• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Mostly the bolt nose.

But I think the picture is also making the tool marks look a lot more dramatic then they really are.

In defense of the CDG, I don't think any part of me would look good either with that much zoom :ROFLMAO:
I feel the same. The bolt nose is perhaps the easiest machining on this whole thing, which makes me thing its a fluke. Whomever gets theirs next should show it. The rest of it is fantastic in person.

Trigger report coming up…..

Last edited:
Meh. There was some tooling marks on some Archimedes ... but seriously who cares, unless it affect functions, these things are tools. Wake me up if they don’t feed, don’t shoot or rust for no reasons.

Tried some additional triggers, and made the mods for a Geissele super 700(one of my favorite triggers).

The adjustable trigger hanger is a breeze. The pins are conical at the ends and fit well in their grooves. Install and adjustment is very straight forward. If Teds vid didnt make its function clear in your mind, just a few minutes with the system and you’ll get it.

Trigger pin
9C2F5062-3521-47E3-883B-AC28DC1C8F2C.jpeg

Trigger pin grooves. How the hell does this thing cost 900 bucks? Note the hash marks cut into the edges of the receiver, perpendicular to the trigger channel. These coincide with marks on the hanger which give a reference for the general trigger position in the receiver fore and aft. You’ll have to zoom in close to the hanger to see the hash marks, there are three of them, and they're just forward of the safety levers.
DDC1F573-FB55-4FD5-BC75-5F14A156844E.jpeg

Since I like the Geissele , I did the mods for that. It took an even larger clearance for the root of the safety lever, and also required clearance for a button head screw. Install, adjustment, function, etc after the mods are all fine.
AA4FD610-1DC6-442B-8238-674D14929E38.jpeg

I only have a TT primary here now. I assume the cases for the others are the same, but i’ll have the diamond and two stage here Wednesday. TT fits, adjusts and functions fine. These have a short throw for the safety, and the lever should be well out of the way in an unaltered hanger.

AC063C35-E6EB-4334-8D12-614643DE5A77.jpeg

Just for giggles I put a newer factory remington trigger on it. Nobody should do this, but figured I’d check fit. When properly adjusted, the safety does not interfere with the receiver.

92906359-1E2C-44B2-8E15-4A284BF4CEAC.jpeg

I got out several actions just to compare bolt lift. I had an out of the box new Origin, a Tempest, my smoothest remington, AI AW, a mack bros evo 2, and a Gunwerks GRB.

The closest one in feel to the CDG is the Origin, both in smoothness and effort. If you’ve felt an origin, that is exactly how the CDG feels to cock. For the three lug actions, the Tempest is smoother on cocking, but higher effort than the CDG My AW is the same basically. I know some really hate the AI bolts, but every time I hear gripes on the hide about them, I go and feel mine. Nope, mine is glass. The AW has a mile of cock on close, which I cant adjust out. Combined with the plunger ejector, the AW is nowhere near as smooth as the CDG should be when going into battery. The Tempest and AW are high Mileage, so it remains to be seen how the CDG ends up. I’ll do some more of this as time passes. I think I have some more actions to compare it with as well. I’ll probably do a short vid of the action cycling as well.

Last edited:
Tried some additional triggers, and made the mods for a Geissele super 700(one of my favorite triggers).

The adjustable trigger hanger is a breeze. The pins are conical at the ends and fit well in their grooves. Install and adjustment is very straight forward. If Teds vid didnt make its function clear in your mind, just a few minutes with the system and you’ll get it.

Trigger pin
View attachment 8130800

Trigger pin grooves. How the hell does this thing cost 900 bucks? Note the hash marks cut into the edges of the receiver, perpendicular to the trigger channel. These coincide with marks on the hanger which give a reference for the general trigger position in the receiver fore and aft. You’ll have to zoom in close to the hanger to see the hash marks, there are three of them, and they're just forward of the safety levers.
View attachment 8130801

Since I like the Geissele , I did the mods for that. It took an even larger clearance for the root of the safety lever, and also required clearance for a button head screw. Install, adjustment, function, etc after the mods are all fine.
View attachment 8130806

I only have a TT primary here now. I assume the cases for the others are the same, but i’ll have the diamond and two stage here Wednesday. TT fits, adjusts and functions fine. These have a short throw for the safety, and the lever should be well out of the way in an unaltered hanger.

View attachment 8130817

Just for giggles I put a newer factory remington trigger on it. Nobody should do this, but figured I’d check fit. When properly adjusted, the safety does not interfere with the receiver.

View attachment 8130819

I got out several actions just to compare bolt lift. I had an out of the box new Origin, a Tempest, my smoothest remington, AI AW, a mack bros evo 2, and a Gunwerks GRB.

The closest one in feel to the CDG is the Origin, both in smoothness and effort. If you’ve felt an origin, that is exactly how the CDG feels to cock. For the three lug actions, the Tempest is smoother on cocking, but higher effort than the CDG My AW is the same basically. I know some really hate the AI bolts, but every time I hear gripes on the hide about them, I go and feel mine. Nope, mine is glass. The AW has a mile of cock on close, which I cant adjust out. Combined with the plunger ejector, the AW is nowhere near as smooth as the CDG should be when going into battery. The Tempest and AW are high Mileage, so it remains to be seen how the CDG ends up. I’ll do some more of this as time passes. I think I have some more actions to compare it with as well. I’ll probably do a short vid of the action cycling as well.
Thanks for testing multiple triggers. I was going to put my tacsport pro on this but instead swapped out my diamond so I could use it on the CDG. Super helpful. Thanks

Thanks for testing multiple triggers. I was going to put my tacsport pro on this but instead swapped out my diamond so I could use it on the CDG. Super helpful. Thanks
I think the Tac sport will work fine, and if it doesn't, the mods required are easy.

Really weighs almost 7 pounds?? Internet says 2.1 for the action, 2.5 for the chassis, 1 for the bipod. What am I missing??
Everything you see in the picture is 7 lbs. I said the weight because it gives an indication of bolt lift. A 25 lb rifle will sit still even with a terribly heavy bolt lift. I wast holding it to the table at all.

5C79E001-6B6E-415B-877E-A32F4A77F993.jpeg

Reactions: evilsemaj and lash
In fairness to Arc, it isn't just marketing, this action incorporates a huge step forward in value beyond the competition. It remains to be seen how it performs, but no amount of money will get you these features from any another manufacturer, and the CDG is at the “cheap” end of the scale for all custom remclones.
So, from what I'm getting from all this is-The CDG has/is generating more excitement than any other action has in quite some time. Just curious, I have all three other ARC actions and like them all, each for different reasons. Most of all my Mausingfield which has several thousand rounds and on third barrel, 2-6mm Creeds and now .22 Creed. I am having a hard time deciding what my new ones are going to be, leaning towards 6 & 22 GT but still wide open.
For all the forensic action shipping trackers: I ordered two actions and other accessories, my order: 037247, inv -024152 charged to card 2/08 @ 11:57, acccount says preparing, which it has said for several days

Reactions: giumau1
So I have been trying to find an aw style 223 mag......yeah. I contacted Waters Rifleman as they make specialty mags and he said quote
"We stopped doing an AIAW pattern magazine due to lack of interest. The mag won't fit most factory receivers, so the market is limited mostly to custom receivers specifically allowing the footprint to fit.

We could make a run, but it would be custom, and the price will be scary. I would suggest, contact
webicon_green.png
riflemags.co.uk who are the leaders for AICS pattern items, and they may be able to help you. I've CC'd them in this email.

Thanks for reaching out."
Sure enough they reached out to me and said the following
"As there is now quite a good selection of AICS format mags in .223 most custom .223 builds defer to AICS.

Critically AI have no plans to do a .223 magazine in the AW/AT/AX format last time we spoke to them.

If you are set on using an AW action the only route would be custom double stack mags, which would be wildly expensive."

Dave was following the reply and had this to say
"I just dawned on me, we didn't design the AW in 223 - sorry for that mistake.

William, consider my AI mag for 223 - I make a 2.4" and a 2.6'" OAL for the right purposes...no plastic mag jams, etc..."

He makes a DSSF mag in 223 that will let you load to 2.6 inches. https://www.watersrifleman.com/ai-aics/
Its the third section down.....what says the hide? Perhaps if there is enough interest for an aw 223 mag for a special run of them? Not sure what "scary" entails as his DSSF mag is 155.

So I have been trying to find an aw style 223 mag......yeah. I contacted Waters Rifleman as they make specialty mags and he said quote
"We stopped doing an AIAW pattern magazine due to lack of interest. The mag won't fit most factory receivers, so the market is limited mostly to custom receivers specifically allowing the footprint to fit.

We could make a run, but it would be custom, and the price will be scary. I would suggest, contact
webicon_green.png
riflemags.co.uk who are the leaders for AICS pattern items, and they may be able to help you. I've CC'd them in this email.

"As there is now quite a good selection of AICS format mags in .223 most custom .223 builds defer to AICS.

Critically AI have no plans to do a .223 magazine in the AW/AT/AX format last time we spoke to them.

If you are set on using an AW action the only route would be custom double stack mags, which would be wildly expensive."

William, consider my AI mag for 223 - I make a 2.4" and a 2.6'" OAL for the right purposes...no plastic mag jams, etc..."

He makes a DSSF mag in 223 that will let you load to 2.6 inches. https://www.watersrifleman.com/ai-aics/
Its the third section down.....what says the hide? Perhaps if there is enough interest for an aw 223 mag for a special run of them? Not sure what "scary" entails as his DSSF mag is 155.
I might be interested but for that kind of money, I’d want double stack double feed.

I also ordered a CDG and a 223 barrel, as you probably know, ARC is recommending to use the accurate metal mag. I believe Magpul has a new 223 mag that might work, but will not know until more actions are out and someone gives it a try. I know this is not AW style but with a adjustable mad latch might be a option.

Last edited:
Caylen Wojcik of Modern Day Sniper did a video on the CDG where he ran it in the traditional camming mode and then the non-camming mode.

When watching the video with headphones, I could hear less friction during cycling when the CDG was in non-camming mode.

-Stan

Mine is being delivered on Thursday. Ordered the action wrench with the pivoting handle. I think I'm going to see about ordering a fixed handle since I now plan to run a TriggerTech or similar . My PRS guns run 8 oz triggers.

Mine is being delivered on Thursday. Ordered the action wrench with the pivoting handle. I think I'm going to see about ordering a fixed handle since I now plan to run a TriggerTech or similar . My PRS guns run 8 oz triggers.
Pretty sure it was stated early on the actions would be questionable with TriggerTech Diamonds set at < 1#, thus the reason I lost some interest in them.

Caylen Wojcik of Modern Day Sniper did a video on the CDG where he ran it in the traditional camming mode and then the non-camming mode.

When watching the video with headphones, I could hear less friction during cycling when the CDG was in non-camming mode.

-Stan
Where id you find this video? I checked YouTube with no luck.

Reactions: stanley_white
Pretty sure it was stated early on the actions would be questionable with TriggerTech Diamonds set at < 1#, thus the reason I lost some interest in them.
That was for the single stage TT Diamonds wasn't it? I have it in my mind that the 2 stage Diamonds were running fine.

Good to know. Willing to try a 2 stage trigger and keep pivot handle. Anyone know how much the fixed handle option is? Don't see it on the website.
$79.00,..I ordered both. I plan on running a single stage TT. Have the 6GT barrel in the vice waiting for Wednesday. I run low & slow, so I doubt the pivoting handle will be needed or an advantage, but I'll try it.

Good to know. Willing to try a 2 stage trigger and keep pivot handle. Anyone know how much the fixed handle option is? Don't see it on the website.
Yea I was thinking the same. I don’t have a reason I’m sure to have a pivoting handle since I’m doing a .223 AI.

I have a single stage Diamond going in it so well
See if it works or not.

The pics definitely bring some out that are not obvious to the eye. Also keep in mind there are some marks that are intentional such at the side of the bolt shroud and the top of the tang.

One of the original pics in particular of the bolt release looks like it has distinct marks, but it really doesnt.

Original pic
View attachment 8130188

New pic
View attachment 8130183

Ive had several Arch’s and a Nucleus, and they were nice, but this is nicer imo.
Does the mechanical ejector or bolt release have to be removed to insert the action wrench?

$79.00,..I ordered both. I plan on running a single stage TT. Have the 6GT barrel in the vice waiting for Wednesday. I run low & slow, so I doubt the pivoting handle will be needed or an advantage, but I'll try it.
Pivoting handle won't be needed. That said, once you get used to a finger flick to raise the bolt handle I doubt you will use the non-pivoting for long. Okay, it's more than a finger flick, but you get used to not having the primary extraction at the top and it's something I now prefer given the choice. Of course this is based on my Archimedes action as I don't have my CDG yet.

Last edited:
Yea I was thinking the same. I don’t have a reason I’m sure to have a pivoting handle since I’m doing a .223 AI.

I have a single stage Diamond going in it so well
See if it works or not.
just want to try Pivot handle. Been a fan of the Archimedes action but the price of the CDG was very attractive to pass on it. If it does not work, it's good that there is an option.

Last edited:
My Gen 2 Nuke with the light striker spring is almost as light for bolt lift as my Archmedes. But my Arch has a very very low round count. I went with the pivot bolt handle on my CDG but I’m not entirely sure it makes that much of a difference. I only use 1 finger to lift my Nuke 2.0. Maybe I lucked out and got a super smooth one. My brand new 2.0 was quite a bit smoother than my 1.1 and my 1.1 had > 1000 rounds count.

Reactions: lash
My Gen 2 Nuke with the light striker spring is almost as light for bolt lift as my Archmedes. But my Arch has a very very low round count. I went with the pivot bolt handle on my CDG but I’m not entirely sure it makes that much of a difference. I only use 1 finger to lift my Nuke 2.0. Maybe I lucked out and got a super smooth one. My brand new 2.0 was quite a bit smoother than my 1.1 and my 1.1 had > 1000 rounds count.
16# springs aren't a good thing for consistent ignition. I tested the same exact load of 20 rounds each with 16#, VS 19# on my nuc 2.0. SD/ES we near double that of the 19#. It wasn't one or 2 rounds that blew the avgs up, it was consistently larger velocity spreads. There is a reason all your benchrest actions have 24# springs, consistent ignition.

Reactions: rijndael

webicon_green.png

I'd be interested... In concept. Depending on the definition of "scary".

16# springs aren't a good thing for consistent ignition. I tested the same exact load of 20 rounds each with 16#, VS 19# on my nuc 2.0. SD/ES we near double that of the 19#. It wasn't one or 2 rounds that blew the avgs up, it was consistently larger velocity spreads. There is a reason all your benchrest actions have 24# springs, consistent ignition.
I have the 19# spring. I agree that the 16lbs is too low.

I'd be interested... In concept. Depending on the definition of "scary".
Perhaps a vendor here would be interested in fronting a group buy to see how many hundreds of mags bring the cost down? Once you get past Sako price level though it’s a lot less interesting.

Correct- Single Stage
Out of the 3,100 comments do you know where ARC specifically said single stage only may have issues? I've only been hearing "Triggertech Diamond" only. I'm a Diamond 2 stage, 16oz kind of guy. Thank you.