• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Creekside Taylorsville, Georgia Monthly PRS Matches

What's the pace of these matches like? I'm near the Savannah area and when I was living in Duluth I wanted to check that place out. The only down side is I have a bum ankle, no cartilage, so if I twist it wrong I can barely walk for a good two days, so it really limits what matches I try to attend.

They told everybody after the December match that they weren't going to do more than a few (if any) matches in 2020.... Going forwards they are more in the "event venue" business than the shooting range stuff. They will continue to have the 100yd and pistol ranges for members, but being booked every weekend for a wedding makes it hard to get any time in...

I still like the range and guys who run it. This isn't a knock on them and I think they are making decent decisions financially speaking, but it sucks for us.

If I got some facts wrong or if something changes please correct me!

Wb is spot on. Everyone should shift to rifle ranch as its a great place to shoot with metal targets hung all the way out to 900 yards. Its 1 hour and 30 minutes from ATL, just Facebook rifle ranch and seek out their next match. Lots of good guys, just know that they are CST or you'll be sitting around for an hour.

Last edited:
Glad I didn’t spring for a membership in Sept. if the open days would be limited. That would suck.

Not sure what the events bring, but having a range with 300-600yds to shoot at could draw in decent revenue.

Really like the owners and ppl that are there, just hate to hear this.

Reactions: wb00757
That is unfortunate. Maybe they will still have a couple if they’re not booked solid. I will keep an eye on rifle ranch page to see when they’re having some matches.

Reactions: wb00757
It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Creekside Memorial Day Long Range Precision Match 2020

May 25th 2020 @ 8:00 am

Taylorsville, Georgia 30178
[email protected]

The Creekside Memorial Day Match will be held in remembrance of all the servicemen and servicewomen who made the ultimate sacrifice.

The match will comprise of 6 stages

Round count 90 rounds (15 rounds per stage)

Cost of admission $75. After registering on practiscore you will be emailed a PayPal link for payment. Registration is only complete after payment is received. The deadline to cancel your registration for full refund is 05-15-2020 11:59 PM EST.

https://practiscore.com/clubs/creekside_firing_range

Match payouts:

• $300 top shooter
  • $300 top LEO/active military shooter
NB: it is possible for a person to run away with both payout $600 total.

Awards/Trophies:

• Top 8 finishers
  • Top Female
  • Top LEO
  • Top Military
  • Top Senior 55 and over
  • Top Newbie (1st match ever)
  • Top Gas Gun
NB: it is possible to walk away with multiple awards

Match will be capped at 45 shooters (for logistics purposes)

P.S. The match will be held on Memorial Day at 8:00 am EST.

I noticed joe had all of their steel posted for sale on Facebook today. I wonder if he’s buying more or that’s just old that doesn’t get used. I’m checking my schedule cause I’d definitely like to be there

Reactions: studentshooter
Think you could post scores form the long gun series last year while you are at it? I don't think they ever got posted anywhere.

Please! Didn't mean to sound like a dick.....

Interestingly enough I dont have those scores--sorry. The memorial day match is being ran by two of the range members: Chris and Trinidad. Those results will be posted on practiscore and in this thread the same day of the match-- first initial and last name only. Also, there will be MORE than 6 stages at this match if time allows.

Reactions: msting22
Who is ready for a match on Monday? There is still time to sign up--registration closes 8 am the day of the match.
https://practiscore.com/creekside-memorial-day-long-range-precision-match-2020/register

20200522_175604.jpg

The round count is exactly 100 rounds: 16,12,15,15,15,15,12
7 stages

For the guys with the scoped AR15, AR10, & M1A:
GASSER.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for some female shooters. Guys don't leave your ladies home on Memorial Day, let them join in on the fun.

20200523_194606.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone a Creekside member? They posted something about members need to stop by this week due to something from the county or something and now their Facebook page is gone.

edit: I paid for a membership 9mo ago but now I can't even get a call back from them so I'm assuming with the facebook page gone they're closed.

Last edited:
Is this placed closed down or what's the word with them? I wanted to start going to these monthly meet-ups.

Looks like it... Idk what the story is but they are now "creekside farms" instead of "creekside firing range". I'm going to try the rifle ranch matches that are just over the Alabama border. It looks like less of a flat range which is cool

I've heard of rifle ranch and wanted to attend those as well. They don't update their website so it's hard to find solid info. I don't have FB anymore.

Reactions: CBeck
I've heard of rifle ranch and wanted to attend those as well. They don't update their website so it's hard to find solid info. I don't have FB anymore.
Message the guy. Shoot out to 900 yards and its a better venue.

I've heard Creekside is closed. Never returned my calls.

Went to Rifle Ranch to check it out. Odd setup with folks set up 45deg in front of each other so you better trust the folks over your shoulder. Didn't feel safe and then the owner started yelling about someone shooting over the berms and hitting the neighbors property so I won't be going back. Not sure how long they will be open with the neighbors calling and saying rounds are hitting their direction.

I've heard Creekside is closed. Never returned my calls.

Went to Rifle Ranch to check it out. Odd setup with folks set up 45deg in front of each other so you better trust the folks over your shoulder. Didn't feel safe and then the owner started yelling about someone shooting over the berms and hitting the neighbors property so I won't be going back. Not sure how long they will be open with the neighbors calling and saying rounds are hitting their direction.
You’d have to really send rounds high at rifle ranch to have them leave the property and there also isn’t much for neighbors. You talking about the right place?

Creekside is dead as far as shooting goes. Rifle Ranch is fun, cheap, and has more range.

You’d have to really send rounds high at rifle ranch to have them leave the property and there also isn’t much for neighbors. You talking about the right place?

Creekside is dead as far as shooting goes. Rifle Ranch is fun, cheap, and has more range.

Yes, I am. I thought so also but the owner made a point about having issues with people shooting over the berms at the neighbors and then started yelling couple hours later that one of the neighbors had called with rounds going over the berm at them.

Yes, I am. I thought so also but the owner made a point about having issues with people shooting over the berms at the neighbors and then started yelling couple hours later that one of the neighbors had called with rounds going over the berm at them.
If people are sending rounds over the target or berm, would you rather him not correct them?

If people are sending rounds over the target or berm, would you rather him not correct them?
I still don’t see how you send one over the berm there and there aren’t any neighbors lol. Maybe he’s talking about the suppressor only matches in that neighborhood that got shut down.

I still don’t see how you send one over the berm there and there aren’t any neighbors lol. Maybe he’s talking about the suppressor only matches in that neighborhood that got shut down.
I'm sure he's talking about the same place. The owner is just taking precautions and the guy shooting was on the wrong rev. Some people don't want corrections made and will wait until its too late to say anything.

Just stumbled across this thread. Noticed a few pics of me at the Creekside matches! If you see a fool with a 16" AR trying to keep up with 6mm bolt guns, that's me.

Is anyone else running matches in the area? I miss the LR and DMR matches Joe ran. Good times.

Just stumbled across this thread. Noticed a few pics of me at the Creekside matches! If you see a fool with a 16" AR trying to keep up with 6mm bolt guns, that's me.

Is anyone else running matches in the area? I miss the LR and DMR matches Joe ran. Good times.
Creekside died. Alabama precision in carbon and rifle ranch in Graham Alabama is this nov 14.