• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

They’re gonna ship what makes sense from a production standpoint. I doubt highly they’re shipping in order of receipt of order. They’re gonna do 20moa .473” right hand short actions first.

If you confirm that you ordered at 08:50am pst, and that you haven’t got any shipping notice as of yet, since my order went through at 9am they still have to ship the first hour of the preorder...So the ‘trickle out’ term @usmc45 used was not inappropriate. This does not answer your questions, but still we’re in the hundreds, @karagias said two hundred or so, and that lead me to think about four to five hundred actions. In the end stay calm, sit back and relax, and if another troll shows up, well, is their problem…the can of worms is here…
I just want to know for science. I’m prepared to wait. But I’ll only have to wait till next week. Mine shipped a bit ago

Order the morning of, just got shipping notification.

SO-0369xx
0369xx here too
They’re gonna ship what makes sense from a production standpoint. I doubt highly they’re shipping in order of receipt of order. They’re gonna do 20moa .473” right hand short actions first.
20moa .473” red fluted fixed here. Nothing on sight yet. action wrench maybe? I assume every body ordered one so…

Are action wrenches a universal to the action thing or do I have to get one with my action?

I did not order one yet.

Are action wrenches a universal to the action thing or do I have to get one with my action?

I did not order one yet.
Dunno if other three lugs wrenches would work, my understanding was that the CDG pattern was not conventional so I went for one straight away

Dunno if other three lugs wrenches would work, my understanding was that the CDG pattern was not conventional so I went for one straight away
I mean more like if I order it like 4 months after my action comes will it still work.
Or do they mate it too the action and I should buy it together.

I "plan" on having enough money for the barrel around black friday sales. So it won't even be put together until maybe next year if I get lucky.

xlr magnesium chassis 22oz with 25oz stock setup. I'm thinking of using their 25oz standard mercury stock weight too
at least 27" 338 lapua 1/8 twist

Thoughts on barrel?
preferred barrel blanks (still looking into it)
Carbon wrapped barrel or spiral fluted?

Do dream of using suppressor one day and 338 ones are heavy!

I mean more like if I order it like 4 months after my action comes will it still work.
Or do they mate it too the action and I should buy it together.

I "plan" on having enough money for the barrel around black friday sales. So it won't even be put together until maybe next year if I get lucky.

Thoughts on barrel?
xlr magnesium chassis 22oz with 25oz stock setup. I'm thinking of using their 25oz standard mercury stock weight too
at least 27" 338 lapua 1/8 twist
preferred barrel blanks (still looking into it)
Carbon wrapped barrel or spiral fluted?

Do dream of using suppressor one day and 338 ones are heavy!
The action wrenches are generic they will fit any CDG action, but not other models of action.

Reactions: Caldeio
This was on the porch when I got home

Attachments

• 20230427_200813.jpg
    20230427_200813.jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 20230427_201147.jpg
    20230427_201147.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: Dendro
So, got to rub my pecker on it a bit. Im
Not sure what final finish issues Ted and the crew had, but this thing is beautiful! Every bit as pretty as the renderings. Kinda grey/black in color. Interestingly, the entire receiver body has a melted/dehorned look. Not sure how they do that, tumbling perhaps, but its very consistent across the entire receiver. Detail work, small radiuses, broken edges, and serrations are everywhere. You all will have to see this for yourselves, I dont think anyone else has even tried to do something like this. I recall seeing these details in the renderings and thinking a lot of that wouldn’t make it to production. The only sharp edges on the whole thing are the serrations on the bolt release lever. Only tool marks noted are on the nose of the bolt, and the rear face of the cocking piece. The bolt face is smooth.

I dont think anyone will be disappointed in the bolt lift. I’ll do some comparisons tonight, but if its not the lightest three lug out, its right there in the running. Seems in the realm of a very good two lug to me. The full diameter bolt is legit. This is how a bolt should feel during fore and aft movement! This is the pivoting bolt version, and seems like it has more primary extraction than the Arc did(.150” vs .060-.080). Could just be my recollection from the early versions I had here when they first came out.

The ejection port seems massive. This is a short action, and thats a 7 PRC cartridge in the Pic.

I really appreciate the aesthetics, especially the treatment to the rear bridge, tang, and shroud. Has a classy vintage look to my eye, and totally unique. I really like the Zermatt Origins, but side by side they look like they're $1000 apart. I can’t believe they can make this for a $900 retail. Very happy I decided to order a long version a few minutes after I ordered this one. Congrats to Ted and Crew!

I wont be able to spin a barrel for this one for a few weeks, so you guys with prefits will probably beat me to that.

The Alpha numeric serial number seems coded in some way. Ted @karagias can you tell us how the numbers work?

Only had a short time to play with it after the dog was done. If anyone has any questions or pic requests, please ask.

View attachment 8129028View attachment 8129029

View attachment 8129030

I hope that ARC can clean up the finish on the bolt head a bit. Anyway, in the photo above what's the patchy grey/black areas inside the receiver?

Reactions: Kadams1563
Got my shipping notification on Wednesday I think. Short/Right/.535/20 MOA/Red/Fluted/Pivoting.

No rush for me. The rest of the build is completely dependent on my futures trading performance. Let's just say I got a ways to go lol.

Reactions: lash and Caldeio
I ordered my action wrench separately (like like a month later) I emailed them about it. I hope they throw it in with my action. I hope I get shipping notifications for the action and pva barrel soon. I have to visit family at the end of May and It would be awesome if I could bring this completed rifle with me.

Reactions: netcat
really hoping this will be my day... F5-F5-F5...
@Supersubes are you going B&A with a pivoting or fixed BH?
I have the pivoting handle, and I’ll be playing with several triggers. The trigger on it now is a B&A Tacsport two stage.

The trigger hanger needs to be clearanced for the safety lever on this trigger. Also, the knurled (top) portion of the safety needs to be altered to clear the receiver. I have two of these triggers here. Unaltered, one works and one doesn't. See pictures of the one that works.

Yellow circle: Contact with the receiver. This prevents he safety lever from moving all the way to the fire/vertical position. The hook near the safety lever pivot (white circle) grabs the pin preventing the sear from falling. The trigger pictured works. The trigger which doesn't work looks exactly like this, but the hook is just a few .001’s closer to the pin so the sear breaks, but the hook stops full release.

Note the clearanced trigger hanger under the safety lever.

73751275-CCCA-43A7-8E0A-10AD6D519774.jpeg

The adjustable hanger system is awesome, and very easy to adjust.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t vertical be the fire position?

You're worried about a part that doesn't touch, or interface with any other part of the action, cartridge, or barrel, looking like, "dog shit", but you think an Aero Solus doesn't feel like dog shit?
I'm not worried about it.
Fit & finish is a sign of quality control
Oh, so you tried a Solus?

I'm not worried about it.
Fit & finish is a sign of quality control
Oh, so you tried a Solus?
true, but in that location, engineering specs may not call out a finish since it’s not needed or critical there. Remember that you paid $899 for an action that is likely better than some of those $1300-1500 actions. The price is somewhat predicated on the fact that the design is focused on minimizing labor and additional steps.

Otherwise, buy a Mausingfield. Just sayin’.

Reactions: SaxtonPope
@Supersubes what is this gray/silvery stuff? My vision is poor or you're using a Nokia phone from 2003 or could be reflection from KY Jelly? :) View attachment 8129984
Scroll back a little ways(post 2937), i posted better pics this morning. Trying to keep reflections down, so the room light is low and im zoomed into the e-port. Iphones have shit low light performance.