of you are local to Phoenix and would like to attend a future class from Inner Circle Protection to see for yourself that the quality of the course if far beyond the OP’s claims, I encourage you to contact me via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and I will bring you into a class as my guest. You need only bring a rifle, some ammo, a good attitude and some eagerness to have fun. Danger Close Digital on all platforms, I’m not hard to find at all.

I can’t speak for the issues between the OP and the instructors as I am not first-party to those conversations, but I can tell you what I know first hand.

First off, in full disclosure, I know the owner of this training outfit and am on a first name basis with him, as I am with many, many of the instructors in Phoenix with whom I help. Also, I do pro-bono photography for training outfits local to Phoenix in order to inspire people to seek out training and it pads my portfolio with compelling content which lands me larger, paying clients. I have never received payment from Inner Circle Protection, nor any of the training companies with whom I work, so there is no money changing hands and this is my own unsponsored opinion.

If you’ve seen my work, you’d recognize that I take risks to both myself physically and to my equipment in order to get some of the angles and shots that I do (“danger Close”, right?). Ninety-five percent of my training photos are impromptu and unposed, and I’ve done this long enough to recognize when a shooter is unskilled or nervous and when getting the photo is not worth the risk of putting myself in danger. The OP fell under this category. In addition to the risks, it was quite clear that the OP was uncomfortable, and I presumed him to be a new shooter because unlike the rest of the students, he had an instructor assigned to him personally and I did not want to hinder his training by being the nuisance with the camera. It was quite evident that there was a disconnect between instructor and student because he repeatedly failed to follow the guidance of his instructor (he was not blatantly unsafe, mind you, he was just not “getting it”). This is the reason why I didn’t get many photos of him in comparison to the other students.

The OP messaged me on Facebook and asked if I had any shots of him shooting as he apparently noticed the lack of his appearance in those posted thus far, at which point I felt bad and didn’t want to discourage him from further training and searched the archive for what little I had of him, and on-the-spot processed his photos and shared them with him. Encouraging people to get good training is kind of what I do, after all.

To make a long story short, the OP received above-and-beyond personalized training with a dedicated instructor and he felt his experience was lacking, that’s his opinion and he’s entitled to it. He’s not entitled to sully the good name of the training company and the associated instructors. In the end, it was the shooter with the issue, not the instructor or course material. The OP stated that he felt he didn’t receive the training he paid for, when in fact he got far more attention and personalized work than anyone else attending training that day.

This is a very popular course for a reason. It is generally very good instruction and well presented. In fact, in exchange for my services I have the option of embedding a student tuition-free in each class I photograph and regularly invite new shooters as my guest to get them involved in training. As such, if any of you are local to Phoenix and would like to attend a future class from Inner Circle Protection to see for yourself that the quality of the course if far beyond the OP’s claims, I encourage you to contact me via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and I will bring you into a class as my guest. You need only bring a rifle, some ammo, a good attitude and some eagerness to have fun. Danger Close Digital on all platforms, I’m not hard to find at all.

So, for you to judge their instructional prowess, what's your firearms background?

Fair enough. Obviously you may look more favorably at the company since you have somewhat of a relationship with them, but this is in line with what someone was told earlier today, separately.

So the million dollar question then is, what credentials does the cadre teaching these courses have?

So, for you to judge their instructional prowess, what's your firearms background?

I am not an instructor myself, and can only judge training companies relative to one another. I have taken probably 100+ of these classes myself over the years prior to my photographing them, for a good ten years I attended 1-2 classes per month and I know from a student’s standpoint of what information resonates and what doesn’t, and who can present the material in a clear and concise manner, who is patient with new students and who isn’t, and who delivers the best bang for the training dollar.

There is no shortage of tactical training companies in Phoenix, I assure you. I’ve worked with several dozen of them at one point or another and consistently work with those companies who I feel empower their students the most with confidence and knowledge. Inner Circle Protection is one of those companies.

What are the full names of the instructors and what is their stated experience?

I am not an instructor myself, and can only judge training companies relative to one another. I have taken probably 100+ of these classes myself over the years prior to my photographing them, for a good ten years I attended 1-2 classes per month and I know from a student’s standpoint of what information resonates and what doesn’t, and who can present the material in a clear and concise manner, who is patient with new students and who isn’t, and who delivers the best bang for the training dollar.

There is no shortage of tactical training companies in Phoenix, I assure you. I’ve worked with several dozen of them at one point or another and consistently work with those companies who I feel empower their students the most with confidence and knowledge. Inner Circle Protection is one of those companies.

1 * 12 = 12 ... 12 * 10 = 120

2 * 12 = 24 ... 24 * 10 = 240

So it's fair to assume that you've attended 180 clinics on average in ten years?

Reactions: Geno C.
Hey, what was the name of the dog shot in To Kill a Mockingbird?

1 * 12 = 12 ... 12 * 10 = 120

2 * 12 = 24 ... 24 * 10 = 240

So it's fair to assume that you've attended 180 clinics on average in ten years?

I’d lean more towards 110-120 classes over ten years, there were some months I didn’t have a course I was interested in, some months I’d attend two or three. The courses ranged the gamut from tactical field medicine to tactical firearms, so some months there were more, some months there were less.

Interdasting. I'm in Chandler, and while I'm a bit busy through the rest of the year, I'd be happy to take you up on that offer and report back. I don't have any formal training with a precision rifle, so I've nothing (yet) to compare it to, but I've done well enough at local matches. I can, however, compare the class to instruction I have received with regards to handguns and carbines. Perhaps I can help unmuddy the waters a touch as to the quality of training being offered. I'll drop you a line in the next day or so and see what we can work out...

Interdasting. I'm in Chandler, and while I'm a bit busy through the rest of the year, I'd be happy to take you up on that offer and report back. I don't have any formal training with a precision rifle, so I've nothing (yet) to compare it to, but I've done well enough at local matches. I can, however, compare the class to instruction I have received with regards to handguns and carbines. Perhaps I can help unmuddy the waters a touch as to the quality of training being offered. I'll drop you a line in the next day or so and see what we can work out...

I’d be more than happy to oblige, making new friends and contacts is always a net plus.

But still no word on who is actually teaching you to use this here sniper rifle.

The best information currently indicates that William Frawley may be one of the instructors.

the_inner_circle_movie_poster.png

You may know him better as ...

Fred Mertz.

Oh Tucker??? @Tucker301 ... Paging Col. Tucker... please pick up the white courtesy phone...

Some posts seem to have disappeared and you have magical powers to make them reappear, last we checked??

As for Lassie... never thought of it that way. I bet her and RinTinTin and bastard The Littlest Hobo... caused all that s#!+. While Timmy looked like he had autism. Pure evil right there.

Well, off to await the miracle that will be post Un-vanishing. Christmas really is a magic time of year!

Cheers, Sirhr

OMG, I'm thinking the Inner Circle sent an OAF team and took out Rocko1989 :eek: He's gone dark............or his mom caught him on the computer again.

Last edited:

Guy has a vid of a chick pulling a revolver from her waist band in training.

Enough said.

Granted "Cholo Carry" as it has been dubbed by an astute observer may be appropriate in some cases but Im expecting that those users are of a level where they probably operate in live shoot houses on a frequent basis not due to an inability to afford a proper holster.

Perhaps there is a holster somewhere in there but even still at that pace, seemingly highly structured supervised training that is going on in that video all I can think at best is the instructor mind set was "Well this is what the student brought so I will do my best to make them safe and proficient".

Still if that was the intent the last thing I would do is use it as promotion for my services.

Suggest your clients also excise reference to "stretching their jeans" over clients rifles.

That inuendo humor may fly in an asylum such as this but in an environment with people left, right and rear weilding shit that will kill me I dont need someone pulling a boner (so to speak).

Status
Not open for further replies.