• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Couple new Savage rimfires coming out...

memilanuk

F'ing nuke
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2002
    East Wenatchee WA
    I was over on Savageshooters.com following a discussion on the 2010 new products from Savage (having been involved a little with their new .338 LM), and found that Savage has released some teasers of their upcoming releases on Facebook of all places.

Specific to this forum... the new MkII TR and TRR should be of interest to those of you who wanted a more tactical style stock on your trainer rifle - looks like Savage was listening.

MK II TR
    12632_176018653548_175997103548_3111620_3727424_n.jpg

MK II TRR
    12632_176023178548_175997103548_3111643_8134553_n.jpg

And then for something completely different (and a little fruity looking, but still kinda cool):

12632_176018648548_175997103548_3111619_2414119_n.jpg

Re: Couple new Savage rimfires coming out...

I like the first. The second is a little bit too tacticoolish for my taste.
    I wish they'd make them more iron/match sight friendly.

I wonder if Savage is going to be selling the stocks and if they fit the older MKII's?

I like the TR... I wonder if its more sturdy that the traditional Savage stocks... Maybe be able to order the stock from Savage next year?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the first. The second is a little bit too tacticoolish for my taste.
    </div></div>

To a degree, I concur. I'm not a big fan of hanging 5 pounds of crap off the rifle. But I do appreciate the ability to scoot the scope forward, something that is usually a little tough to do on most rimfires as extended scope rails for 'em aren't that common. I suppose a little trip to a gunsmith's shop to trim up that scope rail might help with the extry bits...
    wink.gif

Here's a pic from Gunblast.com that shows a closeup of the rail system:

DSC09318.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I wish they'd make them more iron/match sight friendly.
    </div></div>

Ya know... I hadn't thought of that per se, but I was thinking a Karsten saddle cheekpiece would complement that stock nicely
    wink.gif
    I'm betting it wouldn't that hard to find a set of sights that fit it... perhaps order a set like what comes on the Mk II FVT and have 'em fitted:

MarkII-FVT.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if Savage is going to be selling the stocks and if they fit the older MKII's? </div></div>

They damn well better cause I'd hate to sell a decent shooting rifle just to get one that has a stock that I don't have to rest the bottom of my jaw on to shoot.

I want the secound one!!!

Scott

Too lazy to research on my own accord right now...i know theyre going to be new, & info might not be readily available, but any word on price/guesstimations for the TR??

That TR is nice looking. I hope I can source one of those stocks, anyone want to buy a GAP'ish painted SSS stock?

It's hard to tell from the picture, but if they made/mounted a 20 MOA Base on Rifle number two shown above, they'd really have something working for them that would almost sell themselves if the price is reasonable.

i'm liking the TRR<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe Martin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's hard to tell from the picture, but if they made/mounted a 20 MOA on Rifle number two shown above, they'd really have something working for them that would almost sell themselves if the price is reasonable.</div></div>

ABSOLUTELY!!! otherwise it's just more weight and stuff to get in the way.

i'm also thinking about if the price of the new stock setup would surpass that of a CZ....if it does i'd rather take the CZ and not worry about the cool look and feel and pay for better accurracy.

at any rate, they will probably see a jump in sales of those "tactical" ones.

And I just paid for a MKII BV 3 days ago. I should have waited just a little longer.

Savage said on Facebook that they might release them at the end of December, Merry Christmas to be!!

I'm digin' the 2nd one, I might have to hold off the reloading supplies for this lil' baby!!

Dude!!! This is SWEET!!

Here are some MSRP numbers for ya...

The Tactical Rimfire (TR) is $476.00 for 17HMR and $469.00 for 22LR

TRR w/ Picatinny rail $546.00 & $539.00

Stainless spiral fluted BSEV $552.00 & $546.00

Blue spiral fluted BRJ $464.00 & $456.00

Any idea if they will also be available in LEFT handed versions?

If they make the MkII in a left-hand model now, I'd say yes. Otherwise... no idea.

TRR w/ Picatinny rail $546.00 & $539.00

Thays not a bad price, looks like those reloading supplies will have to wait!!

Merry Christmas to me!!

For $475 on the tr what kind of stock is that? Possibly the new accu-stock? I wonder where the extra $225 is in this model last I checked I could get a hvy bbl mkii for around $250-300. Just want to know what I'm getting other than a stock for that price. I could buy a similar stock for $150 and be able to pay for base & rings with the rest

It definitely looks better in a small pic, but if the stock is the same plastic, it's only a little better. The beaver tail forend looks a little more substantial, but it still looks short and stubby for a real trainer. I'm anxious to hear the first reports and see it in person. Hopefully it's not just an A5 looking toy (honestly, I hope it is, so people will still buy the ones I make for them..hehe).

I am glad I didnt pull the trigger on a standard Mk2 FV today, but while th TR looks like a good trainer for the 10FP I have the MSRP is a bit on the high side. We'll see what the street prices like in a few months I guess.

I'd pick the first one. Less to get in the way and I dont need to add things to a rifle just for looks. Unless it's going to help me make a better shot I dont want it oin there.

Definately going to have to look into getting one of these.
    JMC

Is savage just going to sell the stock also? For the .17 hmr model?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'MSRP', man. Street price is usually somewhat less. </div></div>
    Typically, street price is 20-25% lower, for Savages.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And I just paid for a MKII BV 3 days ago. I should have waited just a little longer.</div></div>My Mark II BV is sitting at the FFL right now. I sure hope they sell that TR stock seperately.
    frown.gif

Anyone have any idea on weight of the first two?

They could benefit from a second sling stud up front.

Anybody seen specs. on the stock, how is it going to compare size wise to a similar MCM

Let's hope they sell like hotcakes and inspire the other manufacturers. I would dearly love something like that for my CZ.

That first one is the schizznit. Hope they sell just the stock, I've been looking for an after market tactical stock.

I remember reading something on the facebook Q&A from a Savage person that I THINK said there are no plans for stocks only for the first year ..? ..because of expected demand....

Strangely enough, they *are* a GUN maker, not a company that makes accessories/parts/stocks. So I don't see them in a hurry to make the stocks available separately. Just a guess.

But...

If'n I were a betting man, I'd hazard a guess that once the initial 'rush' wears off, and parts start making their way to the people who stock such things, you'll start seeing places like Numrich carrying them. Alternately (and possibly sooner) I bet Jim Briggs of Northlander Shooter Supply over on savageshooters.com might be able to pry loose a stock or two - how he does it, I don't know. But he's been a good source for factory 'take-off' parts for a while now.

HTH,

Monte

Just spoke with local gun shop and they quoated me $399 for the TR

First one looks great. I've been thinking about a CZ, but this makes the decision much easier!

yup, id take the first one, $400 isnt a bad price. has anyone gotten one yet? seen one?

Generally I don't think gun companies start selling their new line until *after* the SHOT show... unlike car companies
    wink.gif

I presume someone got to do some field testing and whatnot, but it wasn't me.