• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CrossTac Big Front Bag (BFB)?

lee1000

Private
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2011
Anyone have any experience with these? My current bag is broken Chinese made garbage and a couple of inches too short. This bag is taller and made in the USA.

I'll be using the bag prone during load development. I have a Protektor rear bag and like it but they don't make a tall front bag. I'm open to any other recommendations

I shoot a 308 Savage 12 FTR out to 600 yards. I'm in the process of getting into F-Class FTR.

Thanks in advance for the advice

CrossTac Big Front Bag Front Shooting Rest Bag Cordura

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If you are going to shoot FTR you will need a bipod. Can not use a front bag. You may know this already. You can go with any thing from a Harris all the way to a seb joy pod. It depends on your shooting style. Lots of guys are going to the ski style pods because is the more consistent tracking, but to start a Harris will work just fine. You should do your load development on what you will be shooting off of in compition.

Ryan

I do have a Harris and have used it during load development but I don't like it or the variables it introduces. Once I have the funds I'll likely get a Atlas as I've read they are easier to load, I have a hard time with my Harris.

I know there is a huge fan base for atlas but for f class I would skip over them. I would ether get a set of claw feet for the Harris or try a LRA fclass bipod if you want to load. Guys are also having a lot of success with trying a modified free recoil using the ski pod type bipod. Takes a bit to get use to but is very effective. I took my 260 from .40 to high .2s with this technique.

Wow, that's a big improvement.

I may get one but I really want something a little more universal than a sled bipod. Especially for the money involved.