• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CTD = scum of the Earth

I agree, Cobracutter. I can't count the numbers of times I've argued that price gouging, while driven by market forces, is still price gouging, and been slammed by anarcho-capitalists for being 'soft.' Never mind that people need water after a hurricane ("Their fault for not preparing..." Please.)

Clearly your not all about the free market and supply and demand, otherwise you wouldn't see the problem.

Ironic how principles can change when it adversely effects you? Guess you didn't really belive in them in the first place. You would rather someone like me, buy them all up at normal prices and stash them, then people who need them, be able to buy them. Makes a ton of sense............

Does it cost CTD $99 to replace the mag with new stock? No? How about $50? No? How about $25? Maybe? Since all the local stores are now getting p-mags and metal mags and selling them at normal pre-nuts prices. If the replacement cost to CTD was $75 then I can understand the need for a $99 mag. But that is most clearly not the case.

I know if I was the mater of the P mag when I got my next order from CTD I would call them up and say mags are now $80.00USD each for you. When they ask why I would tell them you are trying to sell them for $100.00. Supply and demand just that simple.

I' quite positive if you emailed them with your order #,, and customer #, they will get your order cancelled, unless it's processing at the moment, Far be it from me to stand up for Midway, but I think they stated along with 90% of internet companies that these times are rather difficult for them at the moment.
Now back to the regular scheduled bash, I can't believe with all the other companies out there, that anyone has ever bought anything from these scumbags., CTD that is.

This I understand, when I placed the order I received a message saying that it would take at least one month to process the order, I was happy to wait a month I was in no hurry. Two months past without an update or reply. That is just poor customer service, and nothing to do with supply and demand.

Yeah, fuck capitalism. Greedy assholes. They should be selling them for what they were 4 months ago. Dont they know as gun owners we are all in this together? How dare they try and make windfall profits on their customers. Just because some people have the money to buy 130$ magazines doesnt make it fair, we cant all afford that.

Who does that sound like?

I bet you guys also bitch about price "gouging" when gas skyrockets because of tensions in the middle east too. I swear, does anyone teach economics or history anymore? Or are we all slowly and unconsciously being brainwashed by the medias narratives?

Last edited:
Does it cost CTD $99 to replace the mag with new stock? No? How about $50? No? How about $25? Maybe? Since all the local stores are now getting p-mags and metal mags and selling them at normal pre-nuts prices. If the replacement cost to CTD was $75 then I can understand the need for a $99 mag. But that is most clearly not the case.

So don't buy at their inflated price. That's how price competition in the market works. If they can't sell them, their price will come down.

Originally Posted by milo 2.0
I' quite positive if you emailed them with your order #,, and customer #, they will get your order cancelled, unless it's processing at the moment, Far be it from me to stand up for Midway, but I think they stated along with 90% of internet companies that these times are rather difficult for them at the moment.
Now back to the regular scheduled bash, I can't believe with all the other companies out there, that anyone has ever bought anything from these scumbags., CTD that is.

This I understand, when I placed the order I received a message saying that it would take at least one month to process the order, I was happy to wait a month I was in no hurry. Two months past without an update or reply. That is just poor customer service, and nothing to do with supply and demand.

Bro,
I completely agree with you. I just thought they'd answer an email. I emailed them at the end of Jan, only to ask them if they thought it would be possible for them to fuck their website up anymore than what it is now.
I got a prompt response!

I bought a couple of uppers from CTD some years ago and was satisfied with the price and delivery. I would not buy from them or any other dealer now at the current inflated prices. Why single out CTD when there are many others doing the same thing. Are they not allowed to sell for whatever price the market will bear whether we feel the price is reasonable or not. If you don't want to buy from them, then don't buy. It seems the firearms community would be better served if all this rage were diverted to the anti-gunners who after all are the root cause of todays problems. The main tactic used historically by the people who would rob us of our rights is one of "divide and conquer". This tactic has worked amazingly well in the past. For me, if CTD offers a product that I want and at a reasonable price, I will buy from them without hesitation.

I don't complain about the price gouging. If someone doesn't want them at that price don't buy them there and go buy them cheaper elsewhere -- if you can. I've had to buy an item or two at inflated prices in times like these and the first person I blamed was myself for not buying them earlier and cheaper when I had the chance. That said, I don't buy from CTD for other reasons.

I recently spent 3 days in Dallas/Fort Worth and I am going to give CTD a few props from a business perspective, but then I'm going to say why I like Cabelas business model better.

Business is all about making money, but if you have a storefront the best way to make cash is to keep the shelves stocked! Now making more cash by marking up everything 100% is one thing, but when I walked into CTD they had a walls of guns and every type of ammo you could imagine. There is some satisfaction to this as a buyer as you know you can go there and get something if you really want it. They are going to keep bringing in customers and good for those people who get what they want at any cost.

Cabelas now... I went to Cabelas 3 days in a row and for 3 days in a row they had new ammo shipments in, and I actually got to touch a box of .223 Z-max... which I put back on the shelf and was picked up 2 minutes later. To my surprise Cabelas had ARs in all 3 days as well, and they weren't the same ones. They were selling an AR-10 and an AR-15 at retail prices. The trick was, they had dumped all sorts of hardware onto the ARs and you had to buy that as well! Here are the 2 guns I took note of and I think the business model will speak for itself.

Sig 516 patrol FDE - Eotech + front grip = $1750
AR-10, some custom shop didnt get the name + grips + NF Optic + Green laser + harris bipod + some other shit = $6000

I kinda regret not picking up the Sig but I'm seriously not trying to support this craziness. I would have probably sold the Sig and used the money for a new AR-10... lol