• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Two questions for you all before I preorder this action today. Will I have limited chassis options because of the trigger shelf and the “aiaw” magazine preference? I like krg chassis but it says on their site modifications are required for actions with trigger shelf and they list aics, not aiaw mags. This is my first “non-factory” build and plan on doing this all myself. Im not married to krg, just wondering if other chassis will have similar issues
KRG sells an extended magazine catch that accommodates AW mags, just a simple swap with the factory one. Might require a small amount of filing at the top of the latch to fine tune fitment. Additionally, some fitting is required to accommodate the trigger hangar. Haven’t done that yet myself but I understand it’s minor.

I have a KRG Whiskey 3 sitting here waiting for this action and AW mags, FWIW. Just ordered my extended mag latch last night.

KRG sells an extended magazine catch that accommodates AW mags, just a simple swap with the factory one. Might require a small amount of filing at the top of the latch to fine tune fitment. Additionally, some fitting is required to accommodate the trigger hangar. Haven’t done that yet myself but I understand it’s minor.

I have a KRG Whiskey 3 sitting here waiting for this action and AW mags, FWIW. Just ordered my extended mag latch last night.
Sweet. I’ve got an X-ray and 2 bravos currently. I think I’m going to go with the whiskey 3 this time since I’m doing a nicer build than just the factory stuff I’ve dropped in them before.

Thanks for the information!

I just emailed ARC regarding their thoughts on running the CDG in a 33XC. I also asked when they would be offering a lapua bolt face. I will post the response to my questions.
I probably should have asked those questions a while back when I first heard about the new action.

Reactions: b6graham
So i've seen a few asking about the KRG bravo

you will need the extended mag catch filed from .850 to .650 for the AW mag and because of the trigger hanger, you will need to dremel a relief cut in the back to allow for the trigger hanger to sit in. Seen plenty of folks do that with other hanger actions like the Mack Bros and kelbly atlas tactical.

I'm planning on using a bravo for this so I made sure it's all good to go

Reactions: mkmckinley
We will be offering the Lapua (.588) bolt face. We just wanted to clarify a few things on how it will function.

Please be advised that cartridges with 14.93mm (.588 in) diameter case heads, i.e. 338 Lapua Mag, will not be engaged by the extractor as they are released by the magazine feed lips. Instead, they will feed in a manner like that exhibited by push feed actions, especially if used with the fixed bolt handle.

We strongly recommend choosing the pivoting handle for use with the 588 bolt head for two reasons. First, large cartridges are more likely to get stuck in the chamber than small cartridges. And secondly, the cartridges will be extractable without the need to rotate the bolt closed.

At this time, we are not sure if the 588 bolt head and extractor can be designed to function exactly like the smaller variants. We will continue to explore this.

We will be offering the Lapua (.588) bolt face. We just wanted to clarify a few things on how it will function.

Please be advised that cartridges with 14.93mm (.588 in) diameter case heads, i.e. 338 Lapua Mag, will not be engaged by the extractor as they are released by the magazine feed lips. Instead, they will feed in a manner like that exhibited by push feed actions, especially if used with the fixed bolt handle.

We strongly recommend choosing the pivoting handle for use with the 588 bolt head for two reasons. First, large cartridges are more likely to get stuck in the chamber than small cartridges. And secondly, the cartridges will be extractable without the need to rotate the bolt closed.

At this time, we are not sure if the 588 bolt head and extractor can be designed to function exactly like the smaller variants. We will continue to explore this.
Hey Jon, if I sent my DD214 for a mil discount code will it work on this? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: diverdon
Is anyone aware if SAC will be making a modular action wrench head for the CDG? Otherwise I'll request they do.

AAF78B43-81DF-4B26-861F-17EFF14D859E.png

My bank shows a charge but I don’t have confirmation?