• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Correct gas port size for Daniel Defense 14.5 Gov profile midlegth barrel?

URGILOVERR

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2023
USA
Hey guys, stumbled across a spreadsheet today that had a list of manfufacters barrels and their gas port sizes all 14.5 variants for the Daniel Defense mid length barrels had a .076 I measured mine with some Class ZZ minus gauges and it measures .074? I know manufacturer sometimes switch things around so I was wondering if anyone has a DD 14.5 mid length gov barrel that has been recently manufactured they can check? Thanks.

Is yours brand new when measured? Have you had rounds through it and could there possibly be some carbon? Is the .002"causing issues?

Is yours brand new when measured? Have you had rounds through it and could there possibly be some carbon? Is the .002"causing issues?
It’s brand new, haven’t shot it yet I have 2 16” barrels that measured .072 which was correct according to the graph. So it has me wondering.

got a couple of choices ....
1. shoot it and see how it functions
2. file a warranty claim stating the internet said it should be 0.076"
3. ream it out .002 and see how it shoots

Might want to check with DD... maybe there is a tolerance spec as well???? +/- .002?

Might want to check with DD... maybe there is a tolerance spec as well???? +/- .002?
I just sent an email thank you I will be sure to ask about a tolerance spec.

I called and emailed they said it is .073 for a 16” gov mid and .076 for a 14.5 gov mid I told them it wasn’t a full gun but stripped barrels he’s awaiting an engineers input about the .002 tolerance spec maybe they make them smaller for stripped barrels.

New one measures at 0.076