• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

So what .223 mags should we be looking at getting? The accurate mags?
Accurate are good but so are the new MDT metal 223 10 rounds. You’ll probably has to modify either the accurate or mdt in order to go 2.540 coal

Any chassis with adjustable mag latch will bw sufficient. Xylo, c4, matrix, envy, acc. Hell guys are running aw mags with 700s in the new atx chassis w/o adj latch.
Need a DBM with adjustable latch. Punching out the Hawkins latch is big meh.

I'm really nitpicking this thing to find some reasons not to buy it. I really like a lot of the features but I don't really need another action. Main things I've seen so far that I'm iffy about is:

The Extractor: I've had bad experiences with sako style extractors. While it's not exactly a sako extractor the exposed spring gives me pause especially when a primer is popped.

The Conical Breach: I don't really have a problem with it other than I shoot mostly 223 and I can't really tell from the descriptions how much of the case body will be unsupported and how well it will feed the 223.

The Trigger Hanger: Awesome innovative design but my main worry is will the screws loosen over time with how they are oriented.

They offer an AW length latch that you need drive in/out. It’s not adjustable per se.
Ok. I believe the MDT ACC Elite has what you're looking for. I think there may be another but I can't recall at the moment.

Got one! This is going to be my first centerfire bolt action... Couldn't pass up the feature set!

Does anyone know if the Criterion barrels sold on the ARC site can be used for the CDG? Descriptions don't say anything specific to which ARC actions are supported, but I know the CDG (at least) needs something a little different than the others. https://americanrifle.odoo.com/shop/category/barrels-muzzle-devices-28

Reactions: S3th
I'm really nitpicking this thing to find some reasons not to buy it. I really like a lot of the features but I don't really need another action. Main things I've seen so far that I'm iffy about is:

The Extractor: I've had bad experiences with sako style extractors. While it's not exactly a sako extractor the exposed spring gives me pause especially when a primer is popped.

The Conical Breach: I don't really have a problem with it other than I shoot mostly 223 and I can't really tell from the descriptions how much of the case body will be unsupported and how well it will feed the 223.

The Trigger Hanger: Awesome innovative design but my main worry is will the screws loosen over time with how they are oriented.
Ahh, leave those worries for future jzerfoss. He'll work it out when & if the time comes.

Ok. I believe the MDT ACC Elite has what you're looking for. I think there may be another but I can't recall at the moment.
No, I want to use a Foundation Centurion that’s already in my possession 😜.

If it doesn’t feed .223 length well, I’ll consider converting it to .308 WIN bolt face cartridge and just use my proven Defiance for shorter cartridges.

Order number SO-0369XX, took about 20-30 mummies for it to show up in my orders.

What's that make it, over 5k ordered in a hour and a half?

We don’t know that order numbers started at 0 so I wouldn’t put too much into thinking that’s how many actions were sold.
Agreed, 3000 orders is like $2.7M in revenue. Possible, but I’d be pretty darn surprised.

Take a look at post #79 by Ted. I think your worries about the extractor are unfounded.

Last edited:
Well having just sent my aero Solus back for a refund, I hopped on and ordered this! Huge bonus, action wrench available!!! Super stoked and hopefully I ordered early enough that I’m not too far behind. Tried for the first few hours but wasn’t having it🤣

No, I want to use a Foundation Centurion that’s already in my possession 😜
I went looking for an adjustable mag latch bottom metal some time ago. All I could find was the Hawkins.
How often do you think you'll need to swap from AW to CS?
If the AW mags feed flawlessly, why would you want to use a CS ?
If they don't, you'll be relegated to CS in any case which, makes the whole problem mute.

Got one! This is going to be my first centerfire bolt action... Couldn't pass up the feature set!

Does anyone know if the Criterion barrels sold on the ARC site can be used for the CDG? Descriptions don't say anything specific to which ARC actions are supported, but I know the CDG (at least) needs something a little different than the others. https://americanrifle.odoo.com/shop/category/barrels-muzzle-devices-28

Prob not. Those should be for the other actions. Congrats on your first bolt gun and custom.

Reactions: touge and lash

I’m one of the other videos I believe Ted says it is not compatible with nuke or archimedes prefits. If it’s a savage small shank, that I don’t know then if it’s compatible. It won’t have the conical breach face so you may have issues there.

Reactions: touge
Looks like Ted broke the internet with this one. Seriously though, the hosting would be able to handle a reasonable amount of people. I wonder how many were trying to place an order this morning?

Guess I'm ordering a Solus. JK:ROFLMAO:
Just sent mine back to aero and ordered this🤣

I went looking for an adjustable mag latch bottom metal some time ago. All I could find was the Hawkins.
How often do you think you'll need to swap from AW to CS?
If the AW mags feed flawlessly, why would you want to use a CS ?
If they don't, you'll be relegated to CS in any case which, makes the whole problem mute.
Not often I suspect; even changing barrels is kind of rare despite how easy it is. The issue is I’m filling a short length cartridge hole in my lineup and only AICS mags are available for said cartridges.

Whatever, I wanted a new action. 😂

If you’re incapable of looking at that and seeing the difference between it and a Sako extractor… I don’t think it can be explained to you. Nor am I trying to be edgy.
I misread and edited my post. Also I own a bolt with a sako extractor and there are a lot of similarities.

Not often I suspect; even changing barrels is kind of rare despite how easy it is. The issue is I’m filling a short length cartridge hole in my lineup and only AICS mags are available for said cartridges.

This perhaps...... It's what I'm planning to run for my 6 BR in the Coup.
Home » Shop Category » 6mm Mag Spacer Kit AI

1. Screen20Shot202018062320at2010.38.0420pm-100x100.png
  2. Screen20Shot202018062320at2010.38.3020pm-100x100.png
  3. Screen20Shot202018062320at2010.38.1620pm-100x100.png

6MM MAG SPACER KIT AI​

SKU: 6mm AW/AXIn Stock
$110.00 Inc. GST

Minus Quantity-6mm Mag Spacer Kit AI quantityPlus Quantity+
ADD TO CART
Add to wishlist
The HRD GEAR 6mm magazine spacer kit is designed to make the popular 6BR case and it’s variant cases run flawlessly in the AW/AX magazines (part numbers 0726 and 6677).
The back spacer is a press fit and clips into place from the top of the mag. There is a small hole to aid in removal of the back spacer (the tip of a bullet fits perfectly).
THERE ARE NO TOOLS OR MODIFICATIONS NEEDED OR REQUIRED TO INSTALL THIS SPACER KIT.

Reactions: rdog52
thanks all for the responses! guess i have a few months to find a barrel... time to start the research!

thanks all for the responses! guess i have a few months to find a barrel... time to start the research!
As stated quite a few times on this thread, the CDG barrels will best perform when machined with a coned breach.
I imagine that the Criterion barrels should screw into the CDG action but, the headspace will probably be different &, the coned breach will not be included in the barrels for ARC's other actions.

As stated quite a few times on this thread, the CDG barrels will best perform when machined with a coned breach.
I imagine that the Criterion barrels should screw into the CDG action but, the headspace will probably be different &, the coned breach will not be included in the barrels for ARC's other actions.
yup, understand. the question came from the fact that the barrels were offered on the ARC website and the descriptions don't state whether they are for specific ARC actions and not others, just, "Chambered for American Rifle Company bolt actions." it's my first time ordering from ARC as well, so i wasn't sure if part of that barrel purchase includes the required machining for the action ordered with it, since they offer the install on the action. with all the knowledge and experience on this thread, figured i'd throw out the question. thanks!

• Love
Reactions: RockyMntUt
yup, understand. the question came from the fact that the barrels were offered on the ARC website and the descriptions don't state whether they are for specific ARC actions and not others, just, "Chambered for American Rifle Company bolt actions." it's my first time ordering from ARC as well, so i wasn't sure if part of that barrel purchase includes the required machining for the action ordered with it, since they offer the install on the action. with all the knowledge and experience on this thread, figured i'd throw out the question. thanks!
Yes, fair enough.
At this early stage though &, being that the CDG action is inherently different from previous actions, I think it wise to assume that, unless otherwise expressly stated, any & all parts & accessories should be considered specific to previous actions.

I'm looking at the Bartlein Carbon 24" for a 7 PRC. Figure I have enough time to find one or order one by the time my action gets here and I actually feel like starting to build it. Slap it in a Manners LRH with a mini chassis. I think that would be solid rig for just about anything.

What I am not sure of is regular long action or CIP length mini chassis. I'm thinking CIP length because I will be able to go bigger, say 300 PRC, in the future and I can get CIP length 300 Win Mag magazines.

What say you experts?

I'm looking at the Bartlein Carbon 24" for a 7 PRC. Figure I have enough time to find one or order one by the time my action gets here and I actually feel like starting to build it. Slap it in a Manners LRH with a mini chassis. I think that would be solid rig for just about anything.

What I am not sure of is regular long action or CIP length mini chassis. I'm thinking CIP length because I will be able to go bigger, say 300 PRC, in the future and I can get CIP length 300 Win Mag magazines.

What say you experts?
Yeah why not?
I don't need those bigger cartridges for my purposes so, not my cup of tea but, by all means, you have at it.

What say you experts?
What size bolt face? 0.535?

Anyone get an email confirmation for their order? I've ordered in the past, small things here and there, and always got an email detailing the transaction shortly after. Haven't received anything this time.

I ordered in the initial rush, around 11A, and the email confirmation came in just before 5P.

Anyone get an email confirmation for their order? I've ordered in the past, small things here and there, and always got an email detailing the transaction shortly after. Haven't received anything this time.

I didnt get one so I emailed and asked. The site crashed as it was processing my payment, but they emailed back with a copy of my invoice.

Received my confirmation email about 45 minutes after the transaction went though.

What's with the mad rush, did they change it so that the introduction price is only available during the few days of preorder? I didn't gather that that was the plan from ARC's earlier posts?

Personally I'm going to wait and buy my ARC CBD at full price just so I can flex on all the pre-order poor's...

What's with the mad rush, did they change it so that the introduction price is only available during the few days of preorder?

I wasn't aware that they stated how long it would be open or for how many actions.

Ted said it was going to be offered for more then 1 day, but also the wait would grow as more orders came it.

What's with the mad rush, did they change it so that the introduction price is only available during the few days of preorder? I didn't gather that that was the plan from ARC's earlier posts?

Personally I'm going to wait and buy my ARC CBD at full price just so I can flex on all the pre-order poor's...
I got in early because I was shooting for a specific single digit serial number to match an early long action Mausingfield, the lower price was just a bonus.

FWIW in my MG2 with Hawkins DBM I run the standard length magazine catch for both AICS (Accurate Mag and ARC branded ones) and AW magazines without any issues. Didn't even realize they made an AW-specific mag catch because I never had any problems with them that would cause me to look into something like that.

Only thing I had to do was dremel off the top of the mag latch hump on the ARC mags so they could insert deep enough into the bottom metal since for some reason they're 2x as long (from bottom of mag latch that engages with the mag catch to the top of the hump towards the feed lips) as literally any other AICS or AW magazine and in a tight bottom metal like the Hawkins that causes them to bind before they can be inserted deeply enough for the mag catch to grab.

Reactions: lash
FWIW in my MG2 with Hawkins DBM I run the standard length magazine catch for both AICS (Accurate Mag and ARC branded ones) and AW magazines without any issues. Didn't even realize they made an AW-specific mag catch because I never had any problems with them that would cause me to look into something like that.
Had a very different experience with a Centurion, Hawkins DBM, and Defiance action.

Had a very different experience with a Centurion, Hawkins DBM, and Defiance action.
Me too, couldn't get aw with hrd kit ro run for shit in a centurion/Hawkins/lone peak 6bra. Used arc mags and all is will, just run that bolt quick. Slow can cause some nose jams into front of breech.

What's the regular everyday price going to be once the pre-order is over?

Trying to prioritize..

I was thinking 300 PRC, so I probably want the 30 MOA rail?

Reactions: schmi015