• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Here she is in the flesh. First impressions are - bolt cycles very smooth, nice lift also. Lift smoothness isn’t the smoothest I’ve felt, but the lift weight is very light for a 3 lug. Lift may smooth out over time.

For the Bix n Andy guys - the tacsport didn’t work. The safety thumb button hits the action in the fire position, even with the trigger hanger all the way back. I ended up swapping the diamond off my night calling rifle and it seems to time up to the action really well out of the box. Haven’t had time to mess much with it yet but will more tonight.

AW mag mates up well in the xylo, have not tried feeding yet. This weekend hopefully I’ll send rounds down range.

EDIT to add details as I’ve had some questions: 26” M24 contour, cut rifled rock creek, in 6.5 creed.

C9CB056D-D605-4971-88AB-11285788868A.jpeg
6EB6F02E-9647-481F-A06C-2E223A73BCE4.jpeg
633D3BB9-1819-4BC9-8086-538F83D8003C.jpeg
0ABC7B18-5D04-4639-9C87-95CA46A12BBF.jpeg
EAE643EF-5D14-46D1-9B0B-0AC760C49794.jpeg

Last edited:
Here she is in the flesh. First impressions are - bolt cycles very smooth, nice lift also. Lift smoothness isn’t the smoothest I’ve felt, but the lift weight is very light for a 3 lug. Lift may smooth out over time.

For the Bix n Andy guys - the tacsport didn’t work. The safety thumb button hits the action in the fire position, even with the trigger hanger all the way back. I ended up swapping the diamond off my night calling rifle and it seems to time up to the action really well out of the box. Haven’t had time to mess much with it yet but will more tonight.

View attachment 8133225View attachment 8133226View attachment 8133227View attachment 8133228View attachment 8133229
Looks good buddy. Can't wait to shoot it and you will probably want to sell it in 6 months so just add it to my tab.

View attachment 8133225View attachment 8133226View attachment 8133227View attachment 8133228View attachment 8133229
562309A1-A529-4CD6-A3CF-E2DEE140AA5E.jpeg

Easy fix if you want to use the Bix.

The cocking cam/cocking piece smoothness will come. Keep it lubed and use as notmal. Mine is absolute butter with 500 or so cycles.

No doubt, I did think of that, and I very well could go back to the bix but I’ll play with the diamond in it for now. I shouldn’t say it didn’t work, even slightly contacting the action with the safety, it did cock and function fine. Overall it’s a badass action, zero REGERTS

Barrel contour & length?

Looks good buddy. Can't wait to shoot it and you will probably want to sell it in 6 months so just add it to my tab.
You ain't lying! May not be @Charger442, but they will be there in the classifieds.

Just remember, by that time, the introductory price will be long gone. The current retail price is gonna be the used price in 3 years.

Now that mine is in my hands, im 95% certain that this is the best value in remclones. The other 5% will come when I get to actually shoot it.

Beautiful! That's what my rifle is gonna look like. Except it'll have a 18" 308 PVA barrel on it. More on the short side. What caliber is yours chambered in?

I’m not ready at all. I need a new ammo can to separate out the new caliber:

70476655144__D29F43DD-06A0-4F4A-84E7-884531735ACA.jpeg

Reactions: lash
Did everyone who ordered a PVA prefit from the group buy get a 30cal break? I ordered a .257 barrel and got a 30cal jet blast. Not really upset about it because I could also put it on a 7mm build but I figured a 6.5 break would have made more sense.

Did everyone who ordered a PVA prefit from the group buy get a 30cal break? I ordered a .257 barrel and got a 30cal jet blast. Not really upset about it because I could also put it on a 7mm build but I figured a 6.5 break would have made more sense.

After seeing the negligible performance loss with using an oversized bore break, I wouldn’t be too phased.
Somebody did an analysis of performance changes with various brake sizes for a fixed caliber. The conclusion matched your assertion, I just don’t recall where I read it.

Reactions: lash
Somebody did an analysis of performance changes with various brake sizes for a fixed caliber. The conclusion matched your assertion, I just don’t recall where I read it.
I’ve seen it here before,too.

I ordered a 22GT and got a 30 Cal brake. I was hoping for a 6mm but it is what it is.

You ain't lying! May not be @Charger442, but they will be there in the classifieds.

Just remember, by that time, the introductory price will be long gone. The current retail price is gonna be the used price in 3 years.

Now that mine is in my hands, im 95% certain that this is the best value in remclones. The other 5% will come when I get to actually shoot it.
Thinking of ordering another one and doing a 20 Tac on it

Reactions: Disturbingiraq
When PVA was getting ready to ship my barrel they called to verify if I wanted stainless or black as far as the brake. I told them I was planning to buy a 6.5 barrel from them in the future (this barrel was 223) and could they send a 6.5 brake (so I could use the freebee on that as 223 doesn't really need one) they told me in testing a 30cal brake on a 6.5 there was only a 3 percent loss in recoil reduction so I said go ahead and send the .30

Reactions: bohem and lash

I'm confused. Say what now?

• Haha
Reactions: browning442
It might have just been an oversight in the flurry to pack and ship the barrels. It might have been lack of stock for nitrided brakes. The nitride crate was slow in returning.

Performance-wise the difference is barely measurable on a sled and not something you can feel in a blind test.

If you want to switch it, send it back with a note for a 65. We have black nitride 65’s in stock, they arrived from Nitride today.

I ordered a 22GT and got a 30 Cal brake. I was hoping for a 6mm but it is what it is.
6mm brakes need a lot more cleaning, you want a 65 brake. As above, if you want to switch it, send it back with a note.

I'm confused. Say what now?
I tagged the wrong person, you both have 442 in your name, sorry. Im saying it may not be @browning442 who hocks his rifle in the classifieds, but there will be many who got bonered up on this action and bit off more than they could chew. Happens every time an item like this hits the market.

The rest is just a PSA for the masses. Get them while they're cheap.

Last edited:
Following the thread because new actions are interesting and ARC does interesting stuff.

But umm... not to be a dick, but, seems sort of ARC-like for someone to have missed the fact that the new action is incompatible with one of the two most popular top-shelf triggers out there (Bix TacSport, without modding the safety)... or depending on how you look at it, incompatible with both of the most popular top-shelf triggers... since the pivoting bolt handle is incompatible at the lower trigger weight settings that most guys buy $300 TT Diamonds in order to be able to run.

So when is the Coup De Grace deux.0 release..?

Doh. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Hickswr
Following the thread because new actions are interesting and ARC does interesting stuff.

But umm... not to be a dick, but, seems sort of ARC-like for someone to have missed the fact that the new action is incompatible with one of the two most popular top-shelf triggers out there (Bix TacSport, without modding the safety)... or depending on how you look at it, incompatible with both of the most popular top-shelf triggers... since the pivoting bolt handle is incompatible at the lower trigger weight settings that most guys buy $300 TT Diamonds in order to be able to run.

Doh. 🤦‍♂️
Getting a gun that you don't have to modify something? Must be nice. Try being left hand and left eye. Even better find aftermarket triggers that are compatible with lefty anything. Not many.

A few swipes with a file is nothing.

Doh. 🤦‍♂️
Doesn’t the fixed handle solve the low trigger weight concern?

Wouldn't be hard for them to send out a modified hanger for bix n andy triggers… it is unfortunate it’s not 100% plug n play as is, but I’m overall still jacked about the action. When I had an older bighorn, they sent out a modified cocking piece to eliminate cock on close with a triggertech. As stated above, it’s unfortunate, but not insurmountable.

Reactions: stanley_white

Doh. 🤦‍♂️

You’re gonna lose your shit when you hear about modifying mag catches on $1500 stocks to make them feed properly.

I'm not going to lose my shit about anything and I've probably filed/stoned/fit more gun parts than most of the thread.

IDK, I guess if it's no big deal to you, it's no big deal to you, no need to come at me like I did something.

I mean it's not like it's a company with a history of not getting things quite right on the first try or anything... oh, wait.

I'm not going to lose my shit about anything and I've probably filed/stoned/fit more gun parts than most of the thread.

IDK, I guess if it's no big deal to you, it's no big deal to you, no need to come at me like I did something.

I mean it's not like it's a company with a history of not getting things quite right on the first try or anything... oh, wait.
Lighten up.

AW mag mates up well in the xylo, have not tried feeding yet. This weekend hopefully I’ll send rounds down range.

EDIT to add details as I’ve had some questions: 26” M24 contour, cut rifled rock creek, in 6.5 creed.

All I'm gonna says is that's a mighty fine chassis you've got there ;)

Picked up my CDG from my FFL late this morning. Was hoping it’d drop in a Centurion that had a TL3 in it, plan B was a MPA I had laying around. The Foundation only needed a bit of clearance at the rear of the trigger hanger & bolt release. I also opened it up for the massive ejection port. Fits like a glove.👍

Then proceeded to spin on the PVA Osprey in 6GT that was waiting in the barrel vise,..head spaced perfect. Kudos @bohem !

(for those wondering, the action wrench glides in without dicking with the bolt release)

As to some of the speculation going around, I run TT Diamonds light..4-6oz, and had a concern because the fixed handle I ordered, didn’t make the trip. I put my spare in it and ran it as hard I could & drop tested it, and couldn’t get it to fail. Turned it down as low as it would go (2.8oz), same thing, no issues. I only tried the one trigger, but I’m betting Ted’s disclaimer is for liability, ymmv.

Also, it feeds AW and my ARC with 419 12rd extensions like butter. Didn’t do a thing to the mag release.

I had a couple of hours and hit the range with 50rds of old ammo for break-in. (I’ve used Josh’s recommended procedure for my last couple of barrels with good results)

Conditions (gusting to 32mph) sucked and is unusual for Rio, but after a quick zero, the 12” diamond at 560, didn’t stand a chance. Can’t wait to dial this in!

While this is my first ARC action and Ted’s naming of shit is weird (which I dig weird ),.. @karagias might have gotten it right.

This thing is sick at that price point!

If anybody’s at Raton the following Friday that’s ’on the fence’, DM me if you want to test drive…
CFE21C78-29AE-42CC-A4B3-5D2F826BA6E8.jpeg
23F5A7C9-6279-48F6-82F5-12487DBF5BBB.jpeg

Thought I was being punished for post #16 and/or helping to crash the ordering process after the opening bell, but I am thrilled to say I received the shipping confirmation today! If UPS does its part I will have it in hand tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: giumau1 and lash
Picked up my CDG from my FFL late this morning. Was hoping it’d drop in a Centurion that had a TL3 in it, plan B was a MPA I had laying around. The Foundation only needed a bit of clearance at the rear of the trigger hanger & bolt release. I also opened it up for the massive ejection port. Fits like a glove.👍

Then proceeded to spin on the PVA Osprey in 6GT that was waiting in the barrel vise,..head spaced perfect. Kudos @bohem !

(for those wondering, the action wrench glides in without dicking with the bolt release)

As to some of the speculation going around, I run TT Diamonds light..4-6oz, and had a concern because the fixed handle I ordered, didn’t make the trip. I put my spare in it and ran it as hard I could & drop tested it, and couldn’t get it to fail. Turned it down as low as it would go (2.8oz), same thing, no issues. I only tried the one trigger, but I’m betting Ted’s disclaimer is for liability, ymmv.

Also, it feeds AW and my ARC with 419 12rd extensions like butter. Didn’t do a thing to the mag release.

I had a couple of hours and hit the range with 50rds of old ammo for break-in. (I’ve used Josh’s recommended procedure for my last couple of barrels with good results)

Conditions (gusting to 32mph) sucked and is unusual for Rio, but after a quick zero, the 12” diamond at 560, didn’t stand a chance. Can’t wait to dial this in!

While this is my first ARC action and Ted’s naming of shit is weird (which I dig weird ),.. @karagias might have gotten it right.

This thing is sick at that price point!

If anybody’s at Raton the following Friday that’s ’on the fence’, DM me if you want to test drive…
View attachment 8134201
View attachment 8134202
Do you have any close up pictures of the action and bolt? The CDG will be my fifth ARC action, but I’m going to be honest here, I’m not impressed with the machining marks on Supersubes and Browning442s actions. I haven’t seen anything like it on my other actions. It seems like they are trying to get them out the door so fast they are sacrificing their normal quality and quality control.

Edit. It was pointed out that my use of QC was incorrect and what I was really talking about was finish.

Last edited:
Do you have any close up pictures of the action and bolt? The CDG will be my fifth ARC action, but I’m going to be honest here, I’m not impressed with the machining marks on Supersubes and Browning442s actions. I haven’t seen anything like it on my other actions. It seems like they are trying to get them out the door so fast they are sacrificing their normal quality and quality control.

I'm right there with you. I'd rather wait another week or two and have the QC higher.

But got my ship notification as well. So hopefully by tomorrow I'll have it in hand and post some pics of the bolt face.

• Haha
Reactions: Tokay444
I don't know if anyone from ARC is keeping an eye on this thread?

Common theme is that the trigger hanger needs to be notched. I would also suggest switching the rear trigger hanger screw to a button head for clearance on some triggers.

Here is mods with a Huber installed.
IMG_7653.jpg

IMG_7655.jpg

Didn't see anyone mention this yet. Included with the action was this little tab. I'm assuming this is for the front AICS mag stop if needed. Don't throw it out.
IMG_7658.jpg

I'll admit, it looked like Supersubes dog did a number on the bolt face in the picture. The reflection on the silver bolt really make it look much worse in a photo than it does in hand. Rest easy, I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed.

Can you see some tooling marks, yes. I can also see that every edge has a radius.

What I don't know is if that bolt face was final face machined in the hardened state?? If so, I think it'd be damn hard to get a mirror finish. Every surface that needs to be smooth is, such as back of lugs.

I am not at all disappointed. The machining is Stellar. The whole action has kind of a melded look unlike any of the other ARC actions & I have them all.

For perspective look at my fingerprints compared to the tooling path marks on the bolt face. Now look at your own fingerprints. Also notice how incredibly clean the tenon threads are along with the really nice tenon thread start @ 12:00 on the action.

IMG_7660.jpg

You won't find a tooling mark on the back of the lugs where it needs to be smooth. and again notice every single edge is machined with a radius & or edge broken with a bevel.
IMG_7661.jpg

@357Max I agree the shine of the silver may make it look worse than it is. The extractors on my bolts show some machine marks, but are to a much lesser degree. I’ve not seen machining marks on the action like seen in the ones mentioned above.

When people who know nothing about manufacturing talk about QC of a part they’ve never actually held in their hand. “ I don’t think that word means what you think it means.”

You are correct, my wording is incorrect and I don’t have mine in hand yet.

That aside, I see pictures of CDGs with machining marks that I have not noticed on ARC actions I have. This has my attention.

You are correct, my wording is incorrect and I don’t have mine in hand yet.

That aside, I see pictures of CDGs with machining marks that I have not noticed on ARC actions I have. This has my attention.
I believe that his point is that those ‘marks’ have no impact in fit and function and as such, likely are to print and as designed. Thus the QC is fine, if there is no flatness or finish callout on the print. QC (or quality control, for those that don’t know) is a function of controlling those dimensions or features on a print. If there is no feature callout, then there are no checks or “controls” on that feature.

So, it may be that the marks some of you are so concerned about are to print and therefore the QC is fine.

I tried to point this out before, but those of you that are used to paying $1509-1800 for premium actions are expecting everything to be just like those actions while paying merely $900 and knowing you are receiving much more than that for your money.

My perception.

It’s not a function of QC, it’s fit & finish and we all get that.

I tried to point this out before, but those of you that are used to paying $1509-1800 for premium actions are expecting everything to be just like those actions while paying merely $900 and knowing you are receiving much more than that for your money.
So you are implying that the actions I bought for less or equal money should have these same marks? That when the price goes up and is no longer introductory the machining marks will no longer be present?

Smart ass mode over. Honestly, I don’t think they would have lesser standard for finish (or whatever the correct technical term is) for an introductory offer. They haven’t in the past. At least not that I have seen.

So you are implying that the actions I bought for less or equal money should have these same marks? That when the price goes up and is no longer introductory the machining marks will no longer be present?

Smart ass mode over. Honestly, I don’t think they would have lesser standard for finish (or whatever the correct technical term is) for an introductory offer. They haven’t in the past. At least not that I have seen.
No, I was not implying either of those things.

Reactions: MilSpecOkie