• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Crusader Thruster Muzzle Brake w/2 ports per side?

Hi Speed

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2006
Chester, S.C.
My Crusader came in today from GA Precision. the gun looks good but one thing has me concerned. The Thruster brake that i have on another GAP rifle has 3 ports per side. The brake on this rifle has 2 ports per side. What gives? the pics on badgers site still have the thruster with 6 total ports. The pics on GAP's web site have 6 total ports. Why does mine have 4?

Re: Crusader Thruster Muzzle Brake w/2 ports per side?

its the new GAP brake my new 6.5 got it. There own design.

T.

1117102145.jpg

Here she is. If it is half as accurate as my other's, i'll be a cheese eatin opossum. Was unaware GAP had a new design. Looks good and the fit and finish is second to none. Hope it works as well as the 6 port. The ports are bigger it seems without a side by side comparison. I hate having brakes but with my injury they are a must for prolonged outings at the range. Helps in sighting spoilers when I'm alone too.

1117102148.jpg

The two port design kicks ass. I have ran the Cooley brakes for a while and they are similar in design, I also have a BO Thruster brake as well. I can't say which is "better" b/c they are on different caliber rifles, but I will say that neither one has left me desiring more from a brake.

I personally like the two port brakes. I think they work very well, and are a lot easier to clean. Only downside in the past has been the way the Cooley brake necks down at the base requiring a smaller OD of the muzzle. The GAP brake has apparently remedied that, so it will probably be the way I go in the future

Yes Guys, That is the new GAP Titan Comp. the larger 2 ports are more affective, it still have 2 deg of upward angle to keep muzzle flip to a min. They are also easier to remove if guys are running suppressors and the brake on the same rifle.

I had GAP put one on my 300 short mag just last week or so. It turned my 300 short mag into a 243 or less. It works well for my rifle and couldn't be happier. I wonder how well it works for a 338 Lapua.

I think it looks really good!! I will be sporting a brake on my new rifle when I get the funds to build. It will help with the recoil enough so that my wife can shoot as well without gettin the poo knocked out of her messed up shoulder.

DK

O.K. I'll admit it looks sexy mean, but not brutal like the FTE. This brake works guys and the report is not much louder on the gun than a stock 10FP if any at all with game ears in off position. Budy that was with me said from 20ft the report at the 7 o'clock position was less boomy. Whatever that means. I think they both boom like a .308. not louder, just different.
If accuracy was affected, it was for the better, if that's possible. 168 and 175 SMK's, 168 and 178 A-Max? Shoots them all but load development is slow moving due to car wreck. Will drop a deer DRT at 592yds with 165NAB's.

Brake, Gun, All GTG. Best set up I own. Very Easy on the eyes too.