• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

From the perspective of a manufacturer, I feel like I would want the first group of customers to be actual users, especially if the initial batch is billed as a pre-order. This would make it easier to iterate and improve the action based upon actual user feedback.
We have already seen evidence of ARC revising their designs in this thread right?
We are essentially opting in to beta test their pre-released product right? How useful is that if you are not beta-testing it, but selling a "to be revised" version of the action?
Well that's a good point. I'm sure when you start your own company you can implement that sales strategy and see if it works well for you. Given your other three questions, maybe a bolt gun off the shelf with a warranty is a good route.

Looks like the ARC crew has been keeping an eye on us hoodlums in this thread.

Noticed the long actions that shipped now have the trigger hanger notched for the safety. A+ (y)

View attachment 8200887

Interesting, the trigger pins appear to not be pointed anymore and now there are locating tabs on the trigger hanger itself. Looks like Ted has been tweaking things again. Are those trigger pins wider than the hanger, or do the pins sit flush with the hanger now and the tabs on the hanger hold it in via the square cuts in the action?

It's hard to tell in your picture so I bumped up the brightness, but it looks like the action now has 2 sets of cuts inside, one set of V cuts in line with the trigger pins for the protruding pointed pins and another set of deeper square cuts for the new tabs on the trigger hanger.

It appears your action is compatible with the earlier design trigger hangers that lack the tabs but use the longer protruding pointed pins, while earlier actions that don't have those lower square cuts for the tabs on the newest trigger hanger can only use the older smooth sided trigger hangers and the longer pointed pins.

I understand revising the hanger for more safety lever clearance for different triggers, but I wonder what the reasoning was for the design change adding the 4x tabs and not using the protruding pointed trigger pins...

Last edited:
Poor Bella. She's clearly reading this thread, in an attempt to help with questions and issues, and this is the stuff she's gotta deal with.
I thought about that too, However I'm sure she was fully briefed, given some anti-sensitivity training, and fully aware the content she might be exposed to. :p Like a mental condom.

Reactions: lash and pingunit
I’m having issues with with my brass being ejected between 130-230. I’m use to my impact where it’s at 3-4. Any reason for this?? Re worded my post

Last edited:
I’m having issues with with my brass being ejected between 130-230. I’m use to my impact where it’s at 3-4. Any reason for this?? Re worded my post
Treat gently like a proper lady, not a whore.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
So, I eat crayons. And this is my first bolt action build. My only other bolt gun is a Ruger American Ranch. I'm trying to get the trigger set up. I think I got it, but the bolt feels heavy to close based on everyone talking about how light it is. What should I be feeling with it properly set up?

So, I eat crayons. And this is my first bolt action build. My only other bolt gun is a Ruger American Ranch. I'm trying to get the trigger set up. I think I got it, but the bolt feels heavy to close based on everyone talking about how light it is. What should I be feeling with it properly set up?
PM

Reactions: monkeypunch

I think I've watched that 20 times now lol. The lift feels heavy after the trigger is pulled. When it's cocked, its a lot more smooth. I don't *think* I have cock or drop on close.

Thanks Gingerman for talking me through it! Gonna get the package put together and get it to the range and see what happens.

I think I've watched that 20 times now lol. The lift feels heavy after the trigger is pulled. When it's cocked, its a lot more smooth. I don't *think* I have cock or drop on close.

Thanks Gingerman for talking me through it! Gonna get the package put together and get it to the range and see what happens.
That’s because you’re cocking it when you open/lift the bolt after firing. You don’t need to pull the trigger for this tuning. You’re looking to minimize the notchy feeling and and associated drop or catching when opening and closing the bolt.

As an industrial and manufacturing engineer, we were always being told to design machinery that was idiot proof. My standard answer was, that is not possible because idiots are so damned ingenious.
“If I put a Marine in a padded cell with two ball bearings after an hour he would have broken one and lost the other.”
-A Platoon Sergeant

Starting my Coup de Grace journey. Sent this bucket of parts off to LRI the other day.
IMG_6855.jpeg

Looking forward to what that 1:8 16" will do with a . 308 win. Planning on a lot of subsonic. Have an Alaskan 360 ti in jail. Hopefully out of jail when LRI finishes gluing it together.

Looking forward to what that 1:8 16" will do with a . 308 win. Planning on a lot of subsonic. Have an Alaskan 360 ti in jail. Hopefully out of jail when LRI finishes gluing it together.
my 16in 1/8 twist Desert Tech factory barrel was my most accurate 308win rifle. Better than my AI and other 700 clones.

208 amax/eld-m, lapua 200 fmjbt subs, smk 220, hornady 225 bthp - all very good choice with Lapua brass and Trailboss. 190 SubX are very accurate but not quite as good as the LeHigh offerings for terminal performance. SMK 240 also a solid choice.

Supersonic it was still very accurate with anything from the 150s to the 185s. Even played with the 208 amax loaded at 2.980 with RL17 but the extra recoil was not worth it for me.

my 16in 1/8 twist Desert Tech factory barrel was my most accurate 308win rifle. Better than my AI and other 700 clones.

208 amax/eld-m, lapua 200 fmjbt subs, smk 220, hornady 225 bthp - all very good choice with Lapua brass and Trailboss. 190 SubX are very accurate but not quite as good as the LeHigh offerings for terminal performance. SMK 240 also a solid choice.

Supersonic it was still very accurate with anything from the 150s to the 185s. Even played with the 208 amax loaded at 2.980 with RL17 but the extra recoil was not worth it for me.

I just put together a Mausingfield with a 20” 8 twist 30-06 barrel, plan is subs and 165 to 180gr monos for hunting. Stole the stock for my CDG so once I get a replacement I plan to do some testing.

I just put together a Mausingfield with a 20” 8 twist 30-06 barrel, plan is subs and 165 to 180gr monos for hunting. Stole the stock for my CDG so once I get a replacement I plan to do some testing.

Good to hear. Was going to try to make some 168 ABLRs work supersonic. They expand down to 1300 fps. Got a drawer full of 220 smk for subsonic fun/target/squirrel work.

Fixture one end the vise, torch the middle, pull or push the other end to form the angle?

Or maybe just eat your Wheaties.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and pingunit