• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Counter Sniper Military Optical Gunsight Corp.

jgt24

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2009
Minnesota
Has anyone heard of this company? i read one post a while back about what may be some optics from this company but they were talking about much lower priced optics. their website is www.countersniperusa.com. They have scopes that are in the $2,000-$7,000 range.

my question is, and my answer may actually be in the question, if I can get one of their $3,000 models for $700 is that because it's junk and the prices on their website are just to make them sound better than they are? I have a friend who is a sales rep for a lot of different hunting and outdoor companies and he has them as a client. that's how i can get it at that price. anyone have experience with their products and more particular these higher end models of theirs?

Re: Counter Sniper Military Optical Gunsight Corp.

Their name comes up about every 3 weeks... nobody is willing to waste their money on one, so for $700 you should get it and report back.

dont think that your buddy is giving you a good deal. You can get their so called "contract overruns" for well under 700. They are ok but for the money go else where and buy better optics at the same price, and like lowlight said buy on and shoot us a range report. Also next time try using the search function. I have one and if i can find the range report that i did ill post it up

good scope for 399.95 definitely not a 3500 dollar scope, i know that is a marketing gimmick
decent quality glass and construction, not great
Has illuminated reticles green and red
locking knob on windage and elevation turrets suck not good craftsmanship
realitivelty clear glass
Decent variable powered scope
not enough information on the scope itself, not like a S&B or nightforce manual that talks about that specific model
once again i know it is a marketing gimmick, because i have handled 3200 dollar Scmidht and Bender,Nightforce, and US Optics scopes and the countersniper doesnt hold its own with those optics
Also dont like the markings all over the scope, they make the company look like an airsoft manufacturer
Other than that for a 400 dollar scope its is decent, but them advertising it as a 3500 dollar optic is outright ridiculous
turrets are pretty mushy, no audible or distinct clicks.
Tracks decent

For your money like i said get something else. IE. SWFA Super Sniper, Falcon Menace, Used Mk4, Possibly a used IOR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jthomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone heard of this company? i read one post a while back about what may be some optics from this company but they were talking about much lower priced optics. their website is www.countersniperusa.com. They have scopes that are in the $2,000-$7,000 range.

my question is, and my answer may actually be in the question, if I can get one of their $3,000 models for $700 is that because it's junk and the prices on their website are just to make them sound better than they are? I have a friend who is a sales rep for a lot of different hunting and outdoor companies and he has them as a client. that's how i can get it at that price. anyone have experience with their products and more particular these higher end models of theirs? </div></div>

I tried to order a scope from them and two months later gave them a call wondering where it was and they said it was on a six month backorder and they did not know when they would be shipped in. I asked where they were being shipped from and the girl started to make up a bunch of crap of how they are made by them here in the USA and I asked for a address of the Manufacturing plant. They cancelled my order and she hung the phone up.
My friend still got his scope and loved it for about three months until he had to ship it back twice in one year. Buy a Super Sniper! Falcon! something better for that money!

Factory "overruns"? Who orders these things? Certainly not the US Govt. Anyone here have any "fiends" in the service who has been issued one? I sure don't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All our issue stuff is ACOG, Aimpoint, or Leupy </div></div>

Yeah, so who are all these counter snipers stocking up on these $7000 scopes? Maybe a terrorist network? LOL. Hey maybe this company has a good idea, use up all the enimes money on overpriced scopes.

also found this VERY amusing...

"What is 'Bertrillium-Zantitium'? Bertrillium is not a chemical compound and neither is Zantitium. It's supposed to be some type of lens coating but it could be anything since it's some TM. Then you have 'Proprietary rare earth/nitrogen gas purged, hard earth sealed'. What's that supposed to mean?"

"What is 'Bertrillium-Zantitium'? "

Bert gets 'trilled' and they put the juice on the lenses.

Bert's old lady eats Zantac and what comes out of her t*ttie* gets put on the lenses too.

Reminds me of the "Now with XP-7" ads of the late 1960s.

Proprietary rare earth/nitrogen/argon gas purged, hard earth sealed
Light Transmission MultiCoated: 24 step vacuum Bertrillium-Zantitium™ multicoating
AntiScratch Coatings: TitaniStar 68 Rockwell AntiScratch coating, both primary & ocular lenses
InfraRed band Filter Coating: InfraShield proprietary Daylight InfraRed spectrum blocker for rays 685nm and higher
Water/Vapor sheeting Coating: CSO HydroShear Moisture Displacement Coating
AntiStatic/DustDisplacement Treatment: CSO DustCaster Anti-Static IonCharge ......................................................................................Ninja WHAT?!

You can get this jewell for under $1300. This will rock a S&B or a USO. This has way more features, just read the add. Bertitium and gymnasium duechebaggery coatings 1/8 min 90 turn turrents(as opposed to that confusing and rediculous single turn turret), nifty USO-esque picture on the bell, "THIRD WORLD COUNTRY MILIARY USE ONLY" writing all over it, whats not to love?

Military overrun my ass. If you can get an answer out of them to explain this, your a better slueth than I am.

t16.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get this jewell for under $1300. This will rock a S&B or a USO. This has way more features, just read the add. Bertitium and gymnasium duechebaggery coatings 1/8 min 90 turn turrents(as opposed to that confusing and rediculous single turn turret), nifty USO-esque picture on the bell, "THIRD WORLD COUNTRY MILIARY USE ONLY" writing all over it, whats not to love?

Military overrun my ass. If you can get an answer out of them to explain this, your a better slueth than I am.

t16.jpg
</div></div>

Technology recovered in Roswell New Mexico. These models produced in area 51

I looked them up on the data base,to see f they had any Govt. contracts. and well you guessed it, nothing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AverageJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">also found this VERY amusing...

"What is 'Bertrillium-Zantitium'? Bertrillium is not a chemical compound and neither is Zantitium. It's supposed to be some type of lens coating but it could be anything since it's some TM. Then you have 'Proprietary rare earth/nitrogen gas purged, hard earth sealed'. What's that supposed to mean?" </div></div>

Hard earthed sealed Thats funny! Means they put them underground to be sealed ????? I looked at one at the FT.Benning PX, what a piece of crap.

Hard earth sealed = Elmer's glue and mud-pack.

It's VERY heat-resistant, you know.

I love these threads when the same question leads to the same response and then we all hope the guy who asked in the first place did not already buy the damn thing. The scope sounds better than anything I have ever seen (Including the scope itself) The weight is not to bad but the optics are crap and the turrets are crap and well if you want some china made scope that is used on the African desert by some poor kid forced into fighting then I guess that must be what they were talking about when they said factory overuns! I never see price drops like that on ACOGS and Aimpoint?

ok I got one a few months back from midway looks good glass was not to bad for $500 but I just felt I was being bull shitted by them .
I called they said it was made in the U.S the scope I got had not one marking on it no name no made in nothing .
so I asked why I said for such a high-end u.s made scope how could you forget your name ? or why if made in the usa why not put it on the scope it is a big selling point having a us made product just more bs they said send it back and they will send one out with the correct markings

so I said fuck it the markings are dumb any way I would rather not have it on the scope

so I mounted it in a larue mount and put it on top of my AR10 SASS after wasting about 100 rounds trying to get it to track correctly I said enough
called midway told them the company is a scam and the scope sucks I sent it back with out a problem

I NOW HAVE A 3.5-15X50 NIGHTFORCE WOW WHAT A SCOPE

BOTTOM LINE FUCK COUNTER SHITTER SCOPES THEY SUCK IT IS CHI COM JUNK

POPCORN PLEASE. AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.......Please someone send one to the apricot of this counter shitter scope company,so this thread will quit popping up every month or so............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">POPCORN PLEASE. AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.......Please someone send one to the apricot of this counter shitter scope company,so this thread will quit popping up every month or so............ </div></div>

so true the company is all bullshit in every way

and i think they should change the name to
<span style="font-weight: bold">
COUNTER SHITTER SCOPE COMPANY </span>

i dont even want anything for the use of the name <span style="font-weight: bold">LOL</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LARMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked them up on the data base,to see f they had any Govt. contracts. and well you guessed it, nothing. </div></div>

Check Haiti's listings. Afterall, they clearly dont state whos government.

If the product is manufactured outside the USA, it HAS TO have import markings, i would be shocked if they were made in the USA. Unless, that is, they are made in the BRYCO/Jennings plant facility.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love these threads when the same question leads to the same response and then we all hope the guy who asked in the first place did not already buy the damn thing. The scope sounds better than anything I have ever seen (Including the scope itself) The weight is not to bad but the optics are crap and the turrets are crap and well if you want some china made scope that is used on the African desert by some poor kid forced into fighting then I guess that must be what they were talking about when they said factory overuns! I never see price drops like that on ACOGS and Aimpoint? </div></div>

Good point! I've NEVER heard of a company whose products we actually use having any cheap factory overruns.

I unfortunatly had one about a year ago 6.5-25, for the first couple hundred rounds, it was fine, other than 1/8 moas suck, the glass was blurry around the edges, but it was a $500 scope but on 25x I COULD make out a 30 cal bullet hole in a black bucket @ 600yds. Then funny thing, it is really hard to get a good sight picture and be accurate at any range when you have a reticule doing houlihoops in the tube! One thing I will say that was good about them, they refunded my money very promptly. Now I have a Mk4, and well even it leaves something to be desired, but it is repeatable EVERY time i adjust it.

Stay far far away from cs scopes they are chinas crap, litteraly, i think i saw a piece of one in some chow mein the other night.

I can sell you a polished turd with an old pair of sunglasses taped to the end for $695

No need to change the name to Counter Shitter. Counter Sniper describes them perfectly. They're for snipers who sit behind counters and sell stuff they know nothing about, like the one at a gun store near Ft. Lewis who pulled one of these
dms-1-4x24.jpg

out from behind the counter and looked through the objective lens before handing it over to the potential customer.

These adds are nothing new, and as we all know, they're nothing but a combination of half-truths, made-up words, gibberish, and possibly outright lies. Maybe a less important question compared to the "who's military are they claiming contracts with?" and "What the hell is rare-gas-sealed-bertritium-zantatimum?" but I'd like to know if one has successfully sold for $6000. I know the adds all claim that's what they're worth, but I've never actually seen one for more than $700.

Mumbles,

"What the hell is rare-gas-sealed-bertritium-zantatimum?"

I thought everybody knew what that substance was:

Actual Trade Slang Name: Unicorn Farts
smile.gif

Very rare gas indeed.........