• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Crap the dealer messed up my form 4. What happens?

uracowman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I am about to apply for my second suppressor and I noticed something odd when comparing the paperwork to pictures I took of the first one I sent in April. Under section 5 of the application, the dealer filled out transferee ffl information that does not pertain to me. I'm filing it under a trust, so it should of been left blank, but I am certain the application will kickback once the examiner gets the application in front of her. What exactly will happen once it gets sent back?

EDIT: the error is on the first suppressor application I sent out in April, not the one I just sent out today.

Re: Crap the dealer messed up my form 4. What happens?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I am about to apply for my second suppressor </span>and I noticed something odd when comparing the paperwork to pictures I took of the first one I sent in April. Under section 5 of the application, the dealer filled out transferee ffl information that does not pertain to me. I'm filing it under a trust, so it should of been left blank, but I am certain the application will kickback once the examiner gets the application in front of her. What exactly will happen once it gets sent back? </div></div>

Assuming the bolded information is correct, and you have not yet sent the forms in....

Contact the dealer and have them send you NEW Form 4's, with corrected information. Then, submit those.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I am about to apply for my second suppressor </span>and I noticed something odd when comparing the paperwork to pictures I took of the first one I sent in April. Under section 5 of the application, the dealer filled out transferee ffl information that does not pertain to me. I'm filing it under a trust, so it should of been left blank, but I am certain the application will kickback once the examiner gets the application in front of her. What exactly will happen once it gets sent back? </div></div>

Assuming the bolded information is correct, and you have not yet sent the forms in....

Contact the dealer and have them send you NEW Form 4's, with corrected information. Then, submit those. </div></div>

The first application was sent out in April and is still pending for a .30 suppressor (and is also the one in question). I just sent out my second application for a .45 osprey and noticed the difference when I cross referenced pictures I took of the .30 cal suppressor application.

Long story short, the one with the error mentioned in the original post is the one currently pending for the .30 suppressor.

they'll just kick it back and delay you for about a week(or two) Who did your form IV?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they'll just kick it back and delay you for about a week(or two) Who did your form IV? </div></div>

Tactical firearms

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they'll just kick it back and delay you for about a week(or two) Who did your form IV?</div></div>

Why the bump? Your answer is right here ^^^

You should have a copy of both forms for comparison, not pictures....

Always make a copy of your paperwork, the NFA has been known to lose them.