• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

I’ll bet he had a reason. Could be manufacturing. Maybe it keeps the cartridge from bouncing off of the rear edge of the port etc. Ted doesn't do things for no reason usually.

I should think the integral rail would suffice for support. Big mouth just wants fed!
I’m getting a long action and happen to like hand feeding certain rifles, especially belly rifles. This seems perfect for that.

I am confident that Ted knows what he’s doing regarding strength, etc. when I bought my Nucleus 1.0 and took it in for a barrel, my smith was concerned about the short barrel tenon and that I was hanging a long large profile barrel from it. He had been doing a lot of Deviance Deviant XL actions with the extra long tenons and was/is a dealer for them.

Needless to say, years later the Nuke has performed swimmingly despite his reservations.

I’m getting a long action and happen to like hand feeding certain rifles, especially belly rifles. This seems perfect for that.

I am confident that Ted knows what he’s doing regarding strength, etc. when I bought my Nucleus 1.0 and took it in for a barrel, my smith was concerned about the short barrel tenon and that I was hanging a long large profile barrel from it. He had been doing a lot of Deviance Deviant XL actions with the extra long tenons and was/is a dealer for them.

Needless to say, years later the Nuke has performed swimmingly despite his reservations.
Tits! As a hunter in TX desert canyons I do shudder to think about dirt & debris with such an ejection port. Maybe an ejection port door somehow in future?

screw all of you guys that have these things already.

2q8F.gif

The length is deceiving, as the bolt still protrudes into the port. Its very tall though, which will help with the single feeding for sure, as you mentioned. The large bolt diameter add’s to that as well.

Additionally, for all the folks that are new to AW mags, they’ll be able to top load the mag through the port, even if they have sausage fingers.

Here’s a pic for reference. This is a 2.810 oal 6cm.
40B7D0E8-939C-4BDB-9FC9-AFC1170B8DFB.jpeg

Last edited:
Josey likes it!

Finally got around to spinning a barrel for the Coup. Its a bartlein 5r 6mm 7t, in a bastard contour similar to a Heavy Palma. Chambered in 6cm, and finished at 27.5”. The rest of the parts are basically place holders.

View attachment 8135188
Very nice.

Also really like the Brittany (it is a Brittany, right?). American (looks like ti from the snout) or French?

I've been considering getting one of the French ones (Epagneul Breton)...bit shorter and more calm as they weren't bred for horse back field trials or so I have been led to believe. And they don't care about color conformity and neither do I.

Very nice.

Also really like the Brittany (it is a Brittany, right?). American (looks like ti from the snout) or French?

I've been considering getting one of the French ones (Epagneul Breton)...bit shorter and more calm as they weren't bred for horse back field trials or so I have been led to believe. And they don't care about color conformity and neither do I.
There will definitely be dogshit! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
Very nice.

Yes, american. I have his older half sister also, she’s liver colored. My first bird dogs, and they're great all around.

That ejection port is HYUGE! Kinda unnecessary. Figure they'd want a lil more material in the action for rigidity reasons. Maybe it was for weight? That phatass bolt looks good, and all it's momentum prob really makes it feel smooth and effortless.

We found the next thing now that the bolt nose marks have been debunked.

She shoots, boys!

First 14 rounds down the barrel.
Three rounds from a boresight, adjust, and one to confirm.
View attachment 8135497

5 rds, adjust .1 right, and another 5 rds.
View attachment 8135498

View attachment 8135502View attachment 8135503

Running a TT two-stage at 13 oz. Gun functions beautifully!
I assume 13oz is the combined weight on the trigger. What are your first stage second stage weights set at? I have heard some people are setting the first stage heavier than the second which at first seemed backward, but I'm going to try it.

I assume 13oz is the combined weight on the trigger. What are your first stage second stage weights set at? I have heard some people are setting the first stage heavier than the second which at first seemed backward, but I'm going to try it.
Yes, total weight. Not sure what the first stage is, but id estimate its about half the total weight.

We found the next thing now that the bolt nose marks have been debunked.
I'm not saying the ejection port is a bad thing, just lil out the norm. I had a nuc g2, and current an Archimedes and I'm a huge fan. I'm excited about the pair I have on order, hopefully they ship soon! I'll be getting heavy comp Hawkhill pipes spun in 65cm, 25cm and 6gt for one action, the other is being built into a loaner rig in 65cm for new shooters to run in our local WPR matches.

For the people spinning their own barrels up did you buy the ball from McMaster carr to gauge the conical breach?

For the people spinning their own barrels up did you buy the ball from McMaster carr to gauge the conical breach?
No. I cut the tenon to .763 length(.001 under max), and threaded it. I left the compound at 29 degrees (from threading) and touched the edge of the bore (6mm) to establish a zero. Then cut to .135” depth on the z axis, basically till the bolt (extractor specifically) just clears when in battery. I then cut the chamber completely, and tested case protrusion with a virgin case. I found the end of the chamber was hanging out over the extractor groove about .010. I cut the cone an additional .010 for a total of .145”.

Finished depth.
B4F01654-DF79-4805-90C5-04413A36EC6F.jpeg

Meplat is just kissing the edge of the cone.
26E16BE9-F147-4C17-BB60-4D631F4CD0AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Man, i had to wait 2 days after initial release before i could order so there is no way im getting my right hand short action by end of next week. Was hoping to show it off to coworkers at the range but... all good, very excited for all of you who have them and i am drooling on those pictures, thanks for sharing.

I'm not saying the ejection port is a bad thing, just lil out the norm. I had a nuc g2, and current an Archimedes and I'm a huge fan. I'm excited about the pair I have on order, hopefully they ship soon! I'll be getting heavy comp Hawkhill pipes spun in 65cm, 25cm and 6gt for one action, the other is being built into a loaner rig in 65cm for new shooters to run in our local WPR matches.

I'm just being facetious - I need something to do while the dozen actions I paid for sit around at the exporters waiting for permits. zzzzzzz

Would anyone who received their CDG please provide some dimensions of the trigger hanger (width, length, thickness) and the height of the rear fastener protrusion from the hanger? I'm trying to get an idea of any clearance issues it may cause with a chassis I'm considering to buy. A dimension of the hanger in its furthest forward and rearward position measured from the front face of the receiver would also be very helpful. I'm also assuming the diameter of the receiver is the same as a Rem 700. Thanks in advance for your time and help!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Caldeio
Rifling logos can only be done so many ways.

Correct, but rifling logos that have been laser engraved with LH gain twist have been proven to be the most accurate and most forgiving when it comes to load development... Frank said so.

Supersubes logo has RH rifling, which may explain a couple of those flyers in the target pictures he posted.

On a more serious note, his picture of the brass in the chamber is a perfect example of a fully supported case head even with the conical breech face cut to help with feeding. That should alleviate some of the concerns people had about the conical breech face possibly leaving some of the case head unsupported many pages back.

Last edited:
Ok I want to know how the hell @browning442 was able to drop the CDG into the Xylo???? Can you post a picture of the inlet on yours please.

Maybe his is a newer Xylo & Ted’s made inlet changes?

Mine is an older Xylo so heads up for anyone with an older version. It needs a considerable relief cut to clear the trigger hanger.

Also the AICS tab (included with action) is not a drop in for the older Xylo. It would require milling the slit deeper & wider in the chassis.

Here is what my unmodified inlet looks like. I’m running AW’s, but will show the tab for Anyone that may need to fit it.
13776310-D86D-41C8-969B-C369B81D1052.jpeg

Here is the main offender at front of trigger pocket. Back of action was about .175” high at rear action screw.
FDF8D955-47A5-4696-9A6F-6F43A0A79928.jpeg

This is the minimum mod required. And shown installed. Not much room to spare with that cut.
6A895E43-4AEB-4F3F-835B-B9379D447C9D.jpeg
1962F6AB-9EB9-4847-922C-167792EDF3CD.jpeg
954C77C9-E394-4C6D-919C-FCFBD52D0033.jpeg

Here’s the finished rifle. Probably won’t get any rounds down range till next weekend, but it feeds 14 308’s from the AW perfectly. I can load the mag through the huge port or just throw a round on top of the AW and feeds singles like butter. Beveled the back of the AW follower so it doesn’t act as a bolt stop.

3C475FFC-1C2D-428E-B48B-0399F33B4C55.jpeg

2A91FCD8-04FE-491C-8920-40C73EF23E4E.jpeg

@357Max when did you get your Xylo? I'll have to check it against mine to see if I'm likely to have problems.

There's at least 2 versions of chassis I've seen. Newer chassis has the screws for the mag stop. Older ones do not.

There's at least 2 versions of chassis I've seen. Newer chassis has the screws for the mag stop. Older ones do not.

If you are talking the two threaded holes for cap screws at the front of the mag well I have those.

If you are talking the two threaded holes for cap screws at the front of the mag well I have those.
Yeah mine doesn’t have those threaded holes.

Per the current Xylo drawing, it appears to be notched much deeper @ the shelf for trigger hanger clearance.
The date on this drawing is 6/19/2020.
Mine must have been made just prior to this update.

3BCCF9C2-510D-4B10-AAFF-86DAF574BCD0.jpeg

I dream of the America where having a mill in your garage was normal and common.
Most anyone can. They are plentiful, available, and reasonably inexpensive at entry points. To include used. Smithy lathe/mills have been made forever, and are readily available used. CAD software is reachable, as is CNC for those looking for repeatability. Machining is both a skill and a craft - the long pole in the tent is skills and knowledge development.

The maker movement has been an improvement, from the downward dumb-down direction we've gone toward since the 70's I imagine. We have a local multi-location maker space that is non-profit and well equipped. Some of those fail. And unfortunately much of the work is people making "crafts" (e.g., charcuterie boards :rolleyes:). But there are very knowledgeable people in play, and willing to give time to the burgeoningly curious. The 4x8 CNC gets mostly used for people making their version of Ikea furniture. So it's not all a panacea. But there has never been a better time for machines, tooling, etc being reachable by the person willing to put their shoulder to the crafts. As we like to say in the shop, "let the work teach you."

My apologies in advance for going off-topic. Conversation best for another thread I suppose! And I'm sure @TheOE800 you know all of the above. Just saying it out loud.

Most anyone can. They are plentiful, available, and reasonably inexpensive at entry points. To include used. Smithy lathe/mills have been made forever, and are readily available used. CAD software is reachable, as is CNC for those looking for repeatability. Machining is both a skill and a craft - the long pole in the tent is skills and knowledge development.

The maker movement has been an improvement, from the downward dumb-down direction we've gone toward since the 70's I imagine. We have a local multi-location maker space that is non-profit and well equipped. Some of those fail. And unfortunately much of the work is people making "crafts" (e.g., charcuterie boards :rolleyes:). But there are very knowledgeable people in play, and willing to give time to the burgeoningly curious. The 4x8 CNC gets mostly used for people making their version of Ikea furniture. So it's not all a panacea. But there has never been a better time for machines, tooling, etc being reachable by the person willing to put their shoulder to the crafts. As we like to say in the shop, "let the work teach you."

My apologies in advance for going off-topic. Conversation best for another thread I suppose! And I'm sure @TheOE800 you know all of the above. Just saying it out loud.
There is a big difference between a cnc router, a mill, and a cnc mill. Mills selling on KSL (the local Craigslist type place) has Bridgeports at 5k. Old non bridgeport cnc mills are 30k+. Most bridgeports and up are 3 phase. Cnc routers have crap z travel, high speed spindles only, run dry (no coolant), and can't handle steel.

Another data point on the CDG. Haven’t seen ARC cover this in any of the videos.

Firing pin protrusion on my example is .046 & it is not adjustable.
Pin fall is .250 with zero cock/decock on close.

That’s a little more protrusion than I prefer, but I’m sure Ted has a reason for that decision. Idiot proofing & or longevity of the system would be my guess.

ARC has always called for .035-.045 protrusion AFAIK.

All of my other ARC actions are running .038 protrusion & 19lb springs in Nukes & Muasingfield. I’ve never had a light strike with any of them, even with cci #41’s.

@karagias - I know you mentioned playing with spring rates for the CDG. Will there be any options available?

Thanks

Last edited: