• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Coriolanus

cavscout1983

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2007
Tulsa, OK
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lncg0ZBY6pg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lncg0ZBY6pg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Got it from Redbox. Dang good. I loved the juxtaposition of the modern visual with the retention of the Shakespearean dialogue.

What a great "take this job and shove it!" speech:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You common cry of curs! whose breath I hate
As reek o' the rotten fens, whose loves I prize
As the dead carcasses of unburied men
That do corrupt my air, I banish you;
And here remain with your uncertainty!
Let every feeble rumour shake your hearts!
Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes,
Fan you into despair! Have the power still
To banish your defenders; till at length
Your ignorance, which finds not till it feels,
Making not reservation of yourselves,
Still your own foes, deliver you as most
Abated captives to some nation
That won you without blows! Despising,
For you, the city, thus I turn my back:
There is a world elsewhere.
</div></div>

Re: Coriolanus

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i heard theres a cornholuranus 2 in the works </div></div>

laugh.gif

It would have to be a prequel as he died at the end. I didn't ruin anything, it's a story from 1600's based on truth from Rome. Hint: It's a Shakespearean tragedy, of course he dies.

is this like a proctology thread or a weakly veiled reference to me eotvos spanning member?

This version of Coriolanus is in my Netflix queue, but not too high up as I got burned by Julie Taymor's take on Titus Andronicus, which was just strange. I'll bump it higher, based on this review.

It took me a while to get into it, but I really did like it in the end - no pun intended, because anything with the word 'anus' in the title just has to be seen....
laugh.gif

When he was in the televised public forum and he started going off on the citizens, all I could think of was Tim the Enchanter.

Great movie, though.

I enjoyed it, the acting was great but getting use to the Shakespearean dialogue did take some getting use to.

I thought it was a very well done movie version of a great play that often gets overlooked.

It shows the problem with politics, in that the people that should lead are not usually good at pandering to the crowd and those that excel at pandering to the crowd should not lead.

I still think the story would have been better if he had refused to listen to the women at the end.