• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

I have a TT 2 stage Diamond on my Arch set slightly below 1 lbs and never ever had an issue, doubt that I would with the CDG pivoting bolt. The only rifle that I run below 6oz is my RimX TT single stage Diamond.

Reactions: lash
What’s in this box?!
02774BF1-E9E8-4C2A-9546-E6A2EBF3739A.jpeg

Muahahaha!

yeah, they didnt showcase the bolt handles, but you can kinda see all the examples of them. the ball im assuming is the one just off to the side the entire video, and classic and hourglass are the ones he fidgets with

Awesome. I put in my pre order request with the Canadian distributer today, can't wait to get my hands on one. I Ordered a long action so I feel like I'm in for a solid wait but it looks like it'll be worth it.

I was all about the fluting, and think it looks great when ready to fire. But I’m not sure I like the partial fluting

Great action features tho

• Haha
Why couldn't the preorder open in another month 😞

Only real questions I have at this point that aren’t set in stone are how long will the preorder last (through this month maybe?) and what will the regular price be (figuring like $1100ish based on it taking over the Archimedes spot?)

Guessing based on others responses in the thread but time will tell for sure

Reactions: Matt-RetUSAF
Since you're up Jon, will swept bolt handles be available in the future?

I was all about the fluting, and think it looks great when ready to fire. But I’m not sure I like the partial fluting

Great action features tho

The fluting is partial much like the fluting on an AI bolt is partial and for the same reason; the cartridges in the magazine only contact the smooth part of the bolt body so you never get that "bumpy" feeling as you can sometimes get with fully fluted bolts when the flutes pass over the loaded rounds in the magazine being pushed into the bolt by the mag spring tension. Some fully fluted bolt designs are really bad about having that bumpy feeling, especially with a fully loaded AICS magazine. A friend had some aggressive fluting done on one of his R700 actions and while it looks cool, running the bolt over a full mag feels like you're driving over a badly wash boarded road, lol!

With the partial fluting you get the bling of flutes in the ejection port when the bolt is closed with none of the functional drawbacks of flutes passing over the loaded rounds in the mag.

I'm trying to decide if I want the flutes or not... I'm normally a function over form kind of person so I know there's no real good reason for the flutes... but the flutes do look cool, lol

Reactions: lash and Hkmiller
I read somewhere (I think it was Ted that posted it) the trigger problems were specific to super light (sub 1lb) single stage TriggerTech Diamond and a Bix n Andy similar model. I have a Diamond two stage so should be good to try out the pivoting model. I'm in for one with the Victorian Hooker Red Hourglass knob! When it's ready to ship I think I'm going to have them send along a Xylo chassis (been wanting to try one of those out) to pair up with a Bartlein 6mm I have here looking for a home with that trigger.

Last edited:
Righto then,

Thx for advising, I'm sure you'd get many takers. Crossing fingers.

What's the "classsic" knob? "Ball" and "Hourglass" seem pretty self-explanatory...

Whoops! Never-mind. Scroll down and they have pics.

Currently I am running an LA Archimedes in 30SM a SA Nucleus in 6.5cm i also have a curtis axiom 6GT and a DefianceTenacity 30SM hunting rifle. My Archimedes is my favorite action next to my Nucleus.
I am wanting to get a CDG in a long action with a lapua bolt face. It shows on the site that option does not exist.
When will we be able to order a lapua bolt face?
I am wanting to build a 33xc with this action and will a single feed option be available in the future or will I have to run a sled?
If I pre-order a CDG with a .535 bf and the option to get a lapua bolt face is offered prior to my order being fulfilled will a swap be possible in place of having to purchase the lapua bolt face separately?
I apologize if this question has been asked. I've read through the thread as comments have been added and might have missed something.

Currently I am running an LA Archimedes in 30SM a SA Nucleus in 6.5cm i also have a curtis axiom 6GT and a DefianceTenacity 30SM hunting rifle. My Archimedes is my favorite action next to my Nucleus.
I am wanting to get a CDG in a long action with a lapua bolt face. It shows on the site that option does not exist.
I am wanting to build a 33xc with this action and will a single feed option be available in the future or will I have to run a sled?
If I pre-order a CDG with a .535 bf and the option to get a lapua bolt face is offered prior to my order being fulfilled will a swap be possible in place of having to purchase the lapua bolt face separately?
I apologize if this question has been asked. I've read through the thread as comments have been added and might have missed something.
I would not build anything bigger than a 550 diameter chamber unless my action had 1-1/8" tenon. Just me I guess. The xc is a big'in. I've heard of them setting lugs back on a few different quality brand actions.

Long action with .588 Lapua bolt face is one of the options. As mentioned by the person above, building a 33xc in an action with a small shank barrel might not be the best choice though, but I have no experience with such a combination.

Screenshot_20230207-214242.jpg

Oops, I didn't scroll down to see that message. Maybe it's a combo not available during the initial pre-order.

Reactions: JBarton
I would not build anything bigger than a 550 diameter chamber unless my action had 1-1/8" tenon. Just me I guess. The xc is a big'in. I've heard of them setting lugs back on a few different quality brand actions.
Still in the planning stages. My 30SM is running along side the 300 Norma Mag so am not looking to go that direction. Am looking at the 338LM improved and 33xc.

When I emailed about exactly this, I was told they might look into it down the road if the demand is there

Reactions: JBarton
@Jon_ARC
Is the action wrench for the CDG going to be available to order with the action tomorrow??? It's not on the sight yet.
You'll save yourself a lot of headache's if it is.

My barrel is already ordered, they are just waiting for the final tenon print.

@Jon_ARC
Is the action wrench for the CDG going to be available to order with the action tomorrow??? It's not on the sight yet.
You'll save yourself a lot of headache's if it is.

My barrel is already ordered, they are just waiting for the final tenon print.
Yep don't pull an Aero precision

I doubt this is going to happen, but it would be great if we could buy additional bolt faces tomorrow too. Unless I'm missing it I don't see the bolt faces offered separately. I guess it's kind of a separate order anyway though, since the action is going to the FFL, but it would be convenient

So Jon, I have a couple questions leading directly from this vid.
#1/ What mag latch do we need to run the AW mags. I take it the Xylo had this upgrade already by the way Ted ran those rounds through.
I think that info should be on the web site for those like me who will be ordering a Xylo to run the coup in.
#2 Have you guys had a chance to run BR cartridges through yet?

Thanks to you guys for helping us out here on this thread.

Two questions for you all before I preorder this action today. Will I have limited chassis options because of the trigger shelf and the “aiaw” magazine preference? I like krg chassis but it says on their site modifications are required for actions with trigger shelf and they list aics, not aiaw mags. This is my first “non-factory” build and plan on doing this all myself. Im not married to krg, just wondering if other chassis will have similar issues